FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.01.2014, 18:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 140  Next
PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 12:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46088
Donate
ne.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:
I do have a glut of RB, but with both Moreno and mendenhall possibly starting the season on the pup list, I have a plan to keep all RB under contract until midseason or next season.

However, if anyone wants to speculate, every RB on my roster is available except Stewart and Richardson.

Reggie bush
Mendenhall
Blount
Deangelo
Moreno
Dwyer

Also Ryan Williams and Vereen, but only for first round picks or similar value, which i doubt people will pay.

Let me know if interested.

Dwyer - TS
Vereen - TS
Richardson - TS

1. Moreno IR/PUP
2. Mendy IR/PUP
3. Williams IR/PUP

Main - Dwill
Main - Jstew
Main - Bush
Main - Blount

Its a squeeze and he'll potentially lose players come week 7 (end of PUP?) if he doesnt get a trade, but doable.

Just?

You got it, except push dwyer from taxi to active as he is not taxi eligible, and add Ryan Williams to taxi.

I have a few weeks to see what I think of dwyer and blount, then I activate Mendy or Moreno.

If any of my players get hurt, I don't have to cut or trade anyone.

I mention this in case people are waiting for me to drop anyone... i plan on entering the season with ten RB on my roster and seeing who deserves to stay. Now is the time to speculate if you think anyone will be good, because I am willing to trade without knowing.

Moreno, for example, could come back healthy and be great with manning. Or Cle drafts Richardson and TB goes another direction in round 2, allowing blount to enter the season as the starter.

I don't have an f'ing clue what will happen in the draft or during the season, so I am keeping all and hoping for the best.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 12:10 

Sand$: 96161
Donate
You still need to drop/not re-sign 2 of J Stew, Bush, Medy, Moreno, Blount, DeAng, and Dwyer.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 12:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
You still need to drop/not re-sign 2 of J Stew, Bush, Medy, Moreno, Blount, DeAng, and Dwyer.

No, because if Mendy and Moreno open the season on the pup list, they are IR eligible.

Until they are active in training camp, I can keep them on IR.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 12:33 

Donate
Cyguy84 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

No, because if Mendy and Moreno open the season on the pup list, they are IR eligible.

Fairly sure that's not the case.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 12:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Fairly sure that's not the case.

I am not trying to argue, so please take my comments as stating a case instead of being confrontational.

The bylaws state:
Each franchise has the ability to add player(s) to their Injured Reserve list if desired. A player qualifies for the IR by either being on the NFL’s official IR, listed as OUT on the official injury report released each Friday, or listed as DOUBTFUL on the official injury report released each Friday. An owner who keeps a player that does not meet the above criteria on IR will be penalized at the league’s discretion. In-season, any player on IR, who is not eligible for IR, will be dropped from their team's roster.

We don't have to be under the roster limits until a week after the auction. If the auction is earlier than training camp, there might be some confusion, but I think anyone employing this practice with the right intent (as in, the assumption a player will be on pup list) would be protected.

The way I interpret the rule is that anyone on the nfl official IR as out or doubtful is eligible for IR. To put another way, unless a player is suspended or active on game day, the player is eligible for IR.

What I intend to do is place Mendy and Moreno on IR until they are activated off the pup list. In training camp it is not called the pup list, but you get what I mean. So long as they are still eligible for pup, they are eligible for IR. As soon as they are active in training camp they are ineligible for pup and I will activate them.

Technically, there is no penalty until a player is left on the ir when active on game day. However, I am not trying to skirt the rules, just recognize that both of these players are likely to begin the season on pup. Therefore, I don't think there is cause for me to be penalized at the leagues discretion.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:08 

Donate
One of the reasons why the wording 'must be compliant within one week after the auction' was drafted was because of cases like this.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15043
Donate
OarChambo wrote:
One of the reasons why the wording 'must be compliant within one week after the auction' was drafted was because of cases like this.

Whens the auction planned for? If its week 6, theres no need to change plans :thumbright:

In all seriousness though ... when is it planned for, have we got a date or we still kicking it around? :-k

Just want to get in/reiterate that im kinda busy between July 28th to August 15th - but anything before or after is groovy :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:29 

Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Whens the auction planned for? If its week 6, theres no need to change plans :thumbright:

In all seriousness though ... when is it planned for, have we got a date or we still kicking it around? :-k

Just want to get in/reiterate that im kinda busy between July 28th to August 15th - but anything before or after is groovy :thumbright:

I was going to propose Sunday evening June 10, 17, 24, or July 1. Backup plan is a weekday night in June in the same timeframe. Not 100% but I think everyone that spoke up had no issues with mid-late June, think checo may have had an issue with June 10 but am not sure. My schedule gets ugly in July and I'm on vacation the same time as you in August. Wasn't planning on bringing it up for another couple of weeks but since it's out there lets go!

Speak up if any of the above dates absolutely do not work.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:

And I will be compliant. Those two players will be on IR.

Until they are active in training camp, they are on the NFL IR report as out.

If you want to amend the rules, I am afraid it will have to take effect next year, just like every proposal I wanted to take effect immediately such as allowing jesteva a chance at waivers.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 13:41 

Donate
If you keep those 2 players on the IR they will be dropped from your roster.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 14:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
If you keep those 2 players on the IR they will be dropped from your roster.

You are right, they will be dropped from my roster if on IR when they are active in the NFL.

Until then, they are IR eligible.

I am still waiting for you to show me anything saying they are not other than you dont want them to be.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 14:16 

Donate
You're taking the rules out of context because they benefit you. If they need to be re-written to more accurately reflect their intent I think the lawyer should go through the entire by-laws and re-write them because I'm not a lawyer...especially if that lawyer is going to bend the rules and use that language to his advantage.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 14:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
You're taking the rules out of context because they benefit you. If they need to be re-written to more accurately reflect their intent I think the lawyer should go through the entire by-laws and re-write them because I'm not a lawyer...especially if that lawyer is going to bend the rules and use that language to his advantage.

I will gladly go through the by laws and fix them.

But it isn't taking it out of context. In the same way that the NFL allows pup list, I am interpreting the IR to include this.

I am fine if you want to force me to gamble like this: I can put someone on IR after the auctions and if they are not on the pup list, and therefore would not be eligible for IR, they are cut.

That keeps the intent of the rules as you see them but allows for the ir to include pup list without people taking advantage of it.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 14:33 

Donate
The intent was to ensure no owner leaves the auction with more than 5 rb's, 7 wr's, 4 dl's (now), and 3 of everything else.

PostPosted: Fri 04.06.2012, 14:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
The intent was to ensure no owner leaves the auction with more than 5 rb's, 7 wr's, 4 dl's (now), and 3 of everything else.

That can't possibly be the case.

The same section that says taxi squad doesn't count against roster limits says that IR doesn't count against roster limits.

So as always, teams are not allowed to have more than 5rb except for IR and taxi.

Going by your I interpretation you can't have anyone on taxi either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 140  Next