FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 12:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 09.21.2010, 00:57 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 610
Donate
oak.gif
So this is our first year using the IR spot in the Yahoo League. The IR spot is listed in the 'scores & settings' and is also shown in the 'stat tracker live'. However, we are having trouble understanding how to put a player in the IR spot. It does not show a IR spot on our teams' pages. Anyone know how to use the IR space?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue 09.21.2010, 11:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38888
Donate
car.gif
From the help section on Yahoo:

All Public Leagues have one IR spot, while Custom League commissioners can choose to have up to five IR positions.

To find the number of IR spots in your league, click the "League Settings" link found on your League Overview page.

In order to be eligible for the IR position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey, a player must be on the real-life injured reserve list.

Players cannot be added directly to your fantasy team's IR. Instead, they must first be added to your roster and then put on the IR. So, if you have a full roster, you need to drop a player before you can claim the new player.

When a player is placed on the real-life IR, that shows as one of the positions in his pull-down menu. To place that player on your team's IR, select the IR position choice and click "Submit Changes." When you've done this, you can pick up a new player from the Available Players list.

Injury notes are updated each evening. Therefore, there might be a delay between the player's placement on the IR by their team, and the update of the designation on your team page.

Once on the IR, a player can stay there for the entire season, even if he returns to real-life action. However, after a player comes off the real-life IR, you cannot complete any transactions until you remove him from your team's IR. You can, however, make intra-roster moves (switching players between bench and active) regardless of a player's IR status.

You can also use your bench spots to house injured players. If you have no available IR or bench positions, or if your league doesn't allow them, you must drop the injured player from your roster if you want to pick up another player.

Reads to me that they have to be on IR to be eligible, not just Out. See if Grant's on a roster and try it with him.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 09.21.2010, 14:30 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 610
Donate
oak.gif
Thanks for the reply, PWB!

One of the teams wanted to place Grant on their IR. Must be some sort of glitch cuz we tried several different ways to get him placed on IR. For some reason, the League Settings and Stattracker both show the IR spot, but there is no IR spot on the team's roster. In the end, the owner just dropped Grant since he has no value to anyone anyways.

Actually, I also realized that IR spots are just stupid for re-draft leagues anyways. Since IR means the player is out for the season, you may as well just drop the player because he isn't gonna return this season. IR spots do make sense for Keeper Leagues.

PostPosted: Tue 09.21.2010, 15:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38888
Donate
car.gif
EZ money wrote:
Thanks for the reply, PWB!

One of the teams wanted to place Grant on their IR. Must be some sort of glitch cuz we tried several different ways to get him placed on IR. For some reason, the League Settings and Stattracker both show the IR spot, but there is no IR spot on the team's roster. In the end, the owner just dropped Grant since he has no value to anyone anyways.

Actually, I also realized that IR spots are just stupid for re-draft leagues anyways. Since IR means the player is out for the season, you may as well just drop the player because he isn't gonna return this season. IR spots do make sense for Keeper Leagues.

Yeah, IR for IR only is pretty worthless in a redraft.

Fleaflicker and MFL both allow you to customize the level to move to IR. I usually use Doubtful or Out for IR and don't allow Suspended.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.