FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.30.2014, 14:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 05.28.2009, 07:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53854
Donate
ari.gif
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... s0528.html

Quote:
When news broke that receiver Anquan Boldin had dismissed agent Drew Rosenhaus and was seeking new representation, Cardinals fans hoped it would lead to a breakthrough.

It might be wishful thinking.

Boldin, who has been at odds with the team regarding his contract and had expressed a desire to be traded, did not attend Wednesday's voluntary organized team activities at the club's Tempe training facility, and coach Ken Whisenhunt said it was unclear whether anything has changed.

"I know from our perspective . . . nothing has changed," Whisenhunt said. "We're a much better football team with Anquan than we are without him, and we have a high regard for him. So nothing has changed from that perspective."

Question is, has anything changed from Boldin's perspective? Until he hires his new representation, the Cardinals aren't likely to know the answer. Whisenhunt said agent changes are just part of the NFL.

"You see that happen in this business, so I can't say I was surprised," he said. "But that was really more about what Anquan thought was best for him, I would guess.

"You'd have to discuss that with him."

There was speculation by some that Boldin might attend Wednesday's workout. The NFL Network even dispatched a crew just in case.

Asked whether he hoped Boldin might appear, Whisenhunt said: "I'm hopeful that everybody shows up every day, but once again, this is not mandatory. This is voluntary, and I'm very pleased we have such a large turnout."

Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and defensive end Bertrand Berry also did not participate Wednesday.

Quarterback Kurt Warner said the team's veterans are trying to lead by example in attending the workouts, but he doesn't take issue with players in contract disputes sitting them out.

"We're behind those guys," he said. "Those guys are our teammates. We want them to get something done. And we know as soon as that happens and that stuff is solidified, they'll be out here with us and they want to be out here with us.

"That's part of the business we understand. You don't get mad at guys in those situations. (But) you don't want guys staying home because they don't want to be here and don't have a reason not to be here."