FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.17.2014, 00:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seahawks Player News:
PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2007, 16:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19726
Donate
sea.gif
Nate Burleson & D.J. Hackett Split-End Battle
Thursday 8/30, 12:42 PM CT
::Fanballnews.com::

Seahawks receiver Nate Burleson is still in contention for a starting job opposite Deion Branch, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. He is contending with D.J. Hackett for that role.

Our View: They may also end up splitting time if neither emerges. Hackett has been one of the preseason's biggest disappointments and that has increased Branch's fantasy value. Burleson remains nothing more than a reach.

Choo’s View: Beware the Ides of Split-End. Since it was announced Hackett would be playing the doomed position, I have warned everyone who will listen. Burleson has actually looked pretty good this preseason. He ran some nice routes last night, bursting in and out of his cuts, and showed soft hands and good chemistry with Seneca Wallace. Hackett is still the starter, but Holmgren isn't ready to give up on Burleson yet so expect a heavy rotation between the two until someone emerges for good.

Click here for my in-depth take on how the Split-End position is effected in Seattle's offense: http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/view ... ?p=1832796

Last edited by Choo on Fri 08.31.2007, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2007, 17:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
Mark Brunnell to Seattle?

According to the Washington Post, the Seahawks asked the Redskins about the availability of quarterback Mark Brunell on Thursday. No deal is imminent. The Falcons previously talked to the Redskins about the veteran quarterback.

Choo's Take: What the crap, why? Because Brunnell is a local product and Husky alum, because Brunell is an intelligent veteran QB who can digest a playbook in a short period of time, and because QB3 David Greene is freaking awful. I get it. But does it have to be Mark Brunnell? Yuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2007, 21:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
Seahawks Cut Roster to 53

Released: QB Derek Devine, RB Marquis Weeks, FB David Kirtman, FB Josh Parry, WR Joe Fernandez, WR Jordan Kent, WR Logan Payne, TE Leonard Stephens, TE Joe Newton, OT Kyle Williams, OG Steve Vallos, C Pat Ross, DT Marcus Green, DT Eric Taylor, DE Brandon Green, DE Nu’u Tafisi, LB Cameron Jensen, CB DeJuan Groce, CB Kevin Hobbs, CB Pete Hunter, and CB Omowale Dada.

Choo's take: Go Cougs! Hopefully, there is room for Dada on the practice squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2007, 21:49 

Sand$: 96783
Donate
I wish the drafts in which I picked up Hackett in were later in the preseason, you have me seriously doubting my WR3 on two of my teams and my WR4 on the third team. I'm just hoping he has a couple good games early so I can at least have an opportunity to deal him.