User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
ok lets get a discussion about some of the rookie qbs dynasty value.

Kolb - tied to Mcnabb , but if McNabb is either injured or out of philly(hypothetical) how do you think he would perform? I've never seen him play so I dont know what to expect.
_______________________________________

Tiger Shark
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Sep 8, 2005
Sand$: 770.00
I think Kolb is a very good QB but like you said he is behind McNabb.
There is an interesting article on NFL.com about the prospect of the rookie QBs turning out to be good players in the NFL. Seems that the common denominator that made a college QB a good NFL QB was the amount of games they started in College. Three year plus starters have the advantage.
Kolb started 50 and McNabb started 49.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/qb
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
ok what about Trent Edwards. I think he is a good option for buffalo. Losman has been a major dissapointment and if he struggles early i wont be suprised if Edwards is starting by mid season.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31575
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 32,931.88
edwards is garbage and losman has been showing signs of life.....i think he will improve further this year.....and again, edwards blows.....
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 50088
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 103,879.24
SJSwarm wrote:edwards is garbage and losman has been showing signs of life.....i think he will improve further this year.....and again, edwards blows.....
While I am not disputing the sucktitude of Edwards, Kolb is a helluva lot worse than him. I promise.
_______________________________________

Follow me @mchamberlin32
User avatar
Leopard Shark
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005
Sand$: 580.00
Ahhh, the fun that is discussing the outlook of rookies in the NFL! It's amazing sometimes how far apart the opinions of two people can be on the same player.
I'm really no expert on these kind of things, so take it for what it's worth. Things like coaching and situation have a big impact on rookies. It's been said several times that Russell has thrown the ball like 60 yards while on one knee...so what, as an NFL QB do you typically throw a ball from that position? Yes, I understand the main point for saying that is that he has a STRONG arm, ok, good.
I've also heard it said that the closer you are to the ball in the formation (e.g. QB versus WR) the more difficult it is to transition to the NFL. I haven't really seen any of the QB's drafted this year play in college so I can't comment other than what I've heard.

To echo what Swarm said, I've heard that BUF likes Losman and he did show signs of life last year.
_______________________________________

Cyclones (9-2, Salary Cap Dynasty League)
QB: Romo*, Thigpen
RB: Addai*, Forte*, Portis*, McGahee, S Young
WR: A Johnson*, Calvin Johnson*, G. Jennings*, L Evans
TE: Gates*, Daniels
K: Crosby
D: Vikings
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006
Sand$: 133.00
the real question is still what to do with Brady Quinn. He walks into a starting job with a HUGE talent protecting his blind side. Edwards is a potential top flight receiver, winslow is an a--, but when he plays he is mostly open. I think he falls into a leinert type spot... 2 years and he is the man/ or he's tony manderich. We keep 5 in our league with 3 rookie that we can protect on our taxi. I have Palmer and would not hesitate to pull the trigger on Quinn at the 7 pick of our 12 team league. I can hide him for free and wait and see.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7373
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003
Sand$: 1,334.34
Quinn @ 7 is very much in line with where he ought to go, assuming that there are no brain farts in the top 6 picks. If anything, he might be gone at 5-6 depending on the positional needs of the teams above you. If that is the case, then you get one of the tier 2 or 3 RBs falling to you at 7
_______________________________________

Tiki: Stop being such a jerk!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
ok what about John Beck and the Miami Dolphins??
_______________________________________

Great White Shark
Posts: 7764
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003
Sand$: 229.00
jetsman2806 wrote:ok what about John Beck and the Miami Dolphins??


For that you have to assume that C-pep is done. If he's not done, I could see C-pep playing another 4-5 years - a long time to wait even on a QB prospect (assuming you are talking about our common league) especially with a small bench that we have.

But if he's done - and the Trent Green rumors are true - then I'd definitely keep my eye on him.
_______________________________________

:slug:
[b] 2009 4th & Goal Dynasty League Champion!!!! [/b]
My Ultimate Fan Super Bowl: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Philadelphia Eagles
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:ok what about John Beck and the Miami Dolphins??


For that you have to assume that C-pep is done. If he's not done, I could see C-pep playing another 4-5 years - a long time to wait even on a QB prospect (assuming you are talking about our common league) especially with a small bench that we have.

But if he's done - and the Trent Green rumors are true - then I'd definitely keep my eye on him.


i was thinking overall but now that you mentioned it what do u want for green?? lol

Cpep to me I think he is done in Miami. I wont be suprised if he is released before the start of the season. As for Green being traded I am guessing there is a chance of it happening. If he isnt traded what are the chances of the cheifs releasing him outright?
_______________________________________

Great White Shark
Posts: 7373
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003
Sand$: 1,334.34
Beck is an interesting scenario. Selecting a QB in round 2 says a lot about what they think of CPepp. Could it be that they have seen little to no improvement with CPepp since his ill-advised attempt at starting the season? I think the answer to that question starts and finishes with Trent Green. If they sign Green, they know that CPepp is done in Miami. Otherwise, why deal for him when they could very well get him in on a FA tryout?

So, with that said, if Green goes to Miami, I see Beck being the next QB in Miami (2008 or 9). Green is no spring chicken (37 this year)...
_______________________________________

Tiki: Stop being such a jerk!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
cpstorm wrote:Beck is an interesting scenario. Selecting a QB in round 2 says a lot about what they think of CPepp. Could it be that they have seen little to no improvement with CPepp since his ill-advised attempt at starting the season? I think the answer to that question starts and finishes with Trent Green. If they sign Green, they know that CPepp is done in Miami. Otherwise, why deal for him when they could very well get him in on a FA tryout?

So, with that said, if Green goes to Miami, I see Beck being the next QB in Miami (2008 or 9). Green is no spring chicken (37 this year)...


true, I have heard that Cameron loves Beck, they think he is the most mature and ready QB in the draft class.
_______________________________________

Tiger Shark
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Sep 8, 2005
Sand$: 770.00
I am gonna go real far out on a limb here and make this prediction. John Beck is the starting QB for the Dolphins for the 2007 season. As a Dolfan I do not want Trent Green on the team. What point does it make to have Green for a season? He is just on hit away from hanging up the cleats for good. I say put Beck in, he has already memorized the playbook (according to reports) and acts and talks like the starter. Coach Cam put in Beck.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24697
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 31,177.10
mattyk22 wrote:I am gonna go real far out on a limb here and make this prediction. John Beck is the starting QB for the Dolphins for the 2007 season. As a Dolfan I do not want Trent Green on the team. What point does it make to have Green for a season? He is just on hit away from hanging up the cleats for good. I say put Beck in, he has already memorized the playbook (according to reports) and acts and talks like the starter. Coach Cam put in Beck.


what do you think his stats would project to over the next year if he is the starter?
_______________________________________

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests