FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 05:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 192  Next
PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 18:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15693
Donate
bal.gif
Fav moments from the rumble

Just loved that reversal

X-Men:Days of Future Past 9/10
Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
Godzilla 7/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7/10
How to Train your Dragon 2 9/10

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 19:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79179
Donate
i ordered the rumble

i am extremely disappointed with the direction wwe is going. it was a great 2 months but they have buried dolph ziggler, my favorite wrestler. he was crushed in the main event and did not really make up for it in the rumble. im really bitter.

and the return of HHH is just terrible. yelling loudly at people, calling them homos, and being a total jerk while getting cheered for it. he's arguably worse than john cena.

also the big show is terrible to watch. he's a lumbering fat oaf. as daniel bryan rightly points out, this is a place for athletes not genetic freaks...

ugh this is terrible. so terrible. ill watch tonight but if big johnny ace is not on the show anymore this is worthless. johnny ace is the most entertaining guy on the show and cm punk is being a total bi+ch about everything. whining about the calls after still winning - sore winner. this isnt fun...

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 19:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
I wouldn't really say they burried Ziggler,he has been on the top of his game lately (he has looked strong against punk and cena and even Orton in the past) ,even on the mic he has been nothing short than fantastic.Anyway after last nights match I can't see him going back to the midcard section again.

If he wasn't wrestling for the title he would have been my pick to win the royal rumble.

Also I'm not really sure what to make over Shamus winning,I like him but its just too soon.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 23:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13854
Donate
atl.gif
THE UNDERTAKER!!!

I had a feeling he was going to show up for The Rumble last night, would have been epic. Could have sworn he was coming out when the lights went out for one of the wrestler's entrances. I do actually think they may be setting Ziggler up for a step back. Don't quite get that.

PostPosted: Tue 01.31.2012, 10:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
I hated that HHH/taker segment ,I guess it means we have to go another couple of months listening to them give each other verbal blow jobs while burying the rest of the locker room at the same time. I noticed Kofi is in the elimination chamber,I'm guessing he has taken over Morrisons spot monkey role in the chamber.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Wed 02.01.2012, 00:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
In other new the WWE Channel is addicting. Might actually get me back into wrestling.

I watched Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, HHH, Rikishi, & The Undertaker battle it out @ Armageddon, Hell In A Cell. What a friging match!

Followed that up with some Trish Stratus v Stephanie McMahon @ some PPV. I'm still in love with Stephanie.

PostPosted: Tue 02.21.2012, 11:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
Im certainly no fan of Cena's but last night promo from him was one of the best Ive seen him do in a long long time,I really wish he could be more serious more often .

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 22:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
Kaleb.09 wrote:
Im certainly no fan of Cena's but last night promo from him was one of the best Ive seen him do in a long long time,I really wish he could be more serious more often .

WOW! The Rock is going to rip him apart. Nice cut by Cena but he just opened up a can of worms he wants no part of. I'm inclined to believe he actually does believe a little bit of what he is saying there. That's why it comes across well. Still not a fan of the angle Cena always takes that "The Rock left or bailed on wrestling." Not sure if he came up with that or the guys behind the curtain want him to push that angle. It just doesn't make much sense to me. Paid millions of dollars to make movies or paid millions of dollars to grind your bones down night in and night out with a ridiculously draining travel schedule. Easy choice.

If Cena does beat The Rock at Wrestlemania I'll be extremely pissed, especially after The Rock carries Cena's rump around the ring being a far superior wrestler. People seem to forget too that Rocky got it as bad as Cena. He was on the end of numerous Rocky Sucks chants throughout his career.

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 15:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

WOW! The Rock is going to rip him apart. Nice cut by Cena but he just opened up a can of worms he wants no part of. I'm inclined to believe he actually does believe a little bit of what he is saying there. That's why it comes across well. Still not a fan of the angle Cena always takes that "The Rock left or bailed on wrestling." Not sure if he came up with that or the guys behind the curtain want him to push that angle. It just doesn't make much sense to me. Paid millions of dollars to make movies or paid millions of dollars to grind your bones down night in and night out with a ridiculously draining travel schedule. Easy choice.

If Cena does beat The Rock at Wrestlemania I'll be extremely pissed, especially after The Rock carries Cena's rump around the ring being a far superior wrestler. People seem to forget too that Rocky got it as bad as Cena. He was on the end of numerous Rocky Sucks chants throughout his career.

aparently a lot of guys feel that way backstage, I know Orton and Punk have said some unfavourable things about The Rock.

Quote:
An anonymous WWE wrestler text PWInsider.com true non-scripted thoughts on The Rock/John Cena feud under the condition of anonymity.

"[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their rumps off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

Source:
pwinsider.com

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 16:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
^ I do think also that some of it is jealously. The Rock was part of one of the more golden eras of wrestling, he put in his work, it wasn't just handed to him on a silver platter. His father made sure of that. He never lost his audience, all you have to do is watch the fans reaction every time he steps into the ring or grabs the mic. Wasn't known as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment for nothing. It shouldn't be The Rock's job to make anyone better, it should be the wrestlers jobs to feed off of his greatness. The same way Stone Cold and the Rock fed off of each other all those years.

I'm not saying the Rock isn't there for himself. I know he isn't there to remain permanent and I know for a damn fact he doesn't want to shoulder the entire load of the company which is what he would be asked to do if he made a commitment to come back. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Rock didn't come crawling back to the WWE, the WWE came to the Rock. If anything that should want to make everyone on the roster get better because it's basically saying this talent pool is so weak, we have to bring back a great from a past era just to garner enough interest because simply put this is not a golden era for wrestling. It's extremely weak. Hell if CM Punk never got the push he did the WWE would be lost.

The tone coming across is that some wrestlers feel like the Rock owes something to wrestling. He doesn't. He gave so much to the sport. He's one of the greats. He paved a nice little road along with some other former greats and these guys who have came along have done nothing but frig it up. Doesn't all fall on the wrestlers though, falls on the writers and the guys behind the scenes too. Also when they decided to PG wrestling down it was an awful mistake.

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 16:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
^ I do think also that some of it is jealously. The Rock was part of one of the more golden eras of wrestling, he put in his work, it wasn't just handed to him on a silver platter. His father made sure of that. He never lost his audience, all you have to do is watch the fans reaction every time he steps into the ring or grabs the mic. Wasn't known as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment for nothing. It shouldn't be The Rock's job to make anyone better, it should be the wrestlers jobs to feed off of his greatness. The same way Stone Cold and the Rock fed off of each other all those years.

I'm not saying the Rock isn't there for himself. I know he isn't there to remain permanent and I know for a damn fact he doesn't want to shoulder the entire load of the company which is what he would be asked to do if he made a commitment to come back. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Rock didn't come crawling back to the WWE, the WWE came to the Rock. If anything that should want to make everyone on the roster get better because it's basically saying this talent pool is so weak, we have to bring back a great from a past era just to garner enough interest because simply put this is not a golden era for wrestling. It's extremely weak. Hell if CM Punk never got the push he did the WWE would be lost.

The tone coming across is that some wrestlers feel like the Rock owes something to wrestling. He doesn't. He gave so much to the sport. He's one of the greats. He paved a nice little road along with some other former greats and these guys who have came along have done nothing but frig it up. Doesn't all fall on the wrestlers though, falls on the writers and the guys behind the scenes too. Also when they decided to PG wrestling down it was an awful mistake.

this guy basically nails it

some of them just cant seem to understand that the wwe has become an entertainment first and a wrestling company second.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 17:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
Yea he definitely hit the nail on the head there.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 01:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
And in typical Rock fashion he completely owned Cena tonight punching holes in everything he said last week (and he wasn't even on his A game) The only time Cena got the Rock were "the wrist notes" which were obvious kayfabe. I cannot believe the Rock agreed to what they call in the business "a work" to finally give Cena some kind of victory in their exchanges. Especially something of that nature. The Rock using notes on his wrist. :lol: I just hope people don't start believing that, but some are from what I'm reading. Amateur wrestling fans. Of course it makes some sense, they had to throw John a bone to try and let him win one of these exchanges with The Rock because he just isn't on his level in any shape or form. I will say though that it's been quite some time since I've seen a feud or series of events that did make you question what was real and what was fake. That's what great wrestling entertainment is all about.

I do fear the WWE is going to play that tired and boring "passing of the torch" angle at Wrestlemania. Cena wins, Rock shakes his hand, close curtain. YAWN!!!

And this article basically proves everything I said. It's pretty bad when your franchise wrestler has to be thrown bones like that. Just proves he shouldn't be carrying the load on any level.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/2/22/ ... estlemania

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 12:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
Quote:
JBL Comments on The Rock's Backstage Heat and Chris Jericho Returning

Posted by Marc Middleton on 02/28/2012
- Former WWE Champion JBL took to his Facebook page this morning and commented on recent reports about The Rock and Chris Jericho returning.

Heat on The Rock:

"I hear the resentment/jealousy of the Rock backstage and I quite frankly don't believe it. Four of the world's biggest superstars in Cena, Rock, Undertaker and Triple H will headline WM-this is huge for WWE and the business-guys should be dying to be on this card and my guess is they are. It's very simple to those who do have any problem with it, if there is anyone truly that does-replace them and there won't be a spot for them. Until then just say 'thanks!'"

Chris Jericho:
"There is a reason why Jericho and others can always come back-they earned that right and they still draw. Shawn Michaels does as well. CM Punk and John Cena earned the right to be on top. If these guys ever quit drawing then they know it's time to hang it up-that hasn't happened yet, and I hope it won't. Piper and Diesel ares guys who still draw interest and create buzz. Shows how great these guys are that they still create interest-it's Darwinian, once they stop or are replaced then you won't see them anymore. Batista would draw if he decides to return."

- There was high praise for CM Punk and Chris Jericho after their segment on last night's RAW Supershow. Here are some comments:

Jim Ross: "It's going to be hard for anyone to follow the pure wrestling match that @CMPunk & @IAmJericho will have at WM28 Trust me on that"

Bret Hart: "That was probably the best promo I've seen in months & I'm not saying that bc of the shoutout. Punk & Jericho were on the top of their game"

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho commented:

"And THAT is how you prove a point.... @CMPunk #raw"

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 16:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 494
Donate
pit.gif
Cena/Rock means nothing to me. Rock is there to do above-average promos to not bury Cena and will put him over at WM. Cena's character is completely stale. Hopefully a heel turn for Cena given how over Punk is as a face.

Punk/Jericho looks like absolute gold after their promo last night. Punk still seems slightly awkward as a pure face, but he got a little edge going with Jericho half way through. Love it. #1 match at WM for me, easily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 192  Next