Earning Sand

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,252.70
Curious as to why every post no matter how short or long only equals 2 sand? I play in a few leagues where we have dues to pay and it seems nearly impossible to earn. Most are 1000 buy in so that means I would have to make 500 posts to reach this. Is this so everyone reaches Megalodon (however you spell it) in no time but at the expense of making many meaningless posts. I would gamble but I suck and then would be in an even bigger hole. :lol: Thank you for listening to me whine. I will put my paci back in my mouth and shut up. :baaaby:
Administrator
Sand$: 5,352.00
The answer is because it's a custom modification to the board and it does what it does which is what you see. Our old forum and old mod did pay per character which I liked better but when we upgraded to the latest and greatest, this version is all that was available and we had to have $Sand!
Great White Shark
:thumbright: Understood. Thanks for the reply.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,920.20
general mills wrote: Understood. Thanks for the reply.

X2

Since this is the case, I think it's time for the tank to start adjusting to reality when it comes to Sand wagering and League fees. 1000 Sand is a huge amount to bet on a game of chance or to play a League, so newer Sharks may not get to participate. It seems like only the Sharks who have already built up a big Sand pile are playing these days. It would be nice to let some of the new blood take full advantage of the site.

I know it's not anything Tony can control, just throwing it out there...

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
Great White Shark
Is there away when you first sign up get like a signing bonus of like 200 sand or something? What about a if you donate to the site you are rewarded with sand? Like for every $5 donated you receive like 50 sand. Help the site which helps our fun here. I do agree that the leagues and betting needs to take this account though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,794.38
No sands at all now? Did I miss the memo? I've been posting but no sands received. :?

If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Whale Sharks #2- Set It & Forget It - Kicker/D Challenge - LoT Greeks
Megalodon
Sand$: 65,653.88
Krazy Kraut wrote:No sands at all now? Did I miss the memo? I've been posting but no sands received. :?

Have you posted a bunch today? IIRC, there used to be a daily limit on the number of posts for which you would collect sand.

Edit: I received sand for this post.
Great White Shark
sand testing post. . . (do not click).

Great White Shark
Krazy Kraut wrote:sand testing post. . . (do not click).

OK I got the 2 sands. But did not get a "you received 2 sands for this post" note. Maybe my pop up blocker? No worries.