FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 04:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:16 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 653
Donate
no.gif
K so I'm in the championship and I'm playing a guy with Billy Cundiff as his kicker (who's been rumored to be out for this weekend with an injury). Is it slimy to add and drop all free agent kickers (after they get dropped they go on the WW for 2 days). This wouldn't allow him to have access to a kicker and it would obviously give me slightly better odds.

I have Nicks, Felix Jones, and Beanie all who are injured or have a tough matchup, so I'm looking for every advantage I can get!

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:18 

Sand$: 5246
Donate
sf.gif
RevoltingBlob wrote:
K so I'm in the championship and I'm playing a guy with Billy Cundiff as his kicker (who's been rumored to be out for this weekend with an injury). Is it slimy to add and drop all free agent kickers (after they get dropped they go on the WW for 2 days). This wouldn't allow him to have access to a kicker and it would obviously give me slightly better odds.

I have Nicks, Felix Jones, and Beanie all who are injured or have a tough matchup, so I'm looking for every advantage I can get!

Its slimy.....

Its called churning and a big no no

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16708
Donate
atl.gif
Didn't we have the same exact thread last week? This is why I prefer leagues that charge money for each WW move. It eliminates crap like this, and actually makes you think if you want to pick up a guy or not. Is it worth it? Plus it makes the pot bigger.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:22 
Tiger Shark

Donate
no.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Didn't we have the same exact thread last week? This is why I prefer leagues that charge money for each WW move. It eliminates crap like this, and actually makes you think if you want to pick up a guy or not. Is it worth it? Plus it makes the pot bigger.

I am in a league that charges money for each WW move, the guy I'm playing doesn't have any left! haha

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16708
Donate
atl.gif
RevoltingBlob wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

I am in a league that charges money for each WW move, the guy I'm playing doesn't have any left! haha

What? I mean actual money from your pocket. Not bidding with fake $.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:25 

Sand$: 40242
Donate
nyj.gif
Lundy Love wrote:
RevoltingBlob wrote:

Its slimy.....

x2

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13789
Donate
pit.gif
Thats a total b*tch move, if you ask me. If you were in my league, and I lost because of that, we would have words. Just sayin'

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4404
Donate
pit.gif
RevoltingBlob wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

I'd check, but most sites make you hold onto a guy for a day before putting him on waivers. If you add then drop right away, the guy is still available. If the guy has no money, why bother if he can't add. Still a pretty douchey move though.

Last edited by db45655 on Thu 12.22.2011, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:28 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 943
Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Lundy Love wrote:
RevoltingBlob wrote:

Its slimy.....

x2

In my league you have to actually keep the player for a day before he is put back on waivers.
If you drop them the same day they are a FA again.
So in this scenario (depending on bench space you could really only block him from 2-3 kickers)
We dropped our waiver time to 1 day to avoid these issues.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 20979
Donate
cle.gif
It's kinda neglectful the rules don't prevent churning, allowing dropped players, after the WW run,s to simply be in the available FA pool again. Still, churning is a phallic move.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4404
Donate
pit.gif
kris106 wrote:
Thats a total b*tch move, if you ask me. If you were in my league, and I lost because of that, we would have words. Just sayin'

You would have words. Reallly. If you were in my league and lost because you didn't take care of your roster, we would have words. (man I feel so tough now).

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6175
Donate
chi.gif
search function lol, jk but yeah this was already discussed... my feelings on the subject do not appease the morality police here. Although I think in a league with friends vs. a league with strangers or people you don't care about makes a big difference here in how you should act.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:55 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 364
Donate
nyg.gif
Our fantasy forefathers didn't anticipate these kinds of issues or they would have added that to the fantasy constitution. It should be the 1st ammendment to the constitution. Don't try to be underhanded and win at any cost. Play with honor and be proud of you skills not your slimyness.

Signed
The Moral Police

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 16:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13789
Donate
pit.gif
db45655 wrote:
kris106 wrote:

You would have words. Reallly. If you were in my league and lost because you didn't take care of your roster, we would have words. (man I feel so tough now).

Apparently then, our league would involve the exchange of many words. I do tend to tend to my rosters pretty carefully, though.

By the way, I wasn't posting to sound tough. I just think churning is a weasly move, and if someone in my league did it, I would let him know about it. It's not like I would fight him or anything.

PostPosted: Thu 12.22.2011, 17:25 
Tiger Shark

Donate
no.gif
I won't do it, just wanted everyone's opinion. I don't like cheating and would be pissed if I was on the other end of it. Its a league with my buddies, and the guy I'm playing (a good buddy) always talks smack so I'd love to beat his rump. Hes projected to school me ( he does legitimately have better players with easy matchups to boot! ). I'll just pray to Tebow (my QB) I guess!