FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 11.27.2014, 09:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 15:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19822
Donate
sea.gif
First of all, belated congratulations to Dingo, who skillfully drafted and managed his Sharks with Lasers squad to the 2008 Bavasi Haters League Championship. You earned it, my friend.

Second, I humbly tip my cap to all of the owners who competed last season. In terms of depth, fun, competition and knowledge, we proved once again that the Bavasi Haters League is second to none.

The following owners are cordially invited to reclaim their coveted spot in the Bavasi Haters League for the upcoming 2009 season:

o - Bohican
x - Bronco Geek
x - Choo
x - Deckard
x - Dingo
o - Eagles05856
x - EMAR
x - Hard 10
x - Honing Skills
o - Laputian
o - LaSean4Heisman
x - Longhorns
x - Marty
x - Oar Chambo
x - Oscar
o - Virro

x = confirmed.
o = new owner.

Last edited by Choo on Fri 03.27.2009, 23:47, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 15:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
League Parameters

Scoring: 5x5 Rotisserie
Player Universe: American League and National League
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade Review: League Votes
Trade End Date: (TBD)
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played (Per Offensive Position): 162
Max Innings Pitched (Total): 1600
Weekly Roster Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: (TBD)

Stat Categories (5x5): R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 15:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
Rules for Draft

1) Each owner will have 12 hours to make his pick.

2) The 12-hour draft clock runs continuously, night and day.

3) If an owner surpasses the 12-hour time limit, the next owner may pick, and so on. An owner who surpasses the 12-hour time limit may make his missed pick at any time thereafter.

4) An owner who exceeds the 12-hour time limit twice during the draft without reasonable cause can be skipped indefinitely and/or replaced.

5) No trades of players and/or picks are allowed during the draft.

6) Each owner must draft a complete starting lineup (pitchers and hitters) before drafting his bench players. Rule 3 applies to any pick which results in the violation of this Rule 5, and the illegally drafted player remains undrafted until he is drafted legally.

NOTE: If you want to know if a player is eligible at a specific position, go to our Yahoo league page and click "players".

7) Drafting a player not in Yahoo's database is perfectly LEGAL. Any drafted player not in Yahoo's database is "protected" by the owner who drafted him and remains off limits to other owners UNLESS the owner fills the protected player's reserved roster spot AT ANY TIME before officially adding the player to his roster. An owner must keep a vacant roster spot for the drafted player until he becomes available. Only a BENCH slot or a STARTING POSITION slot count as a vacant roster spot. A DL slot does not count as a vacant roster spot. Filling the reserved roster spot results in the forfeiture of said player and he is free game once he appears in the player pool.

Once a protected player becomes available, it is the owner's responsibility to add the player to his team once he clears waivers. However, the commissioner will make his best effort to add a protected player to its rightful owner before he clears waivers if the commissioner is notified. To make sure another owner does not put in a waiver claim for your player, I suggest leaving a message on the league page that he belongs to you.

A list of the "protected" players will be posted here (draft home) and on our Yahoo page for easy reference.

8] All owners are encouraged to make their best effort to keep the rest of the league apprised of their availability. For example, if there is a chance you won't be able to check in before your turn comes up, please tell us so we can coordinate our schedules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 16:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
For 2009

- League Name: I will always hate Bavasi, but seeing as he is no longer the Mariners GM I am open to a name change for our league. Suggestions are welcome.

- Championship Trophy: Since everyone in the league is a Tank member, I propose a traveling championship trophy icon for the defending owner to display in his sig with pride. Something small but sexy. Remember those little gold cup icons on the 1987 Topps rookie cards? I’m picturing something like that, similar to the holy grail from the Monty Python movie. As soon as we find/make one, it will be Dingo’s until a new champion is crowned.

- Rule Changes: With several seasons in the books and no complaints, I’m guessing our rules/parameters are airtight, but if anyone has any requests or suggestions, feel free to share. We did have the issue of a dead owner last season but I think we handled it well. I can write the steps we took to remedy that situation into the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 16:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20186
Donate
Count me in again, Choo. I am out to prove that last season was a complete fluke. :lol:

And let me know what you find for the trophy icons. I have been looking for something for Stealing Home, but am not creative or computer saavy enough to accomplish anything. :?

2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 18:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 292
Donate
hou.gif
I'd love to be considered for that final spot. Laputian can give you details, I've known him personally for years and had my fair share of heartbreak due to his teams throughout the years. Dingo has been in at least one league with me, I would say the most fun league I've ever played in, this past year. Oar and Marty in at least Holmland Football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 18:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
Virro wrote:
I'd love to be considered for that final spot. Laputian can give you details, I've known him personally for years and had my fair share of heartbreak due to his teams throughout the years. Dingo has been in at least one league with me, I would say the most fun league I've ever played in, this past year. Oar and Marty in at least Holmland Football.

Welcome aboard the U.S.S. Bavasi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 19:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 292
Donate
hou.gif
Choo wrote:
Virro wrote:

Welcome aboard the U.S.S. Bavasi!

Mission Accomplished?

Thanks for the invite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 19:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1827
Donate
was.gif
Hey...... I'm a friend of Dingo's he said you might have a spot opening up. It looks like you already filled it with Virro. I've been in leagues with Virro and Dingo. If you have any openings in the future, I'd loved to be considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 21:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
Bohican wrote:
Hey...... I'm a friend of Dingo's he said you might have a spot opening up. It looks like you already filled it with Virro. I've been in leagues with Virro and Dingo. If you have any openings in the future, I'd loved to be considered.

I'll put you on the waiting list, Bo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12.23.2008, 22:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1827
Donate
was.gif
Choo wrote:
Bohican wrote:

I'll put you on the waiting list, Bo.

Thank You.........Merry Christmas !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12.24.2008, 11:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20186
Donate
For what it's worth, both Virro and Bohican are active, knowledgeable owners.

2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.26.2008, 16:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7850
Donate
gb.gif
I'm in suckas.

I won't be coming in #2 this time. I smell a championship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.26.2008, 18:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
Thanks for the PM, I have to pass this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.26.2008, 19:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sea.gif
dznutz88 wrote:
Thanks for the PM, I have to pass this year.

We'll miss you, Deez. You were a great owner.

Welcome to the BHL, Bohican!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 99  Next