FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 21:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 05.08.2007, 18:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39926
Donate
nyj.gif
ok lets get a discussion about some of the rookie qbs dynasty value.

Kolb - tied to Mcnabb , but if McNabb is either injured or out of philly(hypothetical) how do you think he would perform? I've never seen him play so I dont know what to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 05.08.2007, 18:54 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 770
Donate
I think Kolb is a very good QB but like you said he is behind McNabb.
There is an interesting article on NFL.com about the prospect of the rookie QBs turning out to be good players in the NFL. Seems that the common denominator that made a college QB a good NFL QB was the amount of games they started in College. Three year plus starters have the advantage.
Kolb started 50 and McNabb started 49.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/qb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 05.08.2007, 21:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
ok what about Trent Edwards. I think he is a good option for buffalo. Losman has been a major dissapointment and if he struggles early i wont be suprised if Edwards is starting by mid season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 00:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 31992
Donate
oak.gif
edwards is garbage and losman has been showing signs of life.....i think he will improve further this year.....and again, edwards blows.....

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 00:43 

Sand$: 94505
Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
edwards is garbage and losman has been showing signs of life.....i think he will improve further this year.....and again, edwards blows.....
While I am not disputing the sucktitude of Edwards, Kolb is a helluva lot worse than him. I promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 12:07 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 580
Donate
dal.gif
Ahhh, the fun that is discussing the outlook of rookies in the NFL! It's amazing sometimes how far apart the opinions of two people can be on the same player.
I'm really no expert on these kind of things, so take it for what it's worth. Things like coaching and situation have a big impact on rookies. It's been said several times that Russell has thrown the ball like 60 yards while on one knee...so what, as an NFL QB do you typically throw a ball from that position? Yes, I understand the main point for saying that is that he has a STRONG arm, ok, good.
I've also heard it said that the closer you are to the ball in the formation (e.g. QB versus WR) the more difficult it is to transition to the NFL. I haven't really seen any of the QB's drafted this year play in college so I can't comment other than what I've heard.

To echo what Swarm said, I've heard that BUF likes Losman and he did show signs of life last year.

WR: A Johnson*, Calvin Johnson*, G. Jennings*, L Evans
TE: Gates*, Daniels
K: Crosby
D: Vikings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 13:22 
Chum

Sand$: 133
Donate
gb.gif
the real question is still what to do with Brady Quinn. He walks into a starting job with a HUGE talent protecting his blind side. Edwards is a potential top flight receiver, winslow is an a--, but when he plays he is mostly open. I think he falls into a leinert type spot... 2 years and he is the man/ or he's tony manderich. We keep 5 in our league with 3 rookie that we can protect on our taxi. I have Palmer and would not hesitate to pull the trigger on Quinn at the 7 pick of our 12 team league. I can hide him for free and wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 13:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2323
Donate
nyg.gif
Quinn @ 7 is very much in line with where he ought to go, assuming that there are no brain farts in the top 6 picks. If anything, he might be gone at 5-6 depending on the positional needs of the teams above you. If that is the case, then you get one of the tier 2 or 3 RBs falling to you at 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 14:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
ok what about John Beck and the Miami Dolphins??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 14:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 229
Donate
Location: Texas (South of the Town Lake, and Ben White, about a 1/2 mile behind the Blazer Lazer Tag)
cin.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:

For that you have to assume that C-pep is done. If he's not done, I could see C-pep playing another 4-5 years - a long time to wait even on a QB prospect (assuming you are talking about our common league) especially with a small bench that we have.

But if he's done - and the Trent Green rumors are true - then I'd definitely keep my eye on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 15:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

For that you have to assume that C-pep is done. If he's not done, I could see C-pep playing another 4-5 years - a long time to wait even on a QB prospect (assuming you are talking about our common league) especially with a small bench that we have.

But if he's done - and the Trent Green rumors are true - then I'd definitely keep my eye on him.

i was thinking overall but now that you mentioned it what do u want for green?? lol

Cpep to me I think he is done in Miami. I wont be suprised if he is released before the start of the season. As for Green being traded I am guessing there is a chance of it happening. If he isnt traded what are the chances of the cheifs releasing him outright?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2007, 16:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2323
Donate
nyg.gif
Beck is an interesting scenario. Selecting a QB in round 2 says a lot about what they think of CPepp. Could it be that they have seen little to no improvement with CPepp since his ill-advised attempt at starting the season? I think the answer to that question starts and finishes with Trent Green. If they sign Green, they know that CPepp is done in Miami. Otherwise, why deal for him when they could very well get him in on a FA tryout?

So, with that said, if Green goes to Miami, I see Beck being the next QB in Miami (2008 or 9). Green is no spring chicken (37 this year)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2007, 11:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
cpstorm wrote:
Beck is an interesting scenario. Selecting a QB in round 2 says a lot about what they think of CPepp. Could it be that they have seen little to no improvement with CPepp since his ill-advised attempt at starting the season? I think the answer to that question starts and finishes with Trent Green. If they sign Green, they know that CPepp is done in Miami. Otherwise, why deal for him when they could very well get him in on a FA tryout?

So, with that said, if Green goes to Miami, I see Beck being the next QB in Miami (2008 or 9). Green is no spring chicken (37 this year)...

true, I have heard that Cameron loves Beck, they think he is the most mature and ready QB in the draft class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2007, 19:37 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 770
Donate
I am gonna go real far out on a limb here and make this prediction. John Beck is the starting QB for the Dolphins for the 2007 season. As a Dolfan I do not want Trent Green on the team. What point does it make to have Green for a season? He is just on hit away from hanging up the cleats for good. I say put Beck in, he has already memorized the playbook (according to reports) and acts and talks like the starter. Coach Cam put in Beck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2007, 20:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
mattyk22 wrote:
I am gonna go real far out on a limb here and make this prediction. John Beck is the starting QB for the Dolphins for the 2007 season. As a Dolfan I do not want Trent Green on the team. What point does it make to have Green for a season? He is just on hit away from hanging up the cleats for good. I say put Beck in, he has already memorized the playbook (according to reports) and acts and talks like the starter. Coach Cam put in Beck.

what do you think his stats would project to over the next year if he is the starter?