FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 03.31.2015, 22:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 11:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 0.00

was.gif
Welcome. Myself and Hometeam are starting a Dynasty League. We currently have 4 owners and are looking for 8 more. Because of time restraints a live draft will occur once we have our owners in place.

Please look over the settings:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/leag ... ueId=96643

The roster is currently a 25 man roster. The number of Dynasty players will be determined by the league. If your committed to a league and are open to a live draft. Post in this thread or Pm myself or Hometeam and we'll send out an invite.

Bohican

Last edited by Bohican on Fri 03.06.2015, 11:58, edited 22 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 13:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

dal.gif
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 14:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

was.gif
Longhorns76 wrote:
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?

That's something I'd be interested in. Choosing someone not in the ESPN data base would not be a competitive advantage for you, so I see no problem. You could choose a player no one would ever pick for the roster spot. Add a note on ESPN or the league thread to designate your player. Then switch'em out when they hit the ESPN data base. Once we get all the owners set, that's something we'll for sure discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 15:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

hou.gif
I hear the two used almost interchangeably but...can someone clarify the typical differences between Dynasty and Keeper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 15:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

was.gif
Virro wrote:
I hear the two used almost interchangeably but...can someone clarify the typical differences between Dynasty and Keeper?

My understanding of Dynasty is where you keep a larger number or all of your players. For instance in this league I was thinking 20 out of 25. It can definitely be discussed as to the final number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 16:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

nyj.gif
Virro wrote:

my understanding:

Dynasty leagues are basically keeper leagues, but you get to keep almost your entire roster each year. So after the inaugural draft, really the only players being picked that have significance each year are the new crop of rookies. Dynasty leagues hypothetically allow team owners to attempt to build a Fantasy Baseball 'dynasty'.

..which is basically what Bohican just stated. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 16:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

dal.gif
Bohican wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:

That's something I'd be interested in. Choosing someone not in the ESPN data base would not be a competitive advantage for you, so I see no problem. You could choose a player no one would ever pick for the roster spot. Add a note on ESPN or the league thread to designate your player. Then switch'em out when they hit the ESPN data base. Once we get all the owners set, that's something we'll for sure discuss.

So if I choose to draft some 18 year old prospect in single A currently, that would not be a problem even though an ETA may not be for a season or two?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 17:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

nyg.gif
I'd join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 17:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

was.gif
Longhorns76 wrote:
Bohican wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:

So if I choose to draft some 18 year old prospect in single A currently, that would not be a problem even though an ETA may not be for a season or two?

I think we can work out a system where that is possible. It's something that needs to be discussed as far as a procedure for adding a "Non ESPN Data Base" player. I'd think you'd have to have a roster spot for that player. Either you'd only carry 24 players, or a scrub could be designated in his stead. For example. I know prospect Thomas Hansen Braves is currently in the system. For this example he isn't. You want to add Hansen. You would add a scrub (Mike Kiger 2b SEA). On the League thread or on ESPN League page a note would say Thomas Hanson = Mike Kiger on Longhorns roster. Once Hansen is available your drop Kiger and add hansen. The only issue I can see is if 2 owners want the same player. We could get around this by designating mondays as "ESPN Non Database Player" day. You can put in a claim for a player, on Mondays they'll be processed by waiver order. Bottom line in a Dynasty league if you want a A ball player you should be able to do so .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 18:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

hou.gif
Thanks for the explanation. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:06 
Megalodon
Megalodon

nyj.gif
I'm just going to post the list of people who we have signed up and accepted invites to the league as they come in so we don't have to switch back to the league site.

1. theHometeam (Hometeam)
2. Queen Creek Dirt Bags (Bohican)
3. Pirate Jesus (Virro)
4. The Nati Reds (Atl Soulja Boy)
5. Phoenix Longhorns (Longhorns76)
6. Grant's Diamonds Grant20
7. Tucson Gila Monsters

Interested:
Zindog, Eagles, Marty

Oh and by the way, WELCOME EVERYONE !

Last edited by theHometeam on Sun 03.22.2009, 10:47, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

hou.gif
Any particular reason we're keeping to 12? If we get 10 would that be sufficient?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

nyj.gif
Virro wrote:
Any particular reason we're keeping to 12? If we get 10 would that be sufficient?

I'm guessing "12" teams is the optimal goal here but we'd go with 10 if we don't fill up soon.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 22:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

dal.gif
any idea on the draft date/time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 23:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

was.gif
marty1841 wrote:
any idea on the draft date/time?

We haven't set the draft date yet till we get more owners. At that point we can try to find a date and time that could work best for everyone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next