FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.20.2014, 19:23

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 08:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8593
Donate
pit.gif

2012 League Champion - 10ball
2011 League Champion - jayfaro
2010 League Champion - jayfaro
2009 League Champion - fishfry

2012 League Owners
1 Bohicans Black Sox's - Confirmed back 2012
2 Adirondack Red aml1000 - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
3 Snakes & Arrows honingskills - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
4 Corkedtops jesteva - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
5 the Hometeam - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
6 Sons of Same Horn II marty 1841 Sand Fee Pd
7 Pirate Jesus Virro - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
8 Benny Lava Benny Lava - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
9 Dirty Possee 10ball - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
10 Repped By Ari Gold - ATL - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
11 Bad News Beers jayfaro - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd
12 fish fry - Confirmed back 2012 Sand Fee Pd

2012 Weekly and YTD Category Results
http://numsum.com/spreadsheet/show/125133

2012 Draft Order
1 Bohicans Black Sox's
2 Adirondack Red aml1000
3 Snakes & Arrows honingskills
4 Corkedtops jesteva
5 the Hometeam
6 Minute Maid Laputian
7 Pirate Jesus Virro
8 Benny Lava Benny Lava
9 Dirty Possee 10ball
10 Repped By Ari Gold - ATL
11 Bad News Beers jayfaro
12 fish fry

Trades Involving 2012 Draft Picks
Dirty Possee - 10ball receives fishfry pick 1.12 (2/9/12 trade)
Allegheny - jesteva receives Dirty Possee - 10ball pick 1.09 (2/9/12 trade)
fishfry receives Pirate Jesus - virro pick 3.07 (2/19/12 trade)

Format: Roto based scoring Head-to-Head AL+NL Players

Scoring Period: Weekly (Monday through Sunday)

Scoring: Category based Roto

5 Hitters Categories: HR /Bat Avg / Runs / RBI / SB /
5 Pitchers Categories: Saves / WHIP / ERA / Ks' / Wins

Each stat category counts as 1 run. Team with most runs wins that weeks matchup. In the event the game ends in a tie after adding up the stat categories, that weeks game will be declared a tie.

Host site: ESPN

League Type: Private by invitation only. Free to owners.

League size: 12 Teams. 3 Divisions of 4 teams each. Teams assigned to a Division before the start of the draft based on the staggered running order of receiving a post response below accepting team in league. Eg. Team 1 Division 1 = first response received. Team 1 Division 2 = 2'nd response received; Team 1 Division 3 = 3'rd response received; Team 2 Divison 1 = 4'th response received etc.

Regular season: 21 Weeks

Post season: Quarter finals Week 22. Semi Finals Week 23. Championship Week 24

Playoff Format: 3 Division winners and three wild card teams. Wild card teams to be determined based on Highest winning Percentage (Wins divided by 21 regular season games) among 9 teams not qualifying as a Division Winner. Tiebreaker order to be used to determine Division Winners and Wild Card entries:
1. Winning Percentage (Total Wins divided by total of 21 regular season games).
2. Head to head record (only used to break a 2-way tie)
3. Greatest Total of statistical category wins for entire 21 game regular season
4. Fewest total of statistical category losses for entire 21 game regular season
5. Greatest number of starting lineup Home Runs during entire 21 game regular season
6. Greatest number of starting lineup Pitcher Wins during entire 21 game regular season
7. Coin flip

Playoff Structure:

Week 22 Quarter finals
Seed 3 vs Seed 6
Seed 4 vs Seed 5
Winners of Week 22 games advance to Week 23

Week 23 Semi finals
Seed 1 vs Seed 4-5 winner
Seed 2 vs Seed 3-6 winner
Winners of Week 23 advance to Week 24

Week 24 Finals
Winners of Week 23

Seeding Structure: Seeds 1 through 3 will be 3 Division winners determined using tiebreaker structure with the Wild Card teams seeded 4 - 6 in the same manner.

1. Winning Percentage (Total Wins divided by total of 21 regular season games).
2. Head to head record (only used to break a 2-way tie)
3. Greatest Total of statistical category wins for entire 21 game regular season
4. Fewest total of statistical category losses for entire 21 game regular season
5. Greatest number of starting lineup Home Runs during entire 21 game

Sand Donation Entry Fee
500 sand per team entry fee for the 2011 season. Sand to be distributed as follows:
75% - Overall League Champion (4,000 total)
16.66% - Overall League Runner up (1,000 total)
8.33% - Two Semi-Final teams not advancing to Championship game (500 total each)

A sand bank with the user name: SWBS Bank will be used to hold the league entry fees.

Draft: Live extended time straight draft format with the draft order for round 1 and subsequent rounds to be determined based on the reverse order on the prior years results. The prior years reverse winning percentage (total wins divided by total regular season games played) using the total regular season games played with the following tie breakers in the event of a tie in the winning percentage:
1. Non-playoff participant
2. Least amount of category wins for the entire regular season
3. Most category losses for the entire regular season
4. coin flip

In the absence of a better vehicle, we will use a Shark Tank forum thread to post and record draft picks made during the 18 round draft. Tentative draft start date for 2012 season is March 2, 2012.

Roster size: - Starting lineup 20 players (11 Hitting & 9 Pitching required) and a bench of 7 players for a total maximum roster size of 27. The maximum roster size of 27 includes players designated as either injured or listed on a minor league roster. An owner can designate two MLB player listed on MLB's Injured Reserve and ESPN's site listing as being "INJ". If this option is elected reducing the Active + Reserve roster size to 26 (or 25), an owner has the option of adding one (or 2) additional player(s) to get back to the max roster size of 27 players.

The maximum number of players by roster position will be posted in the rules section of the league site but generally will be: Position players + CI + MI + U = 3 max, 6 OF, 12 SP and 8 RP.

Starting Positions Used: - C / 1B / 2B / SS / 3B / OF-OF-OF/ MI / CI / U for a total of 11 starting lineup hitting positions

A total of 9 Starting Lineup Pitching Positions will be used with a minimum / maximum weekly lineup submission consisting of: 2 Min Relief Pitchers with a Max of 4 and, 5 Min Starting Pitchers with a Max of 7. In all cases, a total of 9 RP's and SP's must be inserted in your starting lineup for a weekly period.

Basically, you can elect to start either:
2 RP's and 7 SP's
3 RP's and 6 SP's
4 RP's and 5 SP's

The league will follow and use the standard ESPN position eligibility rules.

Ineligible Lineup Submission: An ineligible lineup submission will result in a loss of all 10 statistical categories for the week and accordingly, a loss for the team in that weeks HTH results.

The maximum active roster size of 27 players can temporarily be exceeded during a scoring period to allow two team owners to process an approved trade involving an unequal amount of players (e.g 2:1 / 3:2 etc.) Any situation where a team exceeds the maximum active roster size of 27 players as a result of an imbalanced player trade must be corrected prior to the lineup submission deadline for the following weeks HTH game or that weeks lineup will be considered an Ineligible Lineup Submission.

Waiver Rules: Initial Waiver Priority based on the reverse of the draft order (excluding the impact of any draft pick related trades) as used in Round 1. Two (2) day waiver period for players 1) initially not drafted or 2) subsequently dropped by a team. Players not claimed during the 2 day period will be considered free agents having cleared waivers and are eligible to be added immediately to a teams roster without having to submit a waiver claim. Waiver claims subject to the 2 day waiver period will be processed daily - generally shortly after midnight following the 2 day period.

Trade Rules: Trade Deadline August 13, 2012. Trade Evaluation Period for other owners = 2 days to allow the other 9 owners (excluding the Commissioner) to vote on a trade. Trade proposals receiving 3 or less veto votes will automatically be approved.

A total of 4 veto votes by the other 9 owners (excluding the Commissioner) will result in the trade being rejected by the league host web site. The trade will be immediately reviewed by the Commissioner who will conclude on whether to allow the trade to be executed. A post message will be made in the News Section of the host site by the Commissioner announcing the decision on the trade and the rationale used to conclude.

A total of 5 or more veto votes by the other 9 owners (excluding the Commissioner) will automatically result in the trade being rejected with no further review by the Commissioner. Essentially, the Commissioner will not cast a vote on a trade proposal as registered in the voting results on the web site but instead will be used as a tie break arbiter when exactly 4 owners object to a trade.

Any trade proposal that involves the Commissioner's team as a trading party will automatically be rejected if a total of 4 veto votes are cast by the other 10 owners.

Keeper League:
A total of 9 players from each teams final season roster must be designated as a keeper to be carried over to the active roster of each team for the start of each successive season. Keeper determination deadline is March 1 2012.

Pre-season Trades
Trades between owners will be posted in the pre-season forum thread. A total of 4 owners must veto the trade within 48 hours of the trade posting or the trade will be considered final.

New Owners Addition Process
New owners will be added prior to the start of the regular season (or during the season if a vacancy should arise) prior to keeper determination cutoff by:
1. Soliciting new owners to acknowledge their interest through a posting in a thread to be created prior to the start of each season
2. The Commissioner will send a PM to all returning owners with the new ownership candidates and the quantity of open ownership slots
3. Existing owners will vote for all the candidates indicating a preference in terms of 1, 2, 3 etc. with all candidates being ranked and the #1 being the most preferable candidate.
4. The candidate receiving the total of the most preferable point total (smallest total of the sum of the numeric rankings) will be considered the winner and be awarded the first open franchise. In the event of multiple open franchises, the candidate with the second most preferable point total will be considered the runner-up and receive the 2'nd available franchise.
5. In the event of a 2-way tie for the most preferable candidate with 2 open franchises, both candidates will receive one of the open franchises. All other ties will be broken through a second vote.

Last edited by jesteva on Mon 10.01.2012, 04:35, edited 22 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 08:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
It's time to begin to think about the 2012 season and determine the interest level of the 2011 owners.

Couple of thoughts.
In order to differentiate this league from other Tank based leagues from a format standpoint, I suggest that it stay a weekly submission league and the number of keepers of 9 be retained.

I'd also suggest we come up with a different tie breaking system for seeding etc. purposes that can be generated automatically from the host site. Keeping those weekly manual results has become more trouble and time consuming than the value added.

I'll send out an email from the ESPN site to all 2011 owners asking all to check in with their interest level for 2012 and see if we can get this off the ground for the 4th year.

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 09:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10406
Donate
kc.gif
I'm coming back

I've been in support of daily lineups, but I'm fine with weekly.

I saw the dark side of daily lineups in my local league, as in the semi's, the guy I was playing proceeded to stream pitchers everyday and in 7 days made 27 starts against me. Worked well enough he won wins and K's, and pissed everyone off enough, that we're locking rosters for the playoffs

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 13:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13788
Donate
atl.gif
I'm back doesn't matter to me either way.

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 14:30 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 9485
Donate
I'm back as well and going for the three-peat! :party-smiley-050: Id prefer to keep this weekly but im open to whatever the league decides...if we have to vote, i vote 1) WEEKLY and 2) 9 Keepers!

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 15:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 198
Donate
hou.gif
I agree, Steve. I'm fine with keeping it weekly, spending 3 months overseas last year changed my mind about that entirely. Come up with a new tie-breaker and we can vote. I'm fine with keeping 9.

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 18:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 20879
Donate
ne.gif
jayfaro wrote:
I'm back as well and going for the three-peat! :party-smiley-050: Id prefer to keep this weekly but im open to whatever the league decides...if we have to vote, i vote 1) WEEKLY and 2) 9 Keepers!

I'm back, but only if Jayfaro does not three-peat ;)

PostPosted: Sun 01.22.2012, 18:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
oh....weekly changes is ok by me and 9 keepers are good too.

PostPosted: Mon 01.23.2012, 05:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
First post updated with 6 owners who've check in and are returning.

PostPosted: Tue 01.24.2012, 00:45 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 823
Donate
ari.gif
I am interested in another season with you guys but I'm feeling guilty about being a charity case with the sand for the entry fee.

PostPosted: Tue 01.24.2012, 11:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1153
Donate
gb.gif
Absolutely.

Weekly and 9 keepers is fine. Do what you have to with the tie breakers to make it easy on yourself, Steve.

I was going to send Benny some Sand but it looks like somebody beat me to it :-k , whoever it was thanks.

Anybody looking to trade? Let me know...

PostPosted: Tue 01.24.2012, 18:30 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 823
Donate
ari.gif
Thanks Fish Fry...but somebody was generous enough to help me out and thank you.

PostPosted: Wed 01.25.2012, 19:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
fishfry wrote:
Absolutely.

Weekly and 9 keepers is fine. Do what you have to with the tie breakers to make it easy on yourself, Steve.

I was going to send Benny some Sand but it looks like somebody beat me to it :-k , whoever it was thanks.

Anybody looking to trade? Let me know...

I'm always open to something that could be interesting to me. I don't know any of the teams at this point...so no ideas, but feel free to make offers any time.

PostPosted: Thu 01.26.2012, 18:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
We have a trade....

fishfry gives Eric Hosmer 1B KC
Dirty Possee gives Prince Fielder 1B DET

PostPosted: Thu 01.26.2012, 18:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10406
Donate
kc.gif
jesteva wrote:
We have a trade....

fishfry gives Eric Hosmer 1B KC
Dirty Possee gives Prince Fielder 1B DET

KC fanboy trade
Woo Hoo I finally have him in 1 league

I think they end up pretty close by the end of the year, enough for me to justify the trade to myself....hopefully

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next