FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 03:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 2012 season
PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 23:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1129
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers and free agent C Scott Wells will likely part ways this offseason.

The Packers have reportedly low-balled Wells based on their perception of his market value as an undersized, 31-year-old, zone-blocking center. Green Bay's center since 2004, Wells made his first Pro Bowl in 2011 and has 46 straight starts. GM Ted Thompson is likely playing his cards right -- as usual -- but it's still a bit surprising that the Packers view Wells as so low a priority. The lone in-house replacement would be Evan Dietrich-Smith (three career starts).
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Feb 20 - 11:12 PM

Not sure I like the looks of this...

PostPosted: Sat 03.17.2012, 09:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Rams agreed to terms with C Scott Wells, formerly of the Packers.

In a surprising move, Jeff Fisher managed to steal Wells away from the coach's former team and the player's home town. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggested early in the day that Wells' preference was Tennessee, and his camp was merely using the Rams for leverage. A top-10 center in each of the two years, according to Pro Football Focus, the 31-year-old Wells is a fine start to a rebuilt offensive line.
Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter Mar 16 - 7:15 PM

PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 12:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers agreed to terms with C Jeff Saturday, formerly of the Colts.

Saturday is choosing the best chance at a ring over a reunion with Peyton Manning. The Broncos will move forward with J.D. Walton while the Titans may have to take a look at former Eagles center Jamaal Jackson. By way of Pro Football Focus' ratings, Saturday and the man he's replacing, Scott Wells, were both top-five NFL centers in 2011. The 37-year-old Saturday was easily the best interior lineman left on the market.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 23 - 12:17 PM

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 10:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy "(feels) good" about 2011 third-round pick Alex Green's (torn ACL) recovery.

"Alex looks really good," McCarthy said this week. "Just seeing him in the weight room every day, he looks like he's really progressing." Five months removed from his injury, Green could be ready for training camp if he's able to avoid setbacks. With little depth behind James Starks and Green, there's a good chance the Pack will use one of their 12 draft picks on a running back.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Mar 31 - 10:25 AM

PostPosted: Sat 03.31.2012, 10:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy isn't ruling out OT Derek Sherrod (broken leg) for training camp.

"(Sherrod's) there (at the facility) every day," McCarthy said. "He looks better every time I see him. They're projecting probably training camp, so we'll know more when we get to OTAs. Hopefully, he can get out there in June and do something." It's been suggested Green Bay's 2011 first-round pick might not play at all in 2012, but that appears to be an overly gloomy prognosis. However, he is a candidate to begin the year on the PUP list.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Mar 31 - 10:18 AM

PostPosted: Sun 04.01.2012, 09:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Although the Packers plan to select a development quarterback late in the draft, coach Mike McCarthy has "high hopes" for Graham Harrell.

After McCarthy touted Harrell as the backup of the future in training camp last August, the Packers more than doubled his practice squad salary. The team went on to promote Harrell to the 53-man roster in December to prevent the Bills from poaching him. The former Texas Tech star is slated to replace Matt Flynn as Aaron Rodgers' primary backup.
Source: National Football Post Apr 1 - 9:04 AM

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 09:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers FS Nick Collins (neck surgery), "bouncing off the walls" in anticipation of returning to the NFL, is expected to push coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson to play if he's given the green light from doctors later this month.

McCarthy has made it clear that all parties involved must be in agreement for Collins to return to the Packers. According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, not a single cervical fusion has failed among all NFL players to undergo the procedure. After a 20-year study of NFL players, assistant professor of spine surgery at Northwestern University Wellington Hsu downplays the risks and insists Collins can play "at a high level" again. This is most positive outlook we've seen on Collins' football future.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Apr 11 - 9:01 AM

PostPosted: Sat 04.21.2012, 08:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Patriots hosted free agent RBs Ryan Grant, Joseph Addai, and Tim Hightower at team headquarters on Friday.

Perhaps the Pats aren't ready to ride Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead as their primary backs after all. Grant is 29, isn't a receiver out of the backfield and has no speed left, but the Patriots have taken low-risk gambles like this before. Hightower was acting as the Redskins' lead back last season before tearing his ACL in Week 7. Addai was cut by the Colts on March 9.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Apr 20 - 4:08 PM

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 12:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers released/failed physical LT Chad Clifton.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it's "uncertain" whether Clifton will play again after February back surgery, though he was present for the beginning of the Packers' offseason program last week. He was reportedly feeling "much better." The move clears roughly $5.7 million in cap space. Clifton was limited to six games by hamstring and back injuries last season, and was benched for ineffectiveness in the Divisional Round loss to the Giants. He made 160 starts for the Pack since being a second-round pick in 2000. Marshall Newhouse will be the heavy favorite to replace Clifton on Aaron Rodgers' blind side.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Apr 23 - 11:24 AM

So good for so long, thanks Chad for all you've done...
=D>

PostPosted: Mon 05.14.2012, 14:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Packers hope to develop second-year C Sampson Genus into Jeff Saturday's eventual successor.

Saturday is locked in as the 2012 starter, but he's 37 and not long for the league. Genus, a UDFA out of South Florida last year, is built low at 6-foot-1, 317 and "looks like a block of concrete on legs." A former college defensive tackle, Genus will likely be a game-day inactive for most of this season.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel May 14 - 2:20 PM

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 11:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Packers have agreed to a restructured contract with Donald Driver.

"We have agreed to terms with the Packers but need to review it tomorrow to finalize," said Driver's agent. Driver himself tweeted, "When I said I will be a Packer for life. It is now true. Packer for life." Driver was never going to return at his scheduled $4.3 million in salary and bonuses, so a revised contract was necessary. While the deal makes sense for a Packers legend, Driver may block second-year receiver Randall Cobb from taking on a significant offensive role.
Source: Lance Allan on Twitter May 29 - 11:26 PM

PostPosted: Tue 06.12.2012, 21:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
With free agent Ryan Grant out of the backfield picture, the Packers are committed to James Starks as their lead back.

Just as he did in OTAs, Starks handled first-team reps in Tuesday's minicamp session. "He's a young raw guy that needs to play," said coach Mike McCarthy. "If he can stay healthy, I think he'll make a significant jump as a player." For the primary back in an explosive offense, Starks has received surprisingly little buzz this offseason. He's well worth the price tag at his current late-sixth round ADP.
Source: ESPN.com Jun 12 - 7:04 PM

PostPosted: Wed 06.13.2012, 23:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
According to the Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein, "rumors started circulating around league circles" that the Packers are willing to trade James Jones.

We've found Zierlein to be a plugged-in and reliable voice, and we wouldn't doubt for a second that Jones would be available at the right price. The Packers are loaded at wide receiver. Jones is due a 2012 base salary of $2.3 million with a $200,000 roster bonus, so the monetary cost isn't prohibitive. Zierlein suggests the 28-year-old Jones as a target for the receiver-shorthanded Texans.
Source: Houston Chronicle Jun 13 - 3:23 PM

PostPosted: Thu 07.26.2012, 11:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Charles Woodson opened Packers training camp Thursday lined up at strong safety in the base defense.

When the Packers played nickel defense, M.D. Jennings entered the lineup at safety and Woodson dropped down to cover the slot receiver. Woodson has been amenable to the position switch, and Charlie Peprah's Wednesday release opened up strong safety for the 35-year-old to take over. Woodson will continue to play all over the formation, but he'll see lots more safety snaps in 2012.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Jul 26 - 10:13 AM

PostPosted: Fri 08.03.2012, 09:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
James Starks is off to a very slow start at Packers camp.

Veteran beat writer Bob McGinn ripped into the starting running back following Thursday's practice. "Starks hasn't made strides as a pass blocker or ball carrier," McGinn wrote. "He just doesn't carry himself like a reliable, top-flight player." McGinn goes on to say that Alex Green, whose reps have been limited as he comes off knee surgery, has been the more dynamic runner. Starks did impress coaches in the offseason, so we're not jumping ship just yet.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Aug 3 - 9:46 AM

C'mon James. We need you to step it up.

Can you just imagine this offense with any kind of effective ground game?

:buzzsaw: