FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 21:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Andre Johnson news???
PostPosted: Sat 06.21.2008, 17:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15238
Donate
no.gif
Texans homers...

Anyone have any news on how AJ is doing with the knee?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06.25.2008, 16:28 

Sand$: 3679
Donate
hou.gif
Everyone says he should be ready for preseason. I'd rate him highly. I'm a homer, but still...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06.26.2008, 07:46 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1099
Donate
atl.gif
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Everyone says he should be ready for preseason. I'd rate him highly. I'm a homer, but still...

Homer or not, I'm ranking him highly too. He may be available in my 3 player keeper league, and I'll be giddy to pair him with Braylon Edwards.

What's the running back and offensive line situation look like so far?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06.26.2008, 12:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36594
Donate
hou.gif
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:

what he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06.26.2008, 14:46 

Sand$: 3679
Donate
hou.gif
Armchair Daddy wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:

Homer or not, I'm ranking him highly too. He may be available in my 3 player keeper league, and I'll be giddy to pair him with Braylon Edwards.

Running Back is a deep crew...someone's bound to get cut.

Ahman Green, Chris Brown and Steve Slaton are all probably staying put. The cut will be either Darius Walker, who was pretty good at times last season, or Chris Taylor, who sat on the IR after a knee injury in preseason.

Offensive line: Rookie Duane Brown will probably have some growing pains. Center Chris Myers comes over from Denver. Alex Gibbs is coaching the O-Line, which bodes better for the Running game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06.26.2008, 16:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Armchair Daddy wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:

Running Back is a deep crew...someone's bound to get cut.

Ahman Green, Chris Brown and Steve Slaton are all probably staying put. The cut will be either Darius Walker, who was pretty good at times last season, or Chris Taylor, who sat on the IR after a knee injury in preseason.

Offensive line: Rookie Duane Brown will probably have some growing pains. Center Chris Myers comes over from Denver. Alex Gibbs is coaching the O-Line, which bodes better for the Running game.

Again, I agree with Stank's assessment overall, however, I am still not convinced Ahman Green will be on our roster. He is owed $3.8 million this coming year in salary if he makes the roster, and I don't see him making the club and letting one of the young guys Texans management likes. At his age I don't see him contributing at a level worthy of that salary and significantly better than the youth on the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06.27.2008, 12:26 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1099
Donate
atl.gif
If Green gets cut, do you think Walker will get the majority of work, with Slaton coming in as a change-of-pace, or will it be the dreaded RBBC?

I'm very familiar with Alex Gibbs ability to help a running game. He made our very average (and I'm being kind) look pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06.27.2008, 14:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
Armchair Daddy wrote:
If Green gets cut, do you think Walker will get the majority of work, with Slaton coming in as a change-of-pace, or will it be the dreaded RBBC?

I'm very familiar with Alex Gibbs ability to help a running game. He made our very average (and I'm being kind) look pretty good.

I am just wildly speculating about Green getting cut at this point, but there are 3.8 million reasons why I think he might.

If Green gets cut, I think Chris Brown will be the starter with Slaton getting 3rd down carries. Walker and Taylor would be fighting for the 3rd back on the roster and are valuable when Chris Brown gets hurt at some point this year....

Of course, all of this is based on my speculation of which I have heard nothing from the media except that Ahman Green is going to be the starter. I just think after camp works itself out, the Texans have a lot of reasons to go with the youth here versus the overpaid old man who doesn't have hardly any gas left in the tank.