what are you reading?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6302
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007
Sand$: 20,262.46
i thought it would be interesting to see what books, magazines, newspapers, and net articles other sharks are reading.

i just go done reading The Road by Cormic Mccarthy(No Country For Old Men) and A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin, and i just started reading the Dragon Bone Chair by Tad Williams. If you haven't read The Road, you should. It is a very dark post-apocalyptic book that is written so well that you want to finish it in a single night.

I love sports illustrated and read it from cover to cover

the newspaper i buy the most this time of the year is probably the USA Today, just because they have great nfl point spreads (survivor pool help) and usely have good info on fantasy football.
_______________________________________

2012 Sotheby's Big Play Champ
2012 Hundred Yard Heroes Champ
2013 Monday Night Rehab Keeper Champ
2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
2015 The Wall Northern Conference League Champ
2015 Empire of Excellence Champ
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 49912
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 103,587.30
I'm in my mid 20's, if it's not on the internet I probably won't read it :)

*Football Guys Newsletter
*Baseball Musings
*Roto Authority
*Buster Olney Blog
*Hardball Times
*Browsing team websites and homer message boards for more in depth info, homer boards are quite useful as long as you don't read beyond the first post
*Book of Tells - I'll probably start reading this again as the colder months approach and I start playing more poker

You could say I eat, sleep, and breathe football and baseball...and to a lesser degree poker.
_______________________________________

Follow me @mchamberlin32
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25362
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$: 19,900.04
The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury. Just finished "The Cold Plague" by Daniel Kalla.
_______________________________________

lousylions wrote:How did you like it in the end Conan?



Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33612
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,150.14
Just about to start A Sunburned Country
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16093
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006
Sand$: 37,240.08
Football Guys newsletters
Fantasy Sharks, of course
Saints homer board
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan (I never read fantasy books, but my Aunt recently got me started on this series and they're not bad)
_______________________________________

Image
\\/\// ||-|| (()) ||)) //-\\ '||'
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 80308
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004
Sand$: 63,882.52
Robert Ludlum's The Janson Directive.

Just finished The Bourne Sanction.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6302
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007
Sand$: 20,262.46
HawgMaws wrote:Football Guys newsletters
Fantasy Sharks, of course
Saints homer board
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan (I never read fantasy books, but my Aunt recently got me started on this series and they're not bad)


yeah robert jordan is great IMO. too bad he passed away. R.I.P
_______________________________________

2012 Sotheby's Big Play Champ
2012 Hundred Yard Heroes Champ
2013 Monday Night Rehab Keeper Champ
2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
2015 The Wall Northern Conference League Champ
2015 Empire of Excellence Champ
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18047
Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 2.00
The Brethren - Grisham
_______________________________________

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions


"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16093
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006
Sand$: 37,240.08
phillyphaithful07 wrote:
HawgMaws wrote:Football Guys newsletters
Fantasy Sharks, of course
Saints homer board
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan (I never read fantasy books, but my Aunt recently got me started on this series and they're not bad)


yeah robert jordan is great IMO. too bad he passed away. R.I.P


R.I.P., RJ :(
_______________________________________

Image
\\/\// ||-|| (()) ||)) //-\\ '||'
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 80308
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004
Sand$: 63,882.52
Has anyone read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels? They are pretty good reads.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007
Sand$: 4,792.00
dznutz88 wrote:Has anyone read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels? They are pretty good reads.


I have read most of them and I like his style. Have you read anything by Robert CRAIS? His books are very similar to Lee Child. Fast paced. One of the main character is Elvis Cole, a witty PI.
I just finished "Broken Window" by Jeffery Deaver. Good book IMO.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 80308
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004
Sand$: 63,882.52
Lynch Mobster2 wrote:
dznutz88 wrote:Has anyone read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels? They are pretty good reads.


I have read most of them and I like his style. Have you read anything by Robert CRAIS? His books are very similar to Lee Child. Fast paced. One of the main character is Elvis Cole, a witty PI.
I just finished "Broken Window" by Jeffery Deaver. Good book IMO.
no never heard of him, might have to check his stuff out.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27769
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005
Sand$: 10,566.00
Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War

Healing Our World In an Age of Aggression

The United States and Britain in Bible Prophecy


Recently finished 'Day of Reckoning'
_______________________________________

Image
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matt 11
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16093
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006
Sand$: 37,240.08
dznutz88 wrote:
Lynch Mobster2 wrote:
dznutz88 wrote:Has anyone read any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels? They are pretty good reads.


I have read most of them and I like his style. Have you read anything by Robert CRAIS? His books are very similar to Lee Child. Fast paced. One of the main character is Elvis Cole, a witty PI.
I just finished "Broken Window" by Jeffery Deaver. Good book IMO.
no never heard of him, might have to check his stuff out.


I have read a few by Childs, Crais, and Deaver; all are entertaining.
I would recommend Greg Iles and Michael Connelly to you guys. Those are two of my faves. :thumbup:
_______________________________________

Image
\\/\// ||-|| (()) ||)) //-\\ '||'
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5919
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005
Sand$: 632.00
Choke by Chuck palahunik (sp?, the guy who wrote fight club)
The Road by...name escapes me and I don't have the book with me
Lamb by Christopher Moore
_______________________________________

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests