FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 16:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu 05.27.2010, 23:21 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 07:15
Posts: 23050
Sand$: 89002
Donate
Location: On The Edge Of Insanity
oak.gif
unimsw wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Black Plague wrote:
so out of possilble interest....do you A) Need owners? and B) Is it going to be a money league? 8)



Yes, I think we still need 2-3 more owners.

Money is optional. You pay for a chance at the pot. A paid owner who has the best record wins the pot.

Kind of. Last year we split the pot between the best regular season record and the league champion. I won the regular season record, but did not win the championship. We may do that again this year, but it depends on how many people do the money and if someone has a suggestion on another format (i.e. 25% to regular season points leader, 25% to runner-up and 50% to champion).
In any case, if you want in BP, that would be great. That would actually fill the vacancies that we have. Still waiting to hear back from runvus and Super Fan to claim their spots. I'm giving them a couple more weeks.


so only "part" of the league pays money? :?

i would be interested, if it is a full money league....cant say that i've ever been in a league that was a partial money league. let me know 8)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 05.28.2010, 13:02 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 06.12.2007, 20:49
Posts: 8400
Sand$: 38449
Donate
Black Plague wrote:
unimsw wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Black Plague wrote:
so out of possilble interest....do you A) Need owners? and B) Is it going to be a money league? 8)



Yes, I think we still need 2-3 more owners.

Money is optional. You pay for a chance at the pot. A paid owner who has the best record wins the pot.

Kind of. Last year we split the pot between the best regular season record and the league champion. I won the regular season record, but did not win the championship. We may do that again this year, but it depends on how many people do the money and if someone has a suggestion on another format (i.e. 25% to regular season points leader, 25% to runner-up and 50% to champion).
In any case, if you want in BP, that would be great. That would actually fill the vacancies that we have. Still waiting to hear back from runvus and Super Fan to claim their spots. I'm giving them a couple more weeks.


so only "part" of the league pays money? :?

i would be interested, if it is a full money league....cant say that i've ever been in a league that was a partial money league. let me know 8)


it's an optional money league. Only members who pay would eligible for payout. about 50% of the league wanted to play for money and the others did not. This was a compromise to accommodate both groups.

If there's enough interest for a full money league, I'll be happy to drop out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 05.28.2010, 14:14 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32669
Sand$: 55519
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
R2000 wrote:
Black Plague wrote:

so only "part" of the league pays money? :?

i would be interested, if it is a full money league....cant say that i've ever been in a league that was a partial money league. let me know 8)


it's an optional money league. Only members who pay would eligible for payout. about 50% of the league wanted to play for money and the others did not. This was a compromise to accommodate both groups.

If there's enough interest for a full money league, I'll be happy to drop out.

I'd hate to have you drop out over the money format. I think it worked well last year the way it was designed. 7 participated in the money and 5 didn't. Those 5 knew they couldn't win any cash. I think this year the participation in the money will be 8 or 9 out of 12, which is great. I guess I don't really see any reason to change it. All the owners are competitive (the one newb from last year will not be invited back).
I really hope you still want to participate with this format, BP. This league was a lot of fun last year and I hope to keep it going as long as I can. There is still plenty of money to be had... of course... I intend to win the majority of it... but that's up for debate...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 05.28.2010, 22:37 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.19.2006, 12:37
Posts: 1110
Sand$: 2301
Donate
Location: Western NY
buf.gif
unimsw wrote:
R2000 wrote:
Black Plague wrote:

so only "part" of the league pays money? :?

i would be interested, if it is a full money league....cant say that i've ever been in a league that was a partial money league. let me know 8)


it's an optional money league. Only members who pay would eligible for payout. about 50% of the league wanted to play for money and the others did not. This was a compromise to accommodate both groups.

If there's enough interest for a full money league, I'll be happy to drop out.

I'd hate to have you drop out over the money format. I think it worked well last year the way it was designed. 7 participated in the money and 5 didn't. Those 5 knew they couldn't win any cash. I think this year the participation in the money will be 8 or 9 out of 12, which is great. I guess I don't really see any reason to change it. All the owners are competitive (the one newb from last year will not be invited back).
I really hope you still want to participate with this format, BP. This league was a lot of fun last year and I hope to keep it going as long as I can. There is still plenty of money to be had... of course... I intend to win the majority of it... but that's up for debate...



We'll see about that Uni. 8) 8) . BP for what it's worth this what a super competitive league last year even with the guys who didn't opt for the money part, with the exception of one and he's not coming back. Also looking forward to playing with you in the fantasy footbal allstars league

Stro


Stro


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 05.29.2010, 03:35 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08.21.2005, 19:46
Posts: 37821
Sand$: 29672
Donate
Location: Shark Tank - Supreme Mega #8
sf.gif
Uni, add me to the list as well along with BP as interested in taking a team if a vacancy arises. I vowed to drop some leagues this year from last year, dropped 1-2 that I can think of and have another that has had a lot of owners drop out as well as the Commish, so is unlikely to be running again this year.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if you need me or not...thanks.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 00:19 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 07:15
Posts: 23050
Sand$: 89002
Donate
Location: On The Edge Of Insanity
oak.gif
for sure i am interested....even more so with NJ saying he may be on board...just let me know what we are looking at. cant say that i have checked it out much, my FF brain does not tell me how only part of the league paying money works :? :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 03:49 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.11.2006, 23:08
Posts: 29488
Sand$: 112179
Donate
Location: Shark Tank - Supreme Mega #19
oak.gif
Honestly...I can not see how a owner who has nothing on the line money wise, could stay committed till the end. But color me interested..if this format actually works. :wink:

Especially with NJ and BP in the fold... :twisted:

What would be the buy-in??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 13:04 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32669
Sand$: 55519
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
Honestly...I can not see how a owner who has nothing on the line money wise, could stay committed till the end. But color me interested..if this format actually works. :wink:

Especially with NJ and BP in the fold... :twisted:

What would be the buy-in??

I'll consider you all interested. :lol: If I don't hear back from the last two owners who haven't checked in by June 13th (give em two more weeks), I will consider you all in.
This format definitely works, based on last year. This was easily the most fun and competitive league I was in. This is the only money league I'm in and I stay committed till the end in every shark league I play in, win or lose. Pride>Money. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 13:12 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32669
Sand$: 55519
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
A few things that the league can vote on once we get the league totally filled and finalized...

1. Name of the league. I created this name in jest with the intention of changing it... just didn't happen. I'll take nominations for any name for the league and put the top three to a vote.
2. Breakdown for the money portion. I'll give a tentative list of how many owners we have paying which may steer what direction to go (i.e. how to split it up). Also, just a heads-up for those on the waiting list, I'll give preference to those who will participate in the money, but right now it looks like all 5 on the waiting list might be able to get in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 18:24 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 06.12.2007, 20:49
Posts: 8400
Sand$: 38449
Donate
unimsw wrote:
Pride>Money. :wink:


well said, uni! In a redraft there's no reason for me to tank a season! Last year, #1 seed had 9 wins and 4 teams were in contention for the final playoff spot in the last week. At the very least, it was a balanced league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 06.13.2010, 21:26 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.31.2006, 19:28
Posts: 32669
Sand$: 55519
Donate
Location: Home of UNI Panthers
min.gif
Here's something I've been mulling over. Any thoughts on splitting the league into two identical leagues, one with money and one without? People could be in both if they want and I would commish them both. The only thing that would be a potential barrier is finding enough people to do the money league. I've had more people interested than I have space for in this league, so this might be a good solution. If there aren't any objections, I will go ahead and create a separate thread for the non-money league. People just need to let me know if they want to be in one or both of the leagues.
Here's what I have so far...

$$$ League:
1. Me
2-4. Non-sharks
5. Mtsclover
6. Stroshow143
7. Black Plague
8. NikeJohn
9. NytRanger
10.
11.
12.

Free League:
1. Me
2. mark3
3. r2000
4. Non-shark
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

Not sure which league they would want to do:
1. Grant20
2. HurricaneDT


Last edited by unimsw on Thu 06.17.2010, 09:48, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 06.14.2010, 12:08 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.11.2004, 17:57
Posts: 16691
Sand$: 250
Donate
Location: cutting Jerry Jones brake lines
dal.gif
To me it would be hard to commish both leagues but more power to you if you can..I will play in a free league due to some circumstances I already Pm'd Unimsw about...I also understand if you are able just to run one league and it's a money league that you'll take money league guys first..no problem with that at all..I understand that also...so whatever you decide I'm in for the free league or will get bumped if you only have a money league..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 06.14.2010, 12:34 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 12.21.2006, 07:15
Posts: 23050
Sand$: 89002
Donate
Location: On The Edge Of Insanity
oak.gif
i'm pretty sure NJ and Snake would want to be involved in the $ league

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 06.14.2010, 13:48 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 06.12.2007, 20:49
Posts: 8400
Sand$: 38449
Donate
Third and Long wrote:
To me it would be hard to commish both leagues but more power to you if you can..I will play in a free league due to some circumstances I already Pm'd Unimsw about...I also understand if you are able just to run one league and it's a money league that you'll take money league guys first..no problem with that at all..I understand that also...so whatever you decide I'm in for the free league or will get bumped if you only have a money league..


TAL, I am in the same boat as you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 06.14.2010, 16:57 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.24.2004, 09:19
Posts: 1029
Sand$: 14
Donate
Location: Arlington, TeXas
dal.gif
Put me in the $$$ League!!!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group