FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 03.31.2015, 22:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 11:59 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 6, 2008
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3703
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
Welcome. Myself and Hometeam are starting a Dynasty League. We currently have 4 owners and are looking for 8 more. Because of time restraints a live draft will occur once we have our owners in place.

Please look over the settings:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/leag ... ueId=96643

The roster is currently a 25 man roster. The number of Dynasty players will be determined by the league. If your committed to a league and are open to a live draft. Post in this thread or Pm myself or Hometeam and we'll send out an invite.

Bohican


Last edited by Bohican on Fri 03.06.2015, 11:58, edited 22 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 13:00 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 9, 2003
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 8781
dal.gif
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 14:40 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 6, 2008
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3703
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
Longhorns76 wrote:
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?


That's something I'd be interested in. Choosing someone not in the ESPN data base would not be a competitive advantage for you, so I see no problem. You could choose a player no one would ever pick for the roster spot. Add a note on ESPN or the league thread to designate your player. Then switch'em out when they hit the ESPN data base. Once we get all the owners set, that's something we'll for sure discuss.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 15:48 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3808
Location: Houston
hou.gif
I hear the two used almost interchangeably but...can someone clarify the typical differences between Dynasty and Keeper?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 15:53 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 6, 2008
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3703
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
Virro wrote:
I hear the two used almost interchangeably but...can someone clarify the typical differences between Dynasty and Keeper?


My understanding of Dynasty is where you keep a larger number or all of your players. For instance in this league I was thinking 20 out of 25. It can definitely be discussed as to the final number.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 16:11 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 10834
nyj.gif
Virro wrote:
I hear the two used almost interchangeably but...can someone clarify the typical differences between Dynasty and Keeper?


my understanding:

Dynasty leagues are basically keeper leagues, but you get to keep almost your entire roster each year. So after the inaugural draft, really the only players being picked that have significance each year are the new crop of rookies. Dynasty leagues hypothetically allow team owners to attempt to build a Fantasy Baseball 'dynasty'.

..which is basically what Bohican just stated. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 16:48 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 9, 2003
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 8781
dal.gif
Bohican wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?


That's something I'd be interested in. Choosing someone not in the ESPN data base would not be a competitive advantage for you, so I see no problem. You could choose a player no one would ever pick for the roster spot. Add a note on ESPN or the league thread to designate your player. Then switch'em out when they hit the ESPN data base. Once we get all the owners set, that's something we'll for sure discuss.


So if I choose to draft some 18 year old prospect in single A currently, that would not be a problem even though an ETA may not be for a season or two?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 17:06 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 2289
Location: Fishtown
nyg.gif
I'd join.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 17:18 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 6, 2008
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3703
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
Longhorns76 wrote:
Bohican wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:
I would be interested in the dyno. One question. Can we draft non MLB players or players not in database?


That's something I'd be interested in. Choosing someone not in the ESPN data base would not be a competitive advantage for you, so I see no problem. You could choose a player no one would ever pick for the roster spot. Add a note on ESPN or the league thread to designate your player. Then switch'em out when they hit the ESPN data base. Once we get all the owners set, that's something we'll for sure discuss.


So if I choose to draft some 18 year old prospect in single A currently, that would not be a problem even though an ETA may not be for a season or two?


I think we can work out a system where that is possible. It's something that needs to be discussed as far as a procedure for adding a "Non ESPN Data Base" player. I'd think you'd have to have a roster spot for that player. Either you'd only carry 24 players, or a scrub could be designated in his stead. For example. I know prospect Thomas Hansen Braves is currently in the system. For this example he isn't. You want to add Hansen. You would add a scrub (Mike Kiger 2b SEA). On the League thread or on ESPN League page a note would say Thomas Hanson = Mike Kiger on Longhorns roster. Once Hansen is available your drop Kiger and add hansen. The only issue I can see is if 2 owners want the same player. We could get around this by designating mondays as "ESPN Non Database Player" day. You can put in a claim for a player, on Mondays they'll be processed by waiver order. Bottom line in a Dynasty league if you want a A ball player you should be able to do so .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 18:35 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3808
Location: Houston
hou.gif
Thanks for the explanation. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:06 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 10834
nyj.gif
I'm just going to post the list of people who we have signed up and accepted invites to the league as they come in so we don't have to switch back to the league site.

1. theHometeam (Hometeam)
2. Queen Creek Dirt Bags (Bohican)
3. Pirate Jesus (Virro)
4. The Nati Reds (Atl Soulja Boy)
5. Phoenix Longhorns (Longhorns76)
6. Grant's Diamonds Grant20
7. Tucson Gila Monsters
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

Interested:
Zindog, Eagles, Marty


Oh and by the way, WELCOME EVERYONE !

_________________
Image


Last edited by theHometeam on Sun 03.22.2009, 10:47, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:08 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3808
Location: Houston
hou.gif
Any particular reason we're keeping to 12? If we get 10 would that be sufficient?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 20:16 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 10834
nyj.gif
Virro wrote:
Any particular reason we're keeping to 12? If we get 10 would that be sufficient?


I'm guessing "12" teams is the optimal goal here but we'd go with 10 if we don't fill up soon.....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 22:15 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 17135
Location: Connecticut
dal.gif
any idea on the draft date/time?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 03.21.2009, 23:05 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 6, 2008
Sand$: 0.00

Posts: 3703
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
was.gif
marty1841 wrote:
any idea on the draft date/time?


We haven't set the draft date yet till we get more owners. At that point we can try to find a date and time that could work best for everyone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cmathew3318 and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group