2011 Uberleague

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1993
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003
Sand$: 1,278.00
post-game waiver activity? :-k
_______________________________________

"Boy, I am sure glad we grabbed that punter in the third round. He is fabulous! Look at how the other team just FEARS our punter!"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19110
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,695.84
PrimeMover wrote:post-game waiver activity? :-k


Mr. Commissioner, the Thursday players should have been locked. [-X
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004
Sand$: 10,756.78
gballs1 wrote:
PrimeMover wrote:post-game waiver activity? :-k


Mr. Commissioner, the Thursday players should have been locked. [-X


oh crap I forgot about that. Okay give me a little bit to fix this.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004
Sand$: 10,756.78
Okay, I fixed the loop hole and reverted the following waivers:

2. Philadelphia Primates Waiver

* acquired Vilma, Jonathan NOS LB
* dropped Spikes, Brandon NEP LB

Fri Sep 9 2:35:20 p.m. ET 2011
3. Every Good Hero Needs a Monkey Sidekick Waiver

* acquired Sproles, Darren NOS RB
* dropped Vilma, Jonathan NOS LB

Fri Sep 9 10:34:38 a.m. ET 2011
4. Indomitable Lions Waiver

* acquired Henderson, Devery NOS WR
* dropped Brown, Donald IND RB

Fri Sep 9 10:31:31 a.m. ET 2011
5. Brian Cushing's Overtrained Athletic Syndromes Waiver

* acquired Cobb, Randall GBP WR
* dropped Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Fri Sep 9 8:28:49 a.m. ET 2011
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1993
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003
Sand$: 1,278.00
:thumbright:
_______________________________________

"Boy, I am sure glad we grabbed that punter in the third round. He is fabulous! Look at how the other team just FEARS our punter!"
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35618
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003
Sand$: 16,651.00
The Carolina Panthers fear that LB Jon Beason (Achilles') has torn his left Achilles' tendon and is out for the year, according to two sources.

CRAP. :F
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1993
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003
Sand$: 1,278.00
whelp... just threw 42% of my draft class on the waiver wire after one week's action...

some things never change... :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017: :action-smiley-017:
_______________________________________

"Boy, I am sure glad we grabbed that punter in the third round. He is fabulous! Look at how the other team just FEARS our punter!"
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004
Sand$: 10,756.78
PrimeMover wrote:whelp... just threw 42% of my draft class on the waiver wire after one week's action...


I can't say that this is much of a surprise.

:lol:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Nov 4, 2003
Sand$: 11,366.06
I did the same thing, prime. But it was part of my draft strategy. I punted DE/DB until the last few rounds and figured i'd work the wire for 3-4 weeks solidifying that position because i found myself doing that to an extent every year. Figured i could win with minimal output from those positions if i had a solid offense.

0-1 so far, but I would have won had Kaeding not gotten injured on the opening kickoff. Bummer.
_______________________________________

11-time Über League Loser
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14714
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 37,793.82
trilogy wrote:I did the same thing, prime. But it was part of my draft strategy. I punted DE/DB until the last few rounds and figured i'd work the wire for 3-4 weeks solidifying that position because i found myself doing that to an extent every year. Figured i could win with minimal output from those positions if i had a solid offense.

0-1 so far, but I would have won had Kaeding not gotten injured on the opening kickoff. Bummer.


That's what you get for drafting a kicker 4 rounds too early.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Nov 4, 2003
Sand$: 11,366.06
hard 10 wrote:
trilogy wrote:I did the same thing, prime. But it was part of my draft strategy. I punted DE/DB until the last few rounds and figured i'd work the wire for 3-4 weeks solidifying that position because i found myself doing that to an extent every year. Figured i could win with minimal output from those positions if i had a solid offense.

0-1 so far, but I would have won had Kaeding not gotten injured on the opening kickoff. Bummer.


That's what you get for drafting a kicker 4 rounds too early.


No doubt, but I still maintain a kicker is more valuable in that spot then what was available elsewhere in the starting DE/DB range. I just happened to pick the bullet in the russian roulette kicker game. No worries.
_______________________________________

11-time Über League Loser
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Nov 4, 2003
Sand$: 11,366.06
279 is a good score when your 3 LBs combine for 16 right?

So close to the record.
_______________________________________

11-time Über League Loser
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19110
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,695.84
I'm actually glad Arian Foster is hurt. Stop the guessing and saddle up the Ben Tate Train. CHOO-CHOOO BAY-BEE!
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6049
Joined: Tue Nov 4, 2003
Sand$: 11,366.06
Quick question, i have real bad matchups in one league @ QB - Eli vs Philly and Bradford vs Balt.

Want to pickup 1 qb for a 1 week flier

Which do you think:

Fitz vs NE
Sanchez @ OAK
_______________________________________

11-time Über League Loser
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004
Sand$: 10,756.78
:-k

Sanchez @ OAK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bergeneric, gniusthemc, redbone and 1 guest