what are you reading?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,322.24
Over the last month or so I have read the first two books in the Malazan Book of Fallen series (Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates) by Steven Erikson. I have to say they are awesome. So awesome that I still have 8 books left in the series and I am already thinking about rationing my reading of them :lol:

2012 Sotheby's Big Play Champ
2012 Hundred Yard Heroes Champ
2013 Monday Night Rehab Keeper Champ
2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
2015 The Wall Northern Conference League Champ
2015 Empire of Excellence Champ
Great White Shark
Sand$: 686.38
ok, Philly. I'm taking your word for it. I will read this series after I finish the new King dark tower pub, and will get back with you.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,375.64
phillyphaithful07 wrote:Over the last month or so I have read the first two books in the Malazan Book of Fallen series (Gardens of the Moon and Deadhouse Gates) by Steven Erikson. I have to say they are awesome. So awesome that I still have 8 books left in the series and I am already thinking about rationing my reading of them :lol:

Just started reading Dust of Dreams, book 9, after an extended break from the series. Takes a little while to get back into his writing style and trying to remember what is what and who is who in his massive universe. Very good series though. Highly recommended.
Great White Shark
Mursenary wrote:ok, Philly. I'm taking your word for it. I will read this series after I finish the new King dark tower pub, and will get back with you.

Like Jerky says it does take a while to get his writing style to flow in your brain, but its well worth the work. The scope of Erikson's imagination is incredibly vast.

2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,214.24
Bangkok Haunts

From Amazon wrote:Sonchai Jitpleecheep—the devout Buddhist Royal Thai Police detective who led us through the best sellers Bangkok 8 and Bangkok Tattoo—returns in this blistering new novel.

Sonchai has seen virtually everything on his beat in Bangkok’s District 8, but nothing like the video he’s just been sent anonymously: “Few crimes make us fear for the evolution of our species. I am watching one right now.”

He’s watching a snuff film. And the person dying before his disbelieving eyes is Damrong—a woman he once loved obsessively and, now it becomes clear, endlessly. And there is something more: something at the end of the film that leaves Sonchai both figuratively and literally haunted.

I've read all of these books and am going back through them again. All very well written, but definitely not for everyone.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,253.04
Divergent

It's not very good, but I am halfway through so I hate to quit it now.
Megalodon
Sand$: 9,893.66
Finished all three Hunger Games novels - actually very good, easy reading and very enjoyable

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 50,801.16
Reading The Drop by Michael Connelly.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 686.38
phillyphaithful07 wrote:
Mursenary wrote:ok, Philly. I'm taking your word for it. I will read this series after I finish the new King dark tower pub, and will get back with you.

Like Jerky says it does take a while to get his writing style to flow in your brain, but its well worth the work. The scope of Erikson's imagination is incredibly vast.

QFT. I felt a little frustrated with this series at the beginning of Gardens, but now I'm into book 2 and I'm loving this series so far. I love finding a huge series like this and knowing that I have several more novels left to go. Great story so far.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,375.64
Mursenary wrote:
phillyphaithful07 wrote:

QFT. I felt a little frustrated with this series at the beginning of Gardens, but now I'm into book 2 and I'm loving this series so far. I love finding a huge series like this and knowing that I have several more novels left to go. Great story so far.

It took me two tries to get through Gardens. Started it the first time and didn't like it. Stopped reading it for quite a while, then decided to restart it and just push through to the end. Very glad I did.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 50,801.16
Reading Nicks Trip by George Pelecanos
Megalodon
I am in the middle of a series that I have read a 100x, so I'm too embarrassed to say, but I think I am going back and read the original Ian Flemming James Bond books. I read them as a kid and loved them,

Great White Shark
Jerky wrote:
Mursenary wrote:
phillyphaithful07 wrote:

It took me two tries to get through Gardens. Started it the first time and didn't like it. Stopped reading it for quite a while, then decided to restart it and just push through to the end. Very glad I did.

Yeah Gardens of the Moon almost turned me away from the series too but towards the end it all started clicking and now each book is getting better. I'm now 2/3 done with the 4th book House of Chains and I continue to be thoroughly surprised by the scope of Erickson's imagination. I love this series!!

2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
Megalodon
Sand$: 47,782.72
jstr2112 wrote:I am in the middle of a series that I have read a 100x, so I'm too embarrassed to say, but I think I am going back and read the original Ian Flemming James Bond books. I read them as a kid and loved them,

Twilight? You should be ashamed

Megalodon
prplhz14 wrote:
jstr2112 wrote:I am in the middle of a series that I have read a 100x, so I'm too embarrassed to say, but I think I am going back and read the original Ian Flemming James Bond books. I read them as a kid and loved them,

Twilight? You should be ashamed

:lol:
:oops: