FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.22.2014, 02:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri 09.02.2011, 22:14 
SandShark

Sand$: 176
Donate
was.gif
Coach Dave had a horrible draft in the recent 2011 PJF 2011 draft. Their RabidHog franchise came away with the number 10 ranked draft (out of 12) in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

RabidHog made their best pick of the draft in round 3, selecting Philip Rivers with the 35th pick of the draft, as compared to the 26th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's got the skills," RabidHog coach Dave said.

RabidHog made their worst pick of the draft in round 2, selecting Jahvid Best with the 23rd pick of the draft, as compared to the 35th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "His attitude is a question mark," RabidHog coach Dave said.

RabidHog owner Dave committed a fairly major draft blunder, drafting only 0 starting PK, but league rules require him to have at least 1 to submit a valid week 1 lineup. Compounding matters, starting in week 5, they won't be able to submit a full lineup, due to having 1 defensive team on bye.

With a little bit of work on the waiver wire this season, or a few strategic trades, coach Dave should be able to turn their 10th ranked draft effort into a championship fantasy team this year

-B.S.

PostPosted: Sun 09.04.2011, 00:24 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1622
Donate
no.gif
unimsw wrote:
Yahoo has proclaimed that Team Awesome had the best draft as well. Here are the MFL rankings:

1. dotter
2. Pesky Penguins
3. Team Awesome
4. JM3
5. r2000
6. mark3
7. unimsw
8. ronman
9. Jordan
10. Rabidhog
11. Acme Packers
12. Todd

Hmm... I'm going with these over yours! Makes me feel better haha

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 04:04 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 371
Donate
oak.gif
I think I'm dumb I don't see these rankings, where do I go to see them?

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 07:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55121
Donate
min.gif
_DoTTeR_ wrote:

When you view the draft results on MFL it allows you to select a few options (Grid Format, Full Format or Draft Recap). Click Draft Recap.
Here's what it says for you:
Quote:
dotter's Coach had an impressive showing in the recent 2011 PJF 2011 draft. Their dotter franchise came away feeling exuberant about their top grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

dotter made their best pick of the draft in round 2, selecting Frank Gore with the 22nd pick of the draft, as compared to the 16th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He reminds me of a young John Elway," dotter coach said.

dotter made their worst pick of the draft in round 9, selecting Malcom Floyd with the 99th pick of the draft, as compared to the 112nd spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "I know some are thinking that he will be this year's Ryan Leaf," dotter coach said.

Starting in week 7, dotter won't be able to submit a full lineup, due to having 1 defensive team on bye.

Time will tell if dotter can take their top-ranked draft all the way to the league championship.

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 07:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
_DoTTeR_ wrote:

I have you as the #2 team. I think with your RBs you'll make the playoffs (as long as they stay healthy).

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 19:09 
SandShark

Donate
was.gif
According to footballguys.com Team Rater I have a 39% chance at winning the league with my roster as is. I am going to cry like Cedric Benson for my Momma if that is the case :(

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 21:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
RabidHog wrote:
According to footballguys.com Team Rater I have a 39% chance at winning the league with my roster as is. I am going to cry like Cedric Benson for my Momma if that is the case :(

I couldn't find where it told me my likelihood of winning, but they did tell me this:
Quote:
With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 68 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Scoring wasn't really all that customizable, but I did like the report they pumped out.

PostPosted: Tue 09.06.2011, 22:55 
SandShark

Donate
was.gif
That was the percentage if I had average inseason management

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 22:04 
SandShark

Donate
was.gif
Could I possibly have the commisioner swap out Lance Moore from my lineup? He was out for the game, and I meant to put in another WR yesterday when I got home from work. Unfortunately I live in Southern O.C. California where a massive blackout shut me down for the night. If my opponent doesn't want to allow it, then I will take the hit to my lineup. I just ask that due to my circumstances, I be given some grace.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat 09.10.2011, 07:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
RabidHog wrote:
Could I possibly have the commisioner swap out Lance Moore from my lineup? He was out for the game, and I meant to put in another WR yesterday when I got home from work. Unfortunately I live in Southern O.C. California where a massive blackout shut me down for the night. If my opponent doesn't want to allow it, then I will take the hit to my lineup. I just ask that due to my circumstances, I be given some grace.

Thanks

That would be a very bad habit to get into, but considering the circumstances I will check with your opponent. This is a one-time deal though. In the future, if you have a questionable player in your lineup that doesn't play... that's your problem. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat 09.10.2011, 17:05 
SandShark

Donate
was.gif
Thank you commish. I appreciate it

PostPosted: Sun 09.11.2011, 16:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Man, I ran into a buzz saw today. Compound that with starting the Cleveland D instead of the Bears and I got beat up pretty bad. :(

PostPosted: Sun 09.11.2011, 18:54 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1367
Donate
dal.gif
unimsw wrote:
Here are my preseason rankings. Please take these with a grain of salt. You can see I clearly favor teams who secured top RBs, especially if they are not in a timeshare. With the scoring setup and ability to play 3 RBs, they are way more valuable than WRs. I didn't spend a whole heck of a lot of time analyzing each team and it was very hard to assign rankings as there were several teams that were clumped together in terms of where I think they should rank. Tiers probably would have been a better way to do it. In all honesty, I think there are 10 teams that could legitimately make the playoffs if they get a little luck on their side as far as injuries or sleepers/young guys panning out. In any case, here ya go, have at it:

1. Team Awesome – Very close to dotter’s team (see below). Great RBs, solid QBs, decent starting WRs. A bit weak at TE, but Graham has a lot of upside. No real weaknesses are apparent. Just gotta hope that Indy passing game stays effective. If not, you’re in trouble.

2. dotter – Best RB trio of any team in the league. Romo is solid. Biggest weaknesses are iffy WRs (need Bowe to repeat last year, which he won’t, and Britt to come back and be elite) and low end starting TEs. If they step up, you could be sitting as the top team at year’s end.

3. ronman – some solid starters, but I would worry a bit about Hightower and/or Mathews keeping their job. If they do, you’ll be set and have a good shot at the playoffs. If not, better work the wire. WR3 is lacking and low end starting QBs hurt just a bit.

4. R2000 – AD + a gaggle of solid WRs will make this team competitive. Easily the best WR group in the league. Need some of the young guys (especially Ingram and Stafford) to step up or you might run into trouble. Should make the playoffs.

5. Rabid Hog – You have a few studs, but I would worry about not having a true WR1. A few WR2’s and 3’s that might step up or might flop. Hard to say. Low upside RB3’s as well. If Starks takes over as GB RB in the second half, that would certainly help a playoff run.

6. Pesky Penguins (norticans) – Solid at all positions, but RBs after McCoy are iffy.

7. unimsw – Solid starters at every position. Biggest concern is health of RBs. MJD, Hillis and Wells are all at risk of injury due to their history and the amount of touches they will get. If they stay healthy, I will make the playoffs. If not, it may be a struggle. Good thing I’ve already backed up the top two injury risks (MJD/Wells). Solid PPR WRs and Daniels is going to be back as an elite TE. Bench is lacking, so health is the key here.

8. JM3 – You have 4.24 (who fell too far) at RB and then a bunch of backups and timeshare RBs. In a league that rewards getting a bunch of touches, that might be a problem. I like the WRs, but TEs are both TE2’s (with some upside).

9. Jordan – Taking Vick in the first round made it so that you have to reach for RBs and WRs and hope someone pans out. SJax, Addai and Bush all have some good upside at RB, but they are all very high risk. Same with Gates at TE. I would bet at least two or three of the aforementioned guys (Vick, SJax, Addai, Bush and Gates) will not play 16 games this year. WRs are really kind of weak too. Dez and Collie are decent as a WR2/3, but no other decent WR on the roster that I would want to start.

10. mark3 – This team is going to rely on Foster being a super stud again this year. With a bad hammy, I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Grant is being outplayed by Starks, so will probably be in a timeshare at best. Bradshaw is a solid #2 RB, but Jacob looks to have a bigger role this year. At WR you have Lloyd and Maclin, both high risk/high reward guys (Lloyd due to his fluky year last, potential for Tebow to start and a focus on the run in Denver and Maclin due to his unnamed illness) and no real legit starters after those two. Low end TEs.

11. Acme Packers – Great QB, decent top two RBs, decent #1 WR… no depth, no legit flex play and crappy TEs will hold this team back.

12. Todd – What a drafting disaster. Grabbed a few elite players (Brady, AJ, Witten) and has a solid upside RB1, but no depth to speak of, particularly at WR. I wouldn’t want Branch, Nelson or Hankerson as my #3, let alone my #2 WR.

FTFY... :D

PostPosted: Sun 09.11.2011, 19:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
ronman44817 wrote:

FTFY... :D

Only week one, buddy. I was a big favorite going into today, so lots of your guys overperformed and mine underperformed (most notably Ryan/White connection).

PostPosted: Tue 09.13.2011, 00:26 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 371
Donate
oak.gif
To top my losing by .42 last year in the money playoffs, just lost by .6 in my money masters league.

We'll get on the other side some time :F

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next