Rethinking my 3 keepers...

Megalodon
Sand$: 53,869.06
I have four players I am mulling over for my keepers (3 max). Which would you keep?

RB Thomas Jones
RB Cedric Benson
RB Deuce McAllister
WR Andre Johnson

Other players I'm not considering as strongly: QB Marc Bulger; WR Plaxico Burress. If it matters ... in the draft I have these picks in the first 3 rounds:

Thanks.
Megalodon
Sand$: 33,166.10
JimHart wrote:I have four players I am mulling over for my keepers (3 max). Which would you keep?

RB Thomas Jones
RB Cedric Benson
RB Deuce McAllister
WR Andre Johnson

Other players I'm not considering as strongly: QB Marc Bulger; WR Plaxico Burress. If it matters ... in the draft I have these picks in the first 3 rounds:

Thanks.

jim i would go with Andre Johnson, Thomas Jones and Benson

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,594.00
jetsman2806 wrote:
JimHart wrote:I have four players I am mulling over for my keepers (3 max). Which would you keep?

RB Thomas Jones
RB Cedric Benson
RB Deuce McAllister
WR Andre Johnson

Thanks.

Ditto, three solid keepers...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,668.44
checo446 wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

RB Thomas Jones
RB Cedric Benson
RB Deuce McAllister
WR Andre Johnson

Thanks.

Ditto, three solid keepers...

yep

We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum
Megalodon
If Deuce ends up being traded to a team needing an RB starter (e.g. Green Bay) would he become a more attractive keeper than Andre Johnson?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,668.44
JimHart wrote:If Deuce ends up being traded to a team needing an RB starter (e.g. Green Bay) would he become a more attractive keeper than Andre Johnson?

that's an interesting scenario. If he's the #1, then yes. If he's splitting carries, no

We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,594.00
The_Bus wrote:
JimHart wrote:If Deuce ends up being traded to a team needing an RB starter (e.g. Green Bay) would he become a more attractive keeper than Andre Johnson?

that's an interesting scenario. If he's the #1, then yes. If he's splitting carries, no

Agreed, although the biased Texans fan in me would have a hard time giving up AJ back into the draft unless I had an early pick in the first to recapture him.
Sand$: 4,298.54
I said Jones, Deuce and Andre.

I don't believe in fairies, monsters or Cedric Benson.

Megalodon
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:I said Jones, Deuce and Andre.

I understand that some don't like Benson ... but can you really put a starting RB back in the draft pool? Especially in a Shark league?
Sand$: 4,298.54
JimHart wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:I said Jones, Deuce and Andre.

I understand that some don't like Benson ... but can you really put a starting RB back in the draft pool? Especially in a Shark league?

I sure as hell don't think I could put a WR like Andre Johnson in the pool. With a crappy David Carr and no running game last year, he was still awesome. They've got a less gunshy QB now and have upgraded the run game somewhat.

I think Andre's going to be bigger this season than last.

Cedric Benson has been a no-show, then a could-be, then an also-ran, then he hurt his knee in the Super Bowl.

Chum
Sand$: 133.00
Schaub is what the texans needed.
Keep Johnson
T.Jones has a monster chip on his shoulder and will be the best back in NY for a couple years.
Keep T.Jones
CHI town is not going to get it done through Grossman, so I would go with Benson even though I don't trust his work ethic, durability and his team hates him.
Trade Benson for a better back/Keeper. I got Jacobs straight up for him in my league.

Sunnyvale Fantasy Trailerpark League
Team Steve French
5 player keepers
C.Palmer
LT,Gore,Jacobs
Colston
Megalodon
chipsie34 wrote:Schaub is what the texans needed.
Keep Johnson
T.Jones has a monster chip on his shoulder and will be the best back in NY for a couple years.
Keep T.Jones
CHI town is not going to get it done through Grossman, so I would go with Benson even though I don't trust his work ethic, durability and his team hates him.
Trade Benson for a better back/Keeper. I got Jacobs straight up for him in my league.

I would certainly consider trading Benson ... but trading him straight up for a RB like Brandon Jacobs just sounds like someone asking me to bend over. :lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,334.34
Gotta buck the trend here and go with the 3 rbs. You have 3 picks in the first round. Surely you can get some decent WRs with those three picks. What RBs are going to be left there? Figure that everyone keeps at least 2 RB with some going 3. Therefore you have 24-30 RBs kept plus the first 6 picks gone means up to 36 RBs gone before you pick.

Flip side: max WRs kept probably about 12. Therefore you get (at worst) WR 13,14,15 (all three if you want!). Gimme that before I get RB37

Tiki: Stop being such a jerk!
Sand$: 103,687.08
cpstorm wrote:Gotta buck the trend here and go with the 3 rbs. You have 3 picks in the first round. Surely you can get some decent WRs with those three picks. What RBs are going to be left there? Figure that everyone keeps at least 2 RB with some going 3. Therefore you have 24-30 RBs kept plus the first 6 picks gone means up to 36 RBs gone before you pick.

Flip side: max WRs kept probably about 12. Therefore you get (at worst) WR 13,14,15 (all three if you want!). Gimme that before I get RB37
...and here I thought I was the only one endorsing three RBs; my opinion is the same as before.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Megalodon
cpstorm wrote:Gotta buck the trend here and go with the 3 rbs. You have 3 picks in the first round. Surely you can get some decent WRs with those three picks. What RBs are going to be left there? Figure that everyone keeps at least 2 RB with some going 3. Therefore you have 24-30 RBs kept plus the first 6 picks gone means up to 36 RBs gone before you pick.

CP, you have just spoke sanity back into my questioning mind ... thank you. 8)