Rosters & (Starters)
- QB: 1-4 (1)
RB: 1-8 (1)
WR: 1-8 (1)
TE: 1-8 (1)
PK -1-3 (1)
PN- 1-3 (1)
Offensive Flex: (+3, RB/WR/TE)
DT: 1-6 (1)
DE: 1-8 (2)
LB: 1-8 (3)
DB: 1-8 (3)
Defensive Flex: (+2 DL/LB/DB)
Roster size: 42
Practice Squad: 10 players
TBC. BUT ... each position will be scored differently. On both sides of the ball.
The aim of the league is to reflect that player talent > player position, so that the draft more closely reflect RL drafts rather than RB, WR, WR, QB, WR, RB, Rb etc. & trades for DTs & CBs will happen as frequently as at other positions. Ive seen it work.
In the NFL, where different approaches can be successful (swarming secondary or dominant DL vs air raid, smashmouth or twin TEs), the same will be true that many roads lead to Rome (and success) here.
There are 2 or 3 leagues im in which normalize scoring this way. Ill probably plagiarize unashamedly from all of them.
Practice Squad NOT Taxi Squad
* 10 players.
* If you have a player on your PS that has started and accrued any stats in 2 (or more) NFL games? He can be signed off your PS by another Franchise, as happens in the NFL
* Compensation is available when this happens.
* The team acquiring the player from another franchises PS will forfeit a pick commensurate w/ either draft rnd pick used +1 rnd (ie if you drafted a player in the 4th, the other team will have to forfeit a 3rd to sign the player) OR// if acquired via WW it will be a flat 4th
* Any team signing the player from another teams PS must immediately promote him to Main squad & he cannot be demoted at any point. So, if you plan on poaching a player? Be prepared.
* Once players are promoted from PS - for whatever reason - they cannot be placed back on PS by the same team. Only another team may do this now.
* A player is eligible for PS at any point within the first 4yrs of being named to a 53 man official NFL roster.
* Any player 4yrs removed from the above date is not only non-eligible to be placed on PS but, if already on it, must be promoted off PS & onto your Main squad.
* Players on PS will be exempt from year-to-year salary increases.
Salaries & Cap
Cap will be in-line with NFL cap. Current NFL cap is $168,000,000. We'll keep it at 4 figures ($1,680)
All players on Main, unless under Franchise, RFA, Long Term Ext, will accrue a 10% increase in salary per season.
Players on PS will not.
Reagardless of contract status, any player cut will count 200% of their salary vs cap, BUT only for 1 season, to more closely emulate NFL protocols for accelerated bonuses/salaries etc when cut
eg If a player you want to cut an aging player who just dropped off a cliff production wise and you'd just dropped a 5yr $120 contract? He will count $240 in the current cap yr but ONLY for that current cap year, rather than - say - $60 for next 4 yrs.
Players on IR will count only 25% of their salary towards the cap (to allow owners to bring in FA replacements)
Hard cap will always be in effect except for the post season (End of championship game, thru RFA, FAs, thru till post-draft) to allow for trades, player acquistions and movement etc.
Each team may Franchise 1 player per season.
$ value will be either 120% of current salary OR// avg of top 5 contracts at his position, whichever is the greater value. Per NFL formula.
No player may be franchised more than twice at the same team. Shouldn't happen often considering the greater of the two formulas will always be used.
Each team may offer up to 3 RFA tags.
The tag may only be extended to a player ONCE whilst at a teams roster.
It is, like the long term & franchise tag extensions, only available to Out Of Contract players.
Is only for a 1yr period.
The original team will set the tag level:
- 1st rnd pick = $100
2nd rnd pick = $75
3rd rnd pick = $25
7th rnd/Original Tender Pick = $0 (<only valid for players that were previously undrafted in any yr, by any team)
- Long term contract extensions:
There's a maximum of 2 available per team.
Contract lengths will be 4yrs
The value of the contract will be the avg of the top 10 players at their position.
Each team may extend these contracts to any player, at any point in their contracts, but only ONCE per player, per team.
7 round draft to be held the week following the NFL draft
Rnd 1 picks: 4yrs @50
Rnd 2 picks: 3yrs @40
Rnd 3 picks: 3yrs @30
Rnd 4-7 picks: 2yrs @10
When a player is acquired via WW, the new team owner may designate a contract yr length (1-4)
Minimum salary is $0.50
BBWW setup that will run on Wednesday
Followed by FCFS that will run a few hrs later.
Waivers will open the week before NFL Preseason Week 1
Waivers will close prior to KO of NFL Superbowl
There will be 8 IR places.
They will only be available to players w/IR status.
There is enough flexibility in starting lineup to allow for a competitive lineup& there will also be enough parity of scoring to allow that you wont be at a disadvantage whether you are starting 3 TEs or 4 DTs.
Players must be removed from IR and team comply with roster restrictions 2 weeks prior to RFA & FA opening.
Provided cap and roster requirements are met, trades of any player of any status are allowed.
Trading deadline is prior to the KO of wk10 games
Trading window reopens 1 week prior to RFA & FA opening.
Will be setup as per the NFL
No league dues. My treat.
Any interest? Post here, PM or email.