Strategy for next year...

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 821.00
...trade Johnson and fix the o-line, find a way to get Suh in the draft, bring back Martz to run the offense.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 749.00
Move down to NCAA Division II.

If a member here can tell me to F off and I am the only one who gets a warning when I tell him to grow up, then I have better places to be than here.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 38,105.20
two worthless posts.

here's a much more sound strategy:

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/201 ... _find.html

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Tiger Shark
e-z

Sure, they should try to trade down, I agree, good luck to them in doing that, but will it actually happen? In that article they talk about it being a very deep draft class, which is why the Lions should move down (along with saving a bunch of $ they'd have to pay the #2 pick), but precisely because it's such a deep class with no standout #1 franchise QB and all the salary arguments he makes, is the EXACT reason it will be difficult to trade down, unless they basically give the #2 away to avoid the money hit.

So, if they can't trade down to get more picks to shore up all the gaps they have, they need to find a way to get high quality players outside of the draft, so either free agency or trade away a player other teams would pay a lot for. Who do the Lions have that other teams would actually want? Calvin Johnson. Outside of him is there anybody?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 38,105.20
trading away one of the best offensive weapons in the league makes no sense whatsoever. unless it's a hershel walker type of deal, which no one is stupid enough to do, then it just isn't a smart move. when you get players like calvin johnson you build a team around that player, you don't trade them away for more lesser players.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Tiger Shark
hmmmm.......maybe an o-line would help. or just not sackus.