FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 19:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 01.31.2008, 15:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
Chargers GM A.J. Smith does not regret the Eli Manning trade. Not for a minute. "I'm not the least bit depressed," Smith says. "We've moved on. Eli is a marquee player, and he was a marquee player coming out of college. "I said at the time that those three (Rivers, Manning and Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger) were the top three quarterbacks. I never ranked those three. Everyone else ranked them for me. I always thought they would be special. One has a Super Bowl ring (Roethlisberger), one is there now, and we feel good about where we're headed with Philip." -- San Diego Union-Tribune

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 01.31.2008, 15:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
Was agent behind Eli Manning trade to Giants?

I still believe the Chargers trade of Eli Manning was agent-driven by Tom Condon, Manning's representative. No one will admit it. "We made the deal," Giants owner John Mara said. "There is no looking back. He's the guy here. But, until he wins a Super Bowl, I guess people will say we gave up much too much for him. Our philosophy is that if you have a chance to get a guy, to get a franchise quarterback, you pull the trigger." Think about it. Head coach Marty Schottenheimer's agent? Tom Condon. Chargers quarterback Drew Brees was coming off a bad year. His agent? Tom Condon. Tailback LaDainian Tomlinson's good friend � still � is Brees. LT's agent? Tom Condon. Manning's agent? Tom Condon. -- San Diego Union-Tribune