FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.02.2014, 09:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PostPosted: Tue 12.07.2010, 11:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54505
Donate
min.gif
With one week remaining, only one team (me.. woot woot!) has locked up a playoff spot in the money league. There are still six additional teams in the running for a playoff spot.
The Junkies (9-4) will get in. There is basically no way they won't get in. So that boils it down to two spots for five teams.
Both J-Russell and Hurricanes (8-5) are in a situation where if they win they are in.
The Dirty Birds (8-5) have a good shot at sneaking in the backdoor (if you're into that sort of thing) if they win and either J-Russell or the Hurricanes loses.
BP (7-6) needs to win and have at least two of the 8-5 teams to lose while scoring more total overall points than the two losing teams.
NJ (7-6) while technically isn't eliminated yet has virtually no chance to get in by virtue of his points scored total.
Everyone else is eliminated and is playing for the upset!

PostPosted: Tue 12.07.2010, 12:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
The free league is basically a runaway by two teams, Beau's Bandits and Almighty Hacks, who have much better records than the rest of the rabble and have locked up playoff spots.
The battle for the last two spots is more complicated. Seven teams are potential candidates for these spots.
J-Russell (7-6) is in a win and you're in situation.
Love it Leave it and the Junkies (both 7-6) need to win and beat the other team in points scored (LiLi has a sizable advantage at the moment) or if both win and J-Russell loses then both of these teams would get in.
The remaining four teams, Horny Toad, Hatchet Job, Arrogant Bstrd, Careful with the Ax (6-7) all need to win, have two or more of the 7-6 teams lose and have more total points scored than the 7-6 losers. Horny Toads has the best shot at this happening as they play a 7-6 team and have high points scored. The rest of us are in trouble...

PostPosted: Tue 12.07.2010, 23:12 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 371
Donate
oak.gif
In the immortal words of Al Davis "Just Win Baby".

If I go 2/2 on playoff appearances I'll forgive jaskittle Russel

PostPosted: Tue 12.14.2010, 00:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Congrats to the playoff teams! Hurricane... you got lucky! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 12.20.2010, 23:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
\:D/ :party-smiley-050:

PostPosted: Wed 12.22.2010, 15:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
A lot of people wonder about the outcomes of the teams due to the 3RR draft format possibly favoring teams drafting at the end. I took a look at where the playoff teams drafted...
In the money league, the four playoff teams drafted in the 2, 3, 7 and 11 positions.
In the free league, the four playoffs teams drafted in the 1, 2, 7 and 10 positions.
So it looks like it was pretty evenly distributed, if not leaning toward the front of the draft. As is true in any draft format, if you blow your first round pick (thank you Larry Fitz and Deangelo Williams at the turn) you will have a hard time recovering.
This would lend further support to continuing with 3RR format. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu 12.23.2010, 00:12 
Leopard Shark

Donate
oak.gif
I made the playoffs in both leagues drafted out of the 2nd and 7th seed. The 7th seed team lost both Gore/SS and had a dead Moss. I like the Bonzai draft and will be rejoining next year if the league is ran.

You have plans to do the $$$ once again minus the non-payment players?

PostPosted: Thu 12.23.2010, 00:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
_DoTTeR_ wrote:
I made the playoffs in both leagues drafted out of the 2nd and 7th seed. The 7th seed team lost both Gore/SS and had a dead Moss. I like the Bonzai draft and will be rejoining next year if the league is ran.

I don't know. Something I'll have to think about. If we can get a full league early enough and paid up before the draft, I would probably do it. Just too much stress with people not paying, saying they paid when they didn't, finding last minute replacement owners, etc etc etc. I LOVE the league setup with scoring and draft... just the details that muddy things up.

PostPosted: Fri 12.24.2010, 09:43 
Leopard Shark

Donate
oak.gif
unimsw wrote:
_DoTTeR_ wrote:

I don't know. Something I'll have to think about. If we can get a full league early enough and paid up before the draft, I would probably do it. Just too much stress with people not paying, saying they paid when they didn't, finding last minute replacement owners, etc etc etc. I LOVE the league setup with scoring and draft... just the details that muddy things up.

I can bring in a friend 100%, he was going to buy-in if we reset the draft (Rodgers/Fitz) team. Just keep me updated on your decision.

PostPosted: Tue 12.28.2010, 23:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Congrats to Beau for winning the Free league. You led the way the entire year and deserved to win. Oddly the #1 seeds in both leagues won. That usually doesn't happen. On that note, congrats to myself for winning the $$$ league by .19 points (pending stat corrections). With the $50 points championship, I will also get the $250 league championship money for a total of $300. Tom (aka Junkies) takes second and $150. Congrats everyone a good year!

PostPosted: Tue 12.28.2010, 23:57 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1345
Donate
dal.gif
unimsw wrote:
_DoTTeR_ wrote:

Uni, if you decide to run the $$$ league next year, let me know. I will probably be interested in taking a spot.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 02:57 
Leopard Shark

Donate
oak.gif
Any word on the league this year? I'll shoot you a PM.

If any other league people from last year have a open money league with up to $100 and PPR no IDP PM me.

PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 12:49 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 14
Donate
dal.gif
Due to my current state of confusion (life in general) I am not returning to this league should it/they reform this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25