FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.02.2014, 18:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pacquiao/Hatton
PostPosted: Tue 04.21.2009, 18:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 39034
Donate
chi.gif
Anyone else getting excited for this? I know Steeleserve must be. Gotta say I'm not a huge Pacman fan but I'll be rooting for him come May 2nd, mainly because of things like this:

Hatton slams Pacquiao credentials

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8011377.stm

Now I know there is the usual prefight trash talk to hype a fight, but to me it sounds like he generally believes this. Of course, the only good fighter the "Hitman" has ever beaten over the hills Tszyu and Castillo, and got his arse thoroughly beaten when fighting PBF, who also is the only man Hatton has ever fought who is in Pacman's class. Hatton talked a good game before the Floyd fight too, and I'm sure he and his fans will have plenty of excuses again as well. I'll say Manny P will win at just about the point Floyd did, 10th round KO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.30.2009, 18:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
Nobody? This may be the most hyped fight of the year!

Do have to say Hatton having Floyd Sr. as his trainer will help him a lot, although I doubt it will be enough to overcome the Pacman maybe he has learned how to box a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05.02.2009, 22:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
Wow that was much faster than anybody could have expected. Hatton is out cold. Completely exposed as a club fighter, again.

Hilarious watching Teddy Atlas on ESPNEWS trying to cover his arse fo picking Hatton.

Can't wait to here the Ricky apologists this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05.03.2009, 00:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6141
Donate
kc.gif
I watched the fight with my dad and his friend. I'm a Ricky Hatton fan and am very upset with the outcome of this fight, obviously. There is no excuse for why he got beat so badly. He showed absolutely ZERO defense. The KO punch was just absolutely astonishing.

If anyone recorded the fight, you should go back and look at Hatton as he's receiving that looping left hook. Pacquiao's wind up on that punch was so much, that it's hard to believe Hatton didn't see it coming. He actually closed his eyes in brace of the impact. What else is weird is that instead of Hatton's right glove moving up to protect his head, it actually goes down. He didn't even try to turn his head away from the punch.

My dad's friend thought the fight might have been fixed because of all of this. Especially considering the timing of Mayweather Jr. coming out of retirement. Could you think of a more perfect setup for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao? It's much more appealing than a rematch with Hatton. I don't want to think it was fixed. I'd rather like to believe that Mayweather Sr. is a horrible trainer. Who knows why the fight went the way it did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05.03.2009, 09:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
The fight went the way it did because Hatton really isn't that good, and I think his great fans now have to accept that. I like the guy because he's seemingly very down to Earth and good to his fans, but when he faces top competition in Vegas he is entirely outclassed, and I give him credit because for a long time it looked like he was just going to stay in England and fight chumps.

I do now think that Mayweather Sr. was a bad pick of a trainer because he tried to teach defense and some boxing to Hatton and obviously you just can't do that with a 30 year old who has so many bad habits already. He may have been better off just sticking with his old style, even though he pretty much did for most of this fight anyway. But you also can't blame Mayweather, Hatton wouldn't have won this fight regardless who was in his corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 05.04.2009, 08:47 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 955
Donate
ind.gif
Great Fight, Hatton was exposed for what he is again. Too slow, still doesnt move his head and just doesnt have enough technique.
After Mayweather wins his fight, which wont be easy , we will have a blockbuster. Mayweather vs Manny.

Other than that , I cant wait for the Clottey - Cotto fight. Should be a really good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 05.05.2009, 16:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6141
Donate
kc.gif
naptown112000 wrote:
Great Fight, Hatton was exposed for what he is again. Too slow, still doesnt move his head and just doesnt have enough technique.
After Mayweather wins his fight, which wont be easy , we will have a blockbuster. Mayweather vs Manny.

Other than that , I cant wait for the Clottey - Cotto fight. Should be a really good one.

I agree with that but I still don't remember Hatton or any other boxer for that matter, showing such a lack of defense. His fists were below his neck literally the whole 2 rounds he almost lasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05.10.2009, 01:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 46050
Donate
pit.gif
Z-Hawks wrote:
I watched the fight with my dad and his friend. I'm a Ricky Hatton fan and am very upset with the outcome of this fight, obviously. There is no excuse for why he got beat so badly. He showed absolutely ZERO defense. The KO punch was just absolutely astonishing.

If anyone recorded the fight, you should go back and look at Hatton as he's receiving that looping left hook. Pacquiao's wind up on that punch was so much, that it's hard to believe Hatton didn't see it coming. He actually closed his eyes in brace of the impact. What else is weird is that instead of Hatton's right glove moving up to protect his head, it actually goes down. He didn't even try to turn his head away from the punch.

My dad's friend thought the fight might have been fixed because of all of this. Especially considering the timing of Mayweather Jr. coming out of retirement. Could you think of a more perfect setup for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao? It's much more appealing than a rematch with Hatton. I don't want to think it was fixed. I'd rather like to believe that Mayweather Sr. is a horrible trainer. Who knows why the fight went the way it did?

Simply put, your dad's friend and anyone else who thinks it was fixed is an idiot. Jesus Christ, no one can just accept facts and the fact is, Pacquiao beat the living ish out of him. No, I repeat, no person agrees to take that type of punishment. He didn't just lose the fight, he almost left on a stretcher.

If Mays actually agrees to fight PacMan then I will be in Vegas for the fight.