FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.01.2014, 07:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 09.21.2009, 10:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 118179
Donate
min.gif
I get the feeling we haven't come close to the potential yet.. early in the season yet. Really need to address the blitz pick-ups and holding steady up front - both Loadholt and Malox have been allowing themselves to get pushed back too often w/o holding their ground/keeping lower and using what god gave 'em.

Started the games pretty slow offensively too.. Half thought that we should spread 'em out from the first play and use the quick short routes to get things loose. Coming out of the gate with a few fast punches to the mouth would be nice to see for a change-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.21.2009, 12:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55267
Donate
min.gif
I think if we play like this against SF, we'll lose. Detroit and Cleveland are two of the worst teams in the NFL and we didn't show up for either game (despite winning them both). Gotta start the game out better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.21.2009, 19:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Listening to PA this morning, he said he thinks it's hard for them to gear up for a game in environments like Cleveland and Detroit. 2 stadiums where nobody is really excited for the game, and the crowd is dis-interested. Even though it seemed like the Lions fans were into it when they started winning.

I buy into this, and I think they will come out and start strong in the dome, which will be very loud on Sunday. I fully expect us to be 3-0 with a convincing victory.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.22.2009, 06:40 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Yeah, starting on the road at these 2 places doesn't really bode well for initial spark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09.23.2009, 00:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22402
Donate
min.gif
QB- Favre is doing exactly what I wanted him to do. He realizes this is ADP's team and he just can't make costly mistakes.

RB- AD could go down as the greatest ever to play. His run against Clev was sick and I honestly don't know how many gears this huy has. It seems like he has an extra gear when he smells the endzone. Chester Taylor looks different this year. Can't put my finger on it but he seems slower. Maybe it's from seeing Peterson run that anyone would look slow..... I don't want to see Tahi in the game anymore

WR's- I can't wait for Berrian to fully recover. I was one that did not like the Harvin pick, but this kid (if he keeps his head on) will be a legit superstar. S. Rice is average still.

TE's- Please don't throw it to Kleinsasser anymore :lol:

OL- This is the area that concerns me the most. The line has to be able to pick up blitzes better especially the ones that come up the middle. McKinnie and Hutch are having great years and I am glad McKinnie is finally carrying his weight on this team. Loadholt is going to be our tackle for many years and I am willing to be patient with him because he will struggle some this year, but in the long run he will get better. The jury is still out on Sullivan.

DL- the best in the game. Allen is getting tripled teamed and his sacks will come. K. Williams has started the year very strong and Fat Pat is still one of my favorites!

LB's- You can tell EJ is back because Greenway and Leber are playing better.

DB's- pretty solid play so far but they have only played teams with one star WR and I am curious how they will do against teams that have more than one option on offense.

schedule- sure we played bad teams, but we played them on the road and I will take 2 road victories to start the season regardless of the opponents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09.23.2009, 10:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
CBSux wrote:
TE's- Please don't throw it to Kleinsasser anymore :lol:

[-o< :lol: :lol:

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09.23.2009, 11:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
:lol:

What?.. Jimmy's the best 'Tackle eligible' in the league.. kind of a secret weapon! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09.26.2009, 02:35 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 638
Donate
min.gif
I know the Vikes haven't really started off with a ton of "wow factor" and yes they need to work on some things as mentioned ^^ blitz pickups, Oline protection etc. but besides the Vikes, the Saints are the only other team to beat there first 2 week opponents by 14 or more. Winning 2 road games to start the season is HUGE imo and I think this team will start to "mesh" as the season continues, we need a big win at home this weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09.26.2009, 20:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
MNgambler wrote:
I know the Vikes haven't really started off with a ton of "wow factor" and yes they need to work on some things as mentioned ^^ blitz pickups, Oline protection etc. but besides the Vikes, the Saints are the only other team to beat there first 2 week opponents by 14 or more. Winning 2 road games to start the season is HUGE imo and I think this team will start to "mesh" as the season continues, we need a big win at home this weekend

You have the wrong logo in the bottom left, there :wink:

-Herb Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.28.2009, 08:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18245
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
I don't know about you guy's but i'll take the ugly win the great win , the ehh win, the beautiful win's.

That game was awesome. I got such a game hang over it ain't funny.

I am wowed. Chilly actually looks like a coach.

Might not have been the most pretty game against the 9er's but 3-0 feels good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.28.2009, 11:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
That was fantastic, I don't care about the situation we were in and weather we should or shouldn't have been in it.

When was the last time the Vikings have done something like THAT?!?!?! :D 8) :shock: :lol:

-Herb Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.28.2009, 12:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
I'll take it! Really wish I could comment on the game.. getting stuck with the Packer game was painful.

However my parents live out in the middle of no where and have a dish.. Dad DVR'd the game for me and planned on heading over there last night to watch it but, I had a few too many beverages to get in the truck and turn the key..going over for a double header tonight though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.28.2009, 12:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
That was fantastic, I don't care about the situation we were in and weather we should or shouldn't have been in it.

When was the last time the Vikings have done something like THAT?!?!?! :D 8) :shock: :lol:

been way too long!