FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 01:53

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next
PostPosted: Sat 01.09.2010, 13:48 

Sand$: 101622
Donate
League Site: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffi ... ueId=37220

Draft thread: scroll down, or possibly up (if you're reading this in March), dummy

We’ve all been in many…many leagues before, so outside of the basics I am going to just bullet point this guy. Anything that is not detailed below, reference the ESPN site. If you feel anything needs to be clarified post in the thread, a commish will either answer your question(s) or update the by laws to include the item brought up, who knows…maybe both!

Commishes – oar and jesteva, marty’s 3rd in command

League communication
#1 the league thread (fail safe)
#2 pm/email/text (quick questions, or ones you don’t want other owners to see…for whatever reason)
#3 the league site (options 1 and 2 are preferred)

Dues
S$1000 per shark, winner takes all. Send to Sun Soaked Bastards account.

ESPN Site issues: day-to-day issues, whatever they are, won’t be addressed/fixed by the commishes. If there is a problem and it effects > 1 day we will address it on a case by case basis. Solution? Make life easy on everyone and just set your lineups far enough ahead of time that site problems are not to blame for lineup submission errors, or any errors for that matter. If there are issues, see league communication above.

Minor League Squad
*10 player maximum
*Eligibility determined once/year, opening day, any player that has never made a game appearance in a regular season or post season major league baseball game prior to opening day of the current league season with a game appearance defined as:

1) an official or unofficial at bat, 2) pinch run, 3) partial inning pitched, 4) fielded a defensive position for a partial inning.

Official SSB League Reference Source: http://www.baseball-reference.com/

MLS Site http://numsum.com/spreadsheet/show/109937

*Once a player is promoted to an owner’s active roster he loses MLS eligibility
*Once a player is promoted an owner can replace his spot on the MLS with another eligible player
*MLS will be tracked offline by the commish, whenever a change is made he will email an updated version to the co-commish so there are two records available in the event one were to get lost
*To make a change to your MLS post all transactions in the league thread and pm/email both commish’s to notify of the change, a commish will pm/email you an update of your MLS once the transaction is completed
*a player does not need to be available in ESPN's player pool to be eligible for the minor league squad, they just need to exist and be signed by a MLB team and on a minor league team
*when a MLS player is dropped it is first come first served free agency for said player(s)
*Any time an owner wishes to move a player from the MLS to the active roster that is not currently in the ESPN player DB a 'scrub' will be used as a placeholder instead. In the event that said scrub is dropped at any time consider that player a free agent. This 'scrub' will be identified on the league page via memo note for record keeping purposes. Once prospect is in the Data Base the LM Drops scrub/ Adds prospect. This is not restricted to the MLS, if a player is not in ESPN's DB and you wish to add that player add a scrub to your active roster and email/pm a commish to let them know who the scrub constitutes, posting a note on the shark page as a backup would be a good idea too.

The Draft
*Draft clock in effect – 8 hours, this is the maximum, the expectation is significantly less. Stuff happens, and there will be delays, as in any slow draft but we need everyone’s max effort to make these delays as few and far between as possible. Slow drafters will be heckled, and the owners can deal with it.
*Draft clock will be turned off between midnight and 8 am est Mon-Fri and on weekends, this DOES NOT mean the draft is on hold but only that the clock is not on.
*Picks can be made via text and posted by other league owners, share your cell # with people selecting on either side of you, especially if you’re not frequently at a computer. Some prefer email, and if that works for you then do that instead. Whatever is fastest, and best, for you.
*If an owner's clock expires the next drafter's clock begins and the draft continues as it would have had the owner with the expired clock had selected. This owner is permitted to pick at any time but until they pick their turn will be skipped in all future rounds until they do so.
*If the draft is not being completed at a reasonable pace the commish can change the draft rules mid-draft, any changes will take into effect beginning the next day after posting. The commish would rather not do this, he’s just covering his bases in case he has to.
*The commish will update the draft thread daily, it is each owner’s responsibility to ensure a player has not been selected before picking. This is as simple as hitting ctrl+f and entering in a player’s name in the draft thread and then ensuring said player has not been picked since the last update. In the event that the commish will be unable to update the draft thread on a given day he will do his best to find a replacement to do it, in the rare circumstance that he cannot then he will make a post stating so, and why, so the league is aware.

Declaring Keepers
*Due March 1 every year, on the ESPN site
*25 keepers (maximum, not a requirement) + MLS squad (again, maximum, not a requirement)
*Late entries will be penalized 1 keeper per day late. You can change your keepers up until March 1 so don’t be afraid to post early (and lessen the late February work load on your favorite commish) in the event that you may become unexpectedly too busy to post around March 1.

Midseason mini draft
*Immediately after the amateur signing deadline (Aug 15) there will be a mini draft based on waiver priority. Once an owner has passed on making a pick they are not permitted to make another one. Waiver priority post amateur draft will be determined based off of the outcome of the mini draft, meaning that the first person to pass on their selection will now have #1 priority, the last person to make a pick will have last waiver priority, and everything in the middle. Players selected in this draft are eligible for either the active roster or the MLS but at the time of the pick the selecting owner must declare which roster and any applicable moves to maintain being within the roster limits. If this is not done and an owner's roster becomes in violation then the pick is voided until the owner fixes the error, the draft will continue as if the owner passed on their selection. Once the error is fixed they assume their original spot picking in the draft.

Future Drafts
*Straight drafts, last place finisher selects first each round, first place finisher selects last each round, and everything in between. Draft continues until all rosters are filled.
*Starting date is March 5, unless a time can be arranged for a fast draft. A fast draft constitutes the entire league being available for at least a 3 hour period sometime between March 5 and March 15. Stuff happens, if someone needs to bail from a fast draft at least 24 hours notification is required, we can then begin a slow draft immediately. Any less and that owner is S.O.L., that owner can select their players after the draft is complete, selecting from the remaining player pool.

Trades
*Offseason trades permitted, beginning the day after the last regular season game
*The only time the trading window is closed is from the last eligible day ESPN allows (for 2010, it’s August 20) until the end of the regular season
*Trade vetoes can only be made by the commish, and will only occur in obvious cases of collusion. If a league member has issue with a trade the commish processes he must file an appeal within 3 days of the trade being processed. The commish will post said complaint for all other league member’s to voice their concerns for a period of 4 days. At that time the commishes will re-visit the issue and determine what action, if any, should be taken.
*Trades involving both commishes will be approved by a third party, in this league’s case I am volunteering marty, whether he likes it or not.
*Trading of draft picks (both current and future) are permitted, as are trades involving MLS players – only restriction? Not violating roster limits at any time.

*Definition of Non ESPN Database Player: Any player signed by a MLB team, a signed player could include MLB players not listed or Minor Leaguers at any level. Players signed by an Independant league team with no MLB affilitation are also eligible. All foreign players are ineligible until signed or drafted by an MLB team or Indepenent team. No College, High School, Little league..etc. players will be eligible. Claim process: A claim MUST be emailed or Pm'd to a commish by Sunday 12pm EST, these claims can only be processed on Sunday's. You could time post a claim as well on the Shark League page as a backup. The claim must include your team name, the player you want, and the player you're dropping. A commish will process the claim. We will make all necessary adjustments to the owner's roster. In the event two or more owners want the same player we will go by waiver priority order.

Tie breakers
*In the event that there are any ties ERA will be the tie breaker, if there needs to be a 2nd tie breaker then the commishes will dive face first, naked, into a snow drift and post it on youtube.

League changes
*Proposals are accepted every January, and only January
*Voting will be done between Feb 1 and Feb 13 every year
*Only in absolutely necessary situations will changes be made at other times

Dead Teams
*Hopefully I am wasting my time writing this
*Once a team has been identified as one that hasn’t been active over an extended period of time (i.e. a DL’d player left in the starting lineup for a period of > 1 week) an email and pm will be sent to that owner. If inactivity continues for a period of at least one week following said email that owner ‘s roster will be locked and a replacement will be found in the offseason.
*if you’re going to be inactive for an extended period of time (preferably) find a replacement to run your team in the meantime but if such an option isn’t available notify a commish. The commishes will do their best to ensure injured players are replaced during your period of inactivity, but day-to-day roster moves won’t be made.
*If you don’t have the time to commit to this league, that’s fine, real life > fantasy baseball, just do us all a favor and let us know BEFORE you become inactive so it does not effect the league. We would rather find a replacement, even if it is just temporary, then have the league suffer.

Unethical Practices
*Unlike the above I’m not wasting my time with this, just don’t do it, if you do then you will probably be booted from the league but it will be handled on a case by case basis.

Last edited by OarChambo on Sun 02.21.2010, 15:26, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01.09.2010, 14:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 176149
Donate
dal.gif
there's one dyno here-but it's h2h.

if it's a roto....i'm in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01.09.2010, 14:01 

Donate
marty1841 wrote:

This would be roto.

Deep rosters. Very deep. Minor league system deep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01.09.2010, 14:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 176149
Donate
dal.gif
OarChambo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:

This would be roto.

Deep rosters. Very deep. Minor league system deep.

even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 01.09.2010, 14:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 34266
Donate
pit.gif
I'm in the 12 keeper h2h one and i love it.. I'd be in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 01.11.2010, 06:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4543
Donate
pit.gif
I'd definitely be interested in a dyno - roto scoring. Something in the 12-16 team league size would be great.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 01.11.2010, 12:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8017
Donate
jax.gif
jesteva wrote:
I'd definitely be interested in a dyno - roto scoring. Something in the 12-16 team league size would be great.

Steve

x2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 07:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4543
Donate
pit.gif
Just a suggestion.

Structure a dyno baseball league along the lines of the "Deep" dyno football league concept. Limit the amount of teams in the league to 12 and get one 5 x 5 Roto "Deep" Dyno baseball league up and running this year for 2010 consisting of 12 teams.

Next year (2011), perhaps there would be sufficient interest to form a second "Deep" Dyno league that would have the same playing and roster rules etc.

There is probably a way, albeit offline, to have an overall "Deep" league champion pitting the 5x5 stats of the different league champions against each other.

I get the sense there is a lot more interest in fantasy baseball in the Tank than you might think - it's just fragmented and not organized into site sponsored and Community organized (i.e Deep etc.) leagues like football is.

Last edited by jesteva on Tue 01.19.2010, 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 08:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 294
Donate
hou.gif
jesteva wrote:
I get the sense there is a lot more interest in fantasy baseball in the Tank than you might think - it's just fragmented and not organized into site sponsored and Community organized (i.e Deep etc.) leagues like football is.

Yeah... and a lot of the regular baseball guys tend to show up about a month or two before the season is going to begin. Seems to happen every year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 11:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 32818
Donate
phi.gif
Virro wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Yeah... and a lot of the regular baseball guys tend to show up about a month or two before the season is going to begin. Seems to happen every year.

Exactly, which probably isn't enough time to design a very in-depth dyno league. Unless you really crank through it, AND draft. It would be very stressful.

2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 12:41 

Donate
Eagles05856 wrote:
Virro wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Exactly, which probably isn't enough time to design a very in-depth dyno league. Unless you really crank through it, AND draft. It would be very stressful.
Agreed, which is why I am trying to see if there's interest ahead of time. If we get 12 before March 1 I think we can do it, as the days tick by thereafter it'll be increasingly difficult.

Right now we're sitting on 5 and possibly 2 that would with convincing, virro and eagles :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 17:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 34266
Donate
pit.gif
I think I'm gonna have to cut back on leagues.. especially if we do this. 3 seems to be my absolute max number this year. I'd be fine with two as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01.19.2010, 22:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1263
Donate
dal.gif
I would love in on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 01.20.2010, 10:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 32818
Donate
phi.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Eagles05856 wrote:
Virro wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Agreed, which is why I am trying to see if there's interest ahead of time. If we get 12 before March 1 I think we can do it, as the days tick by thereafter it'll be increasingly difficult.

Right now we're sitting on 5 and possibly 2 that would with convincing, virro and eagles :wink:

It would take some convincing, but I'm not saying I wouldn't be on board. I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it get off the ground. The only problem is finding 12. :?

2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 01.20.2010, 16:35 

Donate
Eagles05856 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Eagles05856 wrote:
Virro wrote:
jesteva wrote:

It would take some convincing, but I'm not saying I wouldn't be on board. I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it get off the ground. The only problem is finding 12. :?
Hopefully we get to that point. Now we're at 6 in and 2 maybe's. If we get a couple more I'll begin to figure out rosters...which again will be very, very deep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71  Next