User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 11,421.24
So would somebody with some knowledge chime in?

Does MN-Duluth stand any kind of a chance or did I just piss away 1000 Sands?
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20501
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 24,997.12
fishfry wrote:So would somebody with some knowledge chime in?

Does MN-Duluth stand any kind of a chance or did I just piss away 1000 Sands?


No clue about relative talent level, but hockey is more prone to good team play trumping superior skill

Also a hot goalie can win gmae(s) all by himself
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20501
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 24,997.12
prplhz14 wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:i just agreed to a trade with MN_HockeyGuy.

i give him BU, he gets MN...


he gets both?


Hoping that FLPatsFan didn't hurt himself due to excitement of trading...
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 11,421.24
OilersNut wrote:
fishfry wrote:So would somebody with some knowledge chime in?

Does MN-Duluth stand any kind of a chance or did I just piss away 1000 Sands?


No clue about relative talent level, but hockey is more prone to good team play trumping superior skill

Also a hot goalie can win gmae(s) all by himself


Well then, here's to a scorching hot goalie... :Drink)
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 2.00
fishfry wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
fishfry wrote:So would somebody with some knowledge chime in?

Does MN-Duluth stand any kind of a chance or did I just piss away 1000 Sands?


No clue about relative talent level, but hockey is more prone to good team play trumping superior skill

Also a hot goalie can win gmae(s) all by himself


Well then, here's to a scorching hot goalie... :Drink)

Kenny Reiter (UMD goalie) is one of the 2 goalies in this tournament who have previously won a national championship. (UMD won last year)

He can definitely flip the switch and win some games. They also have one of the best players in college hockey in Jack Connolly.

They have a tough draw being in a bracket with BC, but if they can win that game, they'll be dangerous in the Frozen Four.
_______________________________________

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 11,421.24
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Kenny Reiter (UMD goalie) is one of the 2 goalies in this tournament who have previously won a national championship. (UMD won last year)

He can definitely flip the switch and win some games. They also have one of the best players in college hockey in Jack Connolly.

They have a tough draw being in a bracket with BC, but if they can win that game, they'll be dangerous in the Frozen Four.


Thanks a lot.

Guess I should do some research before posting. Didn't even realize I had the defending champs and #5 in the final rankings... :lol:
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20501
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 24,997.12
fishfry wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Kenny Reiter (UMD goalie) is one of the 2 goalies in this tournament who have previously won a national championship. (UMD won last year)

He can definitely flip the switch and win some games. They also have one of the best players in college hockey in Jack Connolly.

They have a tough draw being in a bracket with BC, but if they can win that game, they'll be dangerous in the Frozen Four.


Thanks a lot.

Guess I should do some research before posting. Didn't even realize I had the defending champs and #5 in the final rankings... :lol:


I'm usually the one asking questions like where is Bemjidi State? They don't do college hockey in California :lol:
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7092
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 11,421.24
OilersNut wrote:
fishfry wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Kenny Reiter (UMD goalie) is one of the 2 goalies in this tournament who have previously won a national championship. (UMD won last year)

He can definitely flip the switch and win some games. They also have one of the best players in college hockey in Jack Connolly.

They have a tough draw being in a bracket with BC, but if they can win that game, they'll be dangerous in the Frozen Four.


Thanks a lot.

Guess I should do some research before posting. Didn't even realize I had the defending champs and #5 in the final rankings... :lol:


I'm usually the one asking questions like where is Bemjidi State? They don't do college hockey in California :lol:


My stepson lives in SF. My wife and stepdaughter are there visiting right now.
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15399
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 10,869.24
The number next to your team is their overall seed.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33614
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,152.26
Onut and i have switched teams now .. he has BU.. i get my Miami Redhawks...
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20501
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 24,997.12
FLPatsFan wrote:Onut and i have switched teams now .. he has BU.. i get my Miami Redhawks...


I did refuse the bribe offer of sausage though :wink:
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37683
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005
Sand$: 26,571.00
und2006 wrote:The number next to your team is their overall seed.


14th seed team for me :oops:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 2.00
NikeJohn wrote:
und2006 wrote:The number next to your team is their overall seed.


14th seed team for me :oops:

Western Michigan won their conference tournament. It's a long shot, they're going to have to beat two very solid teams just to get out of their region, but I wouldn't call it a sand donation!
_______________________________________

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7995
Joined: Wed Sep 4, 2002
Sand$: 5,033.65
Black Plague wrote:I dont know chit about hockey period...much less NCAA...but Ferris State?! That sounds like a sand donation to me :lol:


What do you want in trade?
_______________________________________

Image


What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15399
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 10,869.24
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:
NikeJohn wrote:
und2006 wrote:The number next to your team is their overall seed.


14th seed team for me :oops:

Western Michigan won their conference tournament. It's a long shot, they're going to have to beat two very solid teams just to get out of their region, but I wouldn't call it a sand donation!

They run smack dab into the 2nd hottest team in the country 1st game (yeah... BC is hotter, I really hate them).
_______________________________________

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests