Are Falcons in Elam's future?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 80308
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004
Sand$: 63,882.52
If proximity counts, Jason Elam is closer to becoming a Falcon than he is a Bronco. Way closer. Elam, the Broncos' kicker the past 15 seasons, is in Atlanta visiting with the Falcons. "We'll see what transpires," said Jack Reale, Elam's agent. The Broncos are standing firm on the three-year offer they believe is comparable to, if not better than, the current deals of other aging kickers. Elam may be 38, but there is evidence he is not a typical aging kicker. His four walk-off, game-winning kicks last year were the most by an NFL kicker since 1990, and he finished the season by making his last 15 field-goal attempts. Should Elam sign with his hometown Falcons, Matt Prater would get the first chance to become the Broncos' new kicker.

Denver Post
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006
Sand$: 1,099.00
At 38, Elam is decade's younger than our current kicker.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21655
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003
Sand$: 4,618.86
Armchair Daddy wrote:At 38, Elam is decade's younger than our current kicker.


yep :lol:
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 24,313.12
dznutz88 wrote:Should Elam sign with his hometown Falcons, Matt Prater would get the first chance to become the Broncos' new kicker.

Denver Post


Would this be the tattooed wannabe-bad-a$$ Prater who we just cut last year after 2 games to call Morten Anderson back out of retirement?
Good luck getting HIM to hit any field goals in the mile high weather. Sumbisch couldn't even kick in the Dome! :roll: Hell, I'll take that trade.

Oh, and how bout the irony that Elam would be bringing his Super Bowl ring from beating his home team... back to his home team!!!?!?!? :lol:
_______________________________________

2010 NFL Challenge Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21655
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003
Sand$: 4,618.86
Deal done, you gotta like this if you are a Falcons fan.
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24934
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,546.50
TheNewGuy wrote:
dznutz88 wrote:Should Elam sign with his hometown Falcons, Matt Prater would get the first chance to become the Broncos' new kicker.

Denver Post


Would this be the tattooed wannabe-bad-a$$ Prater who we just cut last year after 2 games to call Morten Anderson back out of retirement?
Good luck getting HIM to hit any field goals in the mile high weather. Sumbisch couldn't even kick in the Dome! :roll: Hell, I'll take that trade.

Oh, and how bout the irony that Elam would be bringing his Super Bowl ring from beating his home team... back to his home team!!!?!?!? :lol:


I saw Prater, if that's him in Week 2 @ Jacksonville. What a joke. He missed 2 chippies.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 24,313.12
bohern wrote:Deal done, you gotta like this if you are a Falcons fan.


Bleh... kickers don't matter anyway! :lol:

But seriously, yes. Certainly can't be unhappy about it anyway.
And 4 yrs/ 9 mill. I'd say we shouldn't have to worry about this position for a while.

Not to over think the kicker situation, but anyone know if we will be keeping Koenen for kickoffs and Elam strictly for FGs?
_______________________________________

2010 NFL Challenge Champion
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9510
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 24,313.12
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:
dznutz88 wrote:Should Elam sign with his hometown Falcons, Matt Prater would get the first chance to become the Broncos' new kicker.

Denver Post


Would this be the tattooed wannabe-bad-a$$ Prater who we just cut last year after 2 games to call Morten Anderson back out of retirement?
Good luck getting HIM to hit any field goals in the mile high weather. Sumbisch couldn't even kick in the Dome! :roll: Hell, I'll take that trade.

Oh, and how bout the irony that Elam would be bringing his Super Bowl ring from beating his home team... back to his home team!!!?!?!? :lol:


I saw Prater, if that's him in Week 2 @ Jacksonville. What a joke. He missed 2 chippies.


Yeah, he was 1-4 in 1st 2 games before we cut him.

I just remember the announcers either in pre-season or one of those 1st 2 games making fun of him for having his arms all tatted up like a DL.
They were like "Dude ... You're a fokkin' kicker!" :lol:
_______________________________________

2010 NFL Challenge Champion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest