FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 15:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 15:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 60795
Donate
Currently I have waivers to process on Wednesday nights at 10:00 (central). With games now being played on Thursdays for the remainder of the FF season, I'm considering moving this to Tuesdays at 9:00 (central). This allows more time for consideration of a pickup for a start being they are on rosters nearly 2 days as opposed to some 21 hours, of which most owners don't even check the waivers until Thursday morning so it's really more like 10 -12 hours.

Has/Does anyone adjust their waiver processing dates when Thursday night games are in full swing? It's really no biggie to leave it as is but I like to accommodate the owners.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 16:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4330
Donate
dal.gif
I thought of doing the same thing. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with it since it benefits everyone and is not in any way leaving anyone out. But...I'd still throw it out there to the league and get some feedback first. I think it makes perfect sense with games beginning on Thurs.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 17:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1013
Donate
nfllogo.gif
What's the rest of your process? Waivers once a week (other than drops) and then Free Agent FCFS?

I guess the first question is why you have them set to Wednesday nights in the first place? Most systems I know that have waivers start them overnight Tuesday into Wednesday. With that, I have never seen someone adjust the waiver processing once Thursday games become regular.

I think it's a reasonable change to make starting with next week as long as you announce it to your league

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 18:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
Definitely will place a message on the website homepage.

The reason I gave until Wed is to satisfy some owners schedule and keep waivers in line to accommodate them instead of processing them on Tuesday then everyone hawking FCFS, leaving super busy and traveling owners SOL.

Normal waivers. Worst to first request, processed then FCFS after Wed. night @10:00.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 18:14 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 972
Donate
You should discuss it with your league for sure but you should consider Tuesdays for good since I thought they are talking about having Thurs games all year after this year anyway. I have never liked the Wed waivers myself since Tuesday is just a wasted day...but thats me.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 22:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37746
Donate
car.gif
No. Unless you discussed this before the season I wouldn't be changing it now. I'm not even raising the topic in my main league. Someone will forget and feel screwed. You should have caught this a few weeks ago and planned appropriately.

Now its too late imo. Just state that you will be doing it NEXT YEAR if anyone asks.

It might be inconvenient, but its fair.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 11.16.2011, 22:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Agent575 wrote:
You should discuss it with your league for sure but you should consider Tuesdays for good since I thought they are talking about having Thurs games all year after this year anyway. I have never liked the Wed waivers myself since Tuesday is just a wasted day...but thats me.

Good luck.

For a lot of leagues you need to give owners a,little time to do things.

If they do year round Thursday games it should be addressed to see what league majority wants.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 11.17.2011, 22:45 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 972
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:

Good luck.

If they do year round Thursday games it should be addressed to see what league majority wants.

To those leagues I say "pfft" :lol:

To sentence number 2, I agree.

PostPosted: Thu 11.17.2011, 23:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Agent575 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:

Good luck.

I hear you, but there's a vast majority who simply don't have time to stay up until after MNF or rush home after work on Tuesdays to do a waiver wire.

PostPosted: Fri 11.18.2011, 10:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:

Good luck.

I hear you, but there's a vast majority who simply don't have time to stay up until after MNF or rush home after work on Tuesdays to do a waiver wire.

Yeah, there's consideration to be made for owners and their situations. That's for sure.

If/when the league does year round Thursday night games, I will adjust the waivers to process on Tuesdays at 5:00 pm.

PostPosted: Fri 11.18.2011, 10:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Agent575 wrote:

Good luck.

Yeah, there's consideration to be made for owners and their situations. That's for sure.

If/when the league does year round Thursday night games, I will adjust the waivers to process on Tuesdays at 5:00 pm.

Won't you have to at least give folks some time Tuesday evenings to review their rosters and try to make adjustments?

A lot of folks don't stay up until MNF ends and won't even get online before 5PM on Tuesdays.

PostPosted: Fri 11.18.2011, 12:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
WHO wrote:

Won't you have to at least give folks some time Tuesday evenings to review their rosters and try to make adjustments?

A lot of folks don't stay up until MNF ends and won't even get online before 5PM on Tuesdays.

Ok. How about 9:00 pm? That seems reasonable. Gives people time to get home and stare at the computer for 4 hours or so.

PostPosted: Fri 11.18.2011, 12:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
WHO wrote:

Ok. How about 9:00 pm? That seems reasonable. Gives people time to get home and stare at the computer for 4 hours or so.

Sounds good and will still allow some FCFS afterwards if people want. :thumbright:

As long as you've given everyone an opportunity to make some moves any whining can be fairly ignored.

PostPosted: Sat 11.19.2011, 20:33 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 432
Donate
My league resets waivers weekly to the inverse of overall ranking. I hate this method because I'm always picking last and getting stuck with the scraps. I would vote against any change that makes the waiver process easier. Even one that benefits everybody because the only shot I have at good players is if the other 11 owners are neglectful. I don't have an agenda to influence your decision either way, I just thought I'd share how I would vote.

PostPosted: Sun 11.20.2011, 08:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
james10011 wrote:
My league resets waivers weekly to the inverse of overall ranking. I hate this method because I'm always picking last and getting stuck with the scraps. I would vote against any change that makes the waiver process easier. Even one that benefits everybody because the only shot I have at good players is if the other 11 owners are neglectful. I don't have an agenda to influence your decision either way, I just thought I'd share how I would vote.

So you hate the current waivers but will vote against anything else?

How about just lobbing out to try not resetting the waiver wire next year? You'll eventually get to the top if the others are active. If they aren't then you'll get the guy you want dropping to you anyway.

It's a tough road to try to convince an existing league to completely scrap a system and change.