FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 18:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 12:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 626
Donate
gb.gif
So Packers homers who want to help me, please do. Any input is appreciated. I'd like to get this started now so I can send a few picks in to Lundy as I have class sporadically throughout the day. Some people I can see us taking:

Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Jerod Mayo
Dan Connor

Personally I like Cason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 12:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 44776
Donate
chi.gif
BOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry. Bad habits die hard..... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 12:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
BOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry. Bad habits die hard..... :P

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15637
Donate
gb.gif
I am a fan of Cason...I have been reading some really good things about him today so I think my vote is going that direction!

PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
powerhousebum wrote:
So Packers homers who want to help me, please do. Any input is appreciated. I'd like to get this started now so I can send a few picks in to Lundy as I have class sporadically throughout the day. Some people I can see us taking:

Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Jerod Mayo
Dan Connor

Personally I like Cason.

Talib and Mayo are both gone right now too so they really aren't options for us right now.

That leaves Conner and Cason. I really don't think LB is enough of a need for us to pass up on a very qualified CB like Cason. I am going to do some more looking to see if there is anyone we are missing out on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
trevorr77 wrote:
I am a fan of Cason...I have been reading some really good things about him today so I think my vote is going that direction!

Sounds good.

If you want to write the selection thats cool by me, but I already sent in a couple of typed up selections to Lundy in case one of us isn't here when our pick comes up. Anybody else you could see us taking...an OT,DE,TE, etc...

PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
trevorr77 wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:

Aqib Talib
Antoine Cason
Jerod Mayo
Dan Connor

Personally I like Cason.

Talib and Mayo are both gone right now too so they really aren't options for us right now.

That leaves Conner and Cason. I really don't think LB is enough of a need for us to pass up on a very qualified CB like Cason. I am going to do some more looking to see if there is anyone we are missing out on.

I just threw out some names, I like Cason, wouldn't mind a tackle, even maybe a safety or DE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
We could shock the world and go TE in the first round and go after Dustin Keller OR even OL and find us a replacement for our aging tackles. I don't know who is for sure left at OT though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 16:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
CB: Cason or Flowers
S: Kenny Phillips (its possible, but I think we should give our young guys another year to grow into these positions)
TE: forgot his name already
OT: who's still around.

I say if Cason makes it to us we go that direction...I didn't think he'd slide as far as he has. Personally I think CB is the BIGGEST need by far on this team as we are one injury from being in a LOT of trouble. The dropoff from 1/2 to number 3 is so huge it could collapse our entire D. We NEED someone who can step in and play the #3 spot and fill in for those two if something happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 17:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
trevorr77 wrote:
S: Kenny Phillips (its possible, but I think we should give our young guys another year to grow into these positions)

I say if Cason makes it to us we go that direction...I didn't think he'd slide as far as he has. Personally I think CB is the BIGGEST need by far on this team as we are one injury from being in a LOT of trouble. The dropoff from 1/2 to number 3 is so huge it could collapse our entire D. We NEED someone who can step in and play the #3 spot and fill in for those two if something happens.

Agreed, if Cason is there he will be picked then. If not then reconvene in here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 17:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
BTW, Checo already selected Phillips for the texans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 17:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
powerhousebum wrote:
trevorr77 wrote:

Agreed, if Cason is there he will be picked then. If not then reconvene in here.

He'll be there. But IMO he's not worth picking in the first round. Probably none of the OTs are who are left either.

You're in a tough spot. You could reach for Cason, but he's a Cover 2 DB, and doesn't really fit the scheme. It'd be a big reach for a guy that doesn't fit.

They could reach for a backup QB if they're high on anyone, but I don't think you're getting value there either.

I think since they don't have many needs, GB might just go best player available, which would be Calais Campbell, Philip Merling, or DeSean Jackson.

None of them are needs, but anyone else would be a stretch.

Just my $.02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 18:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Merling went at 17 to Vikings

I don't know what the right call is...back to painting. hmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 19:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
trevorr77 wrote:

He'll be there. But IMO he's not worth picking in the first round. Probably none of the OTs are who are left either.

You're in a tough spot. You could reach for Cason, but he's a Cover 2 DB, and doesn't really fit the scheme. It'd be a big reach for a guy that doesn't fit.

They could reach for a backup QB if they're high on anyone, but I don't think you're getting value there either.

I think since they don't have many needs, GB might just go best player available, which would be Calais Campbell, Philip Merling, or DeSean Jackson.

None of them are needs, but anyone else would be a stretch.

Just my $.02.

I was pretty sure he was a man corner....Am I thinking of someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 04.15.2008, 20:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
trevorr77 wrote:
Merling went at 17 to Vikings

I don't know what the right call is...back to painting. hmmm

:oops: