FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.31.2014, 12:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2007, 11:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Green draws boos in Fins' win over Jags

NFL.com - About the only thing new quarterback Trent Green led the Miami Dolphins offense to was a smattering of boos.

Green struggled in his Dolphins debut, underthrowing receivers and managing just 60 yards on 6-for-15 passing with one interception in Miami's 18-17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars in the exhibition opener for both teams.

Green, the Dolphins' biggest offseason acquisition, took every snap in the first half and led the Dolphins to just four first downs in six possessions. He exited amid boos from the crowd at Dolphin Stadium in four of his last five drives, and led Miami to only one scoring drive -- a 26-yard field goal by Jay Feely.

"It's a crazy business," said Green, who added he didn't hear the jeers. "People can respond to different things. I don't take a lot of that too much to heart being that it's the first preseason game. That's why you play preseason games."

Miami coach Cam Cameron pinned much of the early woes on the offensive line.

"He is still clever in the pocket," Cameron said. "We'll get our protection units squared away."

Patrick Cobbs' 3-yard touchdown run, followed by his two-point conversion run, provided the winning score for the Dolphins with 3:46 left -- on a drive led by rookie quarterback John Beck, who was 3-for-5 for 23 yards in the series.

Josh Scobee missed a 43-yard field from the dirt with 42 seconds left to seal Miami's victory. Scobee made an NFL-best 14 field goals last season between 40 and 49 yards.

Earlier this week, Cameron seemed to stir up some quarterback controversy, or maybe just some competition. Green and backup Cleo Lemon were listed in the first-team column as co-starters on Cameron's depth chart before the game.

The only thing separating them was a slash between their names, and the team's exhibition opener didn't seem to spell any separation. The loudest ovation of the night went to Beck when he entered early in the fourth quarter.

The Jaguars, who ranked second in the NFL in rushing last season with Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew, have said that this training camp is all about fine-tuning the passing game. They didn't shy away from throwing in their first of four exhibition games.

Byron Leftwich was 7-for-11 passing for 78 yards and a touchdown in his first game for Jacksonville since a loss against the Houston Texans on Oct. 22, when he suffered a sprained left ankle and later had season-ending surgery.

Leftwich dazzled Miami when he managed to stay off the ground. He was pressured constantly by the Dolphins defense, who played without reigning defensive player of the year Jason Taylor and stars Zach Thomas and Keith Traylor. All three were not in uniform, but Miami still managed to sack Leftwich and hurry him several other times.

Trent Green had a tough time handling the ball in his debut for Miami.
Leftwich didn't have a problem with accuracy either. Two of his four incompletions were dropped passes by Matt Jones.

"We had some good stuff," Leftwich said. "We also had some missed assignments up front where we could have had some big plays but that is what the preseason is for. We will be OK. We are still fine-tuning everything."

Reserve David Garrard looked equally impressive in relief, throwing for 153 yards on 12-for-16 passing.

Third-string quarterback Quinn Gray apparently didn't make the trip to Miami. Tim Couch played behind Garrard and Leftwich.

The Dolphins might have found a solid backup for running back Ronnie Brown in Jesse Chatman, who had a 74-yard touchdown run in the third quarter to get Miami within 17-10.

Chatman finished with six rushes for 88 yards. The last time the Jaguars played against Chatman, he replaced LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego and had 11 rushes for 103 yards in a 34-21 win Oct. 10, 2004.

Alvin Pearman gave the Jaguars a 17-3 lead with a 1-yard touchdown rush to start the second half. Dennis Northcutt caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Leftwich, who led the 11-play, 75-yard drive for Jacksonville.

Scobee converted a 32-yard field goal to put the Jaguars ahead 10-0 in the second quarter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2007, 12:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Beck enjoys brief debut with Dolphins

MIAMI (AP) -After helping engineer a game-winning drive for the Miami Dolphins, John Beck turned toward the sideline and punched the air.

``I got a little excited,'' the rookie quarterback confessed.

Sure, it was only the first preseason game, one where the Dolphins rallied to beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 18-17 on Saturday night. But meaningless? Certainly not to Beck, the team's second-round draft choice this spring who's the No. 3 quarterback in camp behind Trent Green and Cleo Lemon.

He was serenaded by ``Let's go Beck!'' chants as he trotted onto the field for the first time with 8:54 remaining, those yells raining down from the few thousand fans who remained even before he made it into his first NFL huddle.

Beck wasn't flawless - far from it, actually - on that drive, but still managed to steer Miami 69 yards for the winning score.

``I was having a lot of fun out there, definitely,'' Beck said. ``These are guys I work with every day, and we want to come out as a group and be able to succeed in what we practice on. It felt good tonight to be able to put a drive together like we work on in practice and say, 'When we needed to, we put the ball in the end zone.'''

Beck completed three of five passes in his debut for 23 yards, and got plenty of help from running back Patrick Cobbs - who rushed five times for 27 yards on that drive, not including a 10-yard pickup when he scooped up Beck's fumble with about 5 minutes remaining.

Cobbs capped the drive with a 3-yard touchdown run with 3:46 left, then put the Dolphins ahead with a two-point conversion plunge - setting off Beck's impromptu celebration.

``Regardless of preseason or not, if you get a chance to win it, you want to take that chance,'' Beck said. ``You want to win.''

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron elected to give most of the offensive workload to Green and Lemon, who combined to go 11-for-21 for 116 yards in the game's first 51 minutes.

But in the little bit he saw from Beck, he gave the former BYU star solid marks.

``John is like all young quarterbacks,'' Cameron said. ``He's going a thousand miles an hour. He finally got himself under control.''

Afterward, Beck acknowledged that it wasn't a perfect night.

One of his passes was nearly intercepted, and he had what seemed like it could have been a surefire touchdown pass sail just out of Courtney Anderson's reach - ``that never should have been incomplete,'' Beck said - with 4:37 left.

``There's certain things throughout the drive that I'm going to be able to watch on film, and some of them right after they happened, I knew what I needed to change,'' Beck said. ``I'm going to try to take as much from this as I can and improve for next week.''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2007, 13:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 35578
Donate
nyj.gif
MIA - Dolphins Starting LT Carey Hurts Knee; Should Be OK

Source: Omar Kelly, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami Dolphins starting LT Vernon Carey injured his right knee in the first quarter of the Dolphins' 18-17 win over Jacksonville and never returned to the game. He suffered the injury blocking for tailback Ronnie Brown on a sweep to the left side. Carey was able to walk off the field on his own and rode a stationary bike on the sidelines for five minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2007, 13:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 35578
Donate
nyj.gif
MIA - QB Green Struggles In First Action As A Dolphin

Source: Antonio Gonzalez, Associated Press, Lowell Sun Online

Trent Green stepped onto the field as the Miami Dolphins new starting quarterback but left to boos and catcalls. Green struggled in his Dolphins debut, underthrowing receivers and managing just 60 yards on 6-for-15 passing with one interception. Green took every snap in the first half and led the Dolphins to just four first downs in six possessions. Miami coach Cam Cameron pinned much of the early woes on the offensive line. "He is still clever in the pocket," Cameron said. "We'll get our protection units squared away."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2007, 11:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Green focuses on Dolphins as he prepares for return to KC

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -As much as Trent Green enjoyed his six years with the Kansas City Chiefs, he doesn't have time for nostalgia.

So when he travels to Arrowhead Stadium for the Miami Dolphins' exhibition game against his former team Thursday night, Green's focus will be on the present rather than the past.

To Green, the game means an opportunity for the Miami offense to rebound after a dreadful showing in Saturday night's preseason opener against Jacksonville.

``We're just looking to make improvement on the first game and continue to make strides to get ready for the opener,'' Green said Tuesday. ``Obviously it adds a little more drama going back to K.C.''

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said he planned to use the same rotation as in the exhibition opener. Green started against Jacksonville and played the entire first half before being followed by Cleo Lemon and rookie John Beck.

Green resisted dwelling on what kind of reception he might get from Chiefs fans.

``I really don't want to get too caught up in thinking what that's going to be,'' he said. ``I'm just going to let it happen, and we'll see. I had a great six years there and enjoyed it. My family enjoyed it. It was a great experience for us as a family, and I'm just happy to be down here.''

Green was traded by the Chiefs to the Dolphins in June for a conditional fifth-round pick that will become a fourth-round choice if Green takes 70 percent of the snaps on offense. The trade was consummated more than three months after Green refused to take a pay cut with the Chiefs and was given permission to talk to other teams.

Green, who started every game for the Chiefs in 2001-05 before missing eight games because of a concussion last season, said he harbored no hard feelings toward the Chiefs.

``No, I don't feel disrespected, having been in the league long enough and understanding how it works,'' Green said. ``They decided to go in a different direction. They wanted to get younger. Like I said at the time, I didn't agree with the decision, but I understood the decision. I just wanted an opportunity to go somewhere and play and felt that I still had some good years left playing, and I wanted that chance.''

In his debut in a Miami uniform, Green was under constant pressure and completed only six of 15 passes for 60 yards with one interception.

Most of the first-team offense also played the entire first half, managing only 64 yards and four first downs.

``We're hoping to make improvement from week to week and get ready for the opener,'' Green said. ``Understand that this is the preseason and we are growing. We are a group of new guys on offense and a lot of young guys, so it's going to be a growing process.''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2007, 12:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Dolphins' Chambers To Plead Not Guilty To DWI

AP - Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers will plead not guilty to driving while impaired, his lawyer said Wednesday.

George Laughrun said Chambers will fight the charge stemming from his arrest July 14, when he was pulled over several miles south of downtown Charlotte.

Chambers was also charged with reckless driving and speeding. A hearing on the case scheduled for Wednesday was postponed until Sept. 26.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2007, 12:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Green focuses on Dolphins as he prepares for return to KC

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -As much as Trent Green enjoyed his six years with the Kansas City Chiefs, he doesn't have time for nostalgia.

So when he travels to Arrowhead Stadium for the Miami Dolphins' exhibition game against his former team Thursday night, Green's focus will be on the present rather than the past.

To Green, the game means an opportunity for the Miami offense to rebound after a dreadful showing in Saturday night's preseason opener against Jacksonville.

``We're just looking to make improvement on the first game and continue to make strides to get ready for the opener,'' Green said Tuesday. ``Obviously it adds a little more drama going back to K.C.''

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said he planned to use the same rotation as in the exhibition opener. Green started against Jacksonville and played the entire first half before being followed by Cleo Lemon and rookie John Beck.

Green resisted dwelling on what kind of reception he might get from Chiefs fans.

``I really don't want to get too caught up in thinking what that's going to be,'' he said. ``I'm just going to let it happen, and we'll see. I had a great six years there and enjoyed it. My family enjoyed it. It was a great experience for us as a family, and I'm just happy to be down here.''

Green was traded by the Chiefs to the Dolphins in June for a conditional fifth-round pick that will become a fourth-round choice if Green takes 70 percent of the snaps on offense. The trade was consummated more than three months after Green refused to take a pay cut with the Chiefs and was given permission to talk to other teams.

Green, who started every game for the Chiefs in 2001-05 before missing eight games because of a concussion last season, said he harbored no hard feelings toward the Chiefs.

``No, I don't feel disrespected, having been in the league long enough and understanding how it works,'' Green said. ``They decided to go in a different direction. They wanted to get younger. Like I said at the time, I didn't agree with the decision, but I understood the decision. I just wanted an opportunity to go somewhere and play and felt that I still had some good years left playing, and I wanted that chance.''

In his debut in a Miami uniform, Green was under constant pressure and completed only six of 15 passes for 60 yards with one interception.

Most of the first-team offense also played the entire first half, managing only 64 yards and four first downs.

``We're hoping to make improvement from week to week and get ready for the opener,'' Green said. ``Understand that this is the preseason and we are growing. We are a group of new guys on offense and a lot of young guys, so it's going to be a growing process.''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2007, 12:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Dolphins' Green Looks Sharp, Chiefs Look Lifeless

Yahoo.com - Those few Kansas City fans who booed Trent Green in the first quarter Thursday were probably ready to beg him to come back in the fourth.

Green looked sharp in his first appearance in Arrowhead Stadium since insisting on a trade to Miami during the offseason. The Chiefs, on the other hand, mostly looked lifeless for the second straight week while trying to find a new quarterback and limp along without holdout running back Larry Johnson.

In the final minutes, Patrick Cobbs scored a touchdown and John Beck slipped into the end zone for the 2-point conversion that led the Dolphins to an 11-10 victory and made them 2-0 in the preseason for the first time since 1982.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2007, 13:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Dolphins slip past Kansas City, 11-10

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -Patrick Cobbs scored on a 7-yard run and John Beck slipped into the end zone for the 2-point conversion with 4:30 left, leading Miami past Kansas City 11-10 Thursday night and making the Dolphins 2-0 in preseason games for the first time since 1982.

Beck, the third Miami quarterback to appear in the sloppily played game, hit Kerry Reed for 17 yards and Courtney Anderson for 25 in a seven-play, 73-yard scoring drive.

Trent Green, whose 87.3 passer rating the past six seasons is the best in Chiefs history, played the first two series for the Dolphins in a much-awaited return to Arrowhead Stadium and was 4-for-7 for 41 yards. He led one smart drive that failed when Jared Allen stopped Jesse Chatman for a 1-yard loss on fourth-and-goal from the 3.

Kansas City threw the challenge flag after Beck leaned across the goal line, but the ruling held up, leaving Kansas City 0-2 in the exhibition season and looking very much in need of Larry Johnson, its Pro Bowl running back who's held out all summer in a contract dispute. The Chiefs rushed for only 61 yards.

Brodie Croyle, bidding to take Green's old job, hit his first four passes and led the Chiefs to their only offensive touchdown in two preseason games, but also threw an ill-advised interception.

Damon Huard, the veteran backup Croyle is competing with, was 3-for-5 for only 26 yards as the Chiefs stalled for the second straight game without Johnson.

Croyle, known for his rifle arm but sometimes-poor decisions, atoned for a miserable performance in the Chiefs' first exhibition outing when he engineered an eight-play, 70-yard touchdown march, capped by a 21-yard touchdown pass to Chris Hannon in the second quarter.

But a few minutes later, showing the inexperience of a second-year pro who played only briefly as a rookie, Croyle threw a terrible pass off his back foot that was intercepted in the end zone by Michael Lehan.

Croyle was 6-for-11 for 82 yards.

There were a few scattered boos when Green took the field for Miami's first series. But the reception for the Chiefs starting quarterback of the past six seasons was mostly respectful, especially when he took his new team 65 yards down the field on its second possession to set up a first-and-goal from the 10.

Miami's retooled offensive line, a big worry all during training camp, opened hole after hole for Ronnie Brown, who had gains of 12 and 10 yards to get the drive started. After a false start penalty created a second-and-15 from the Kansas City 35, Brown broke loose for 6 yards and then Green hit tight end David Martin over the middle for 19 yards to the 10.

The Dolphins' only score of the first half came with Cleo Lemon under center. He hit Chris Chambers for 12 yards on third-and-3 from the 46, and then Brown broke through a big hole in the middle of the line for 22 yards, with Ty Law pulling him down on the 16 to prevent the touchdown. After Brown was stopped for no gain on third down, Jay Feely kicked a 30-yard field goal on the second play of the second quarter.

Another huge headache that appeared for the Chiefs is at place kicker. Rookie Justin Medlock, drafted in the fifth round and handed the job when incumbent Lawrence Tynes was let go, missed from 37 and 42 yards before finally connecting on his third try, a 34-yarder that put the Chiefs on top 10-3 with 8:18 to go.

With no other kicker on the team, the Chiefs may be on the phone Friday looking for unemployed kickers to at least provide some competition for the UCLA product.

Abraham Wright, a rookie linebacker for Miami, was carted off the field with what was described as cramps in both legs with 8 seconds to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.20.2007, 10:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63868
Donate
ind.gif
Dave Hyde, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron is looking for more from RB Ronnie Brown and is not yet ready to name him the team's starting running back. "Our best running back will play - I don't care who it is," Cameron said. When asked who he thought his best running back was, Cameron replied, "We're not to the point where we'd say that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08.21.2007, 23:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281449
Donate
den.gif
since they got rid of sammy morris they have no choice. Ronnie brown is the starter. Yet, keep an eye on booker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.23.2007, 12:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

oak.gif
Cameron Sending A Message To Ronnie Brown

Miami Herald - The feeling among some Dolphins players is that several of Cam Cameron's moves impacting Ronnie Brown -- including putting him on kickoff returns and firing running backs coach Bobby Williams in the offseason -- are being done to send a message to Brown and create a greater sense of urgency in the third-year running back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.24.2007, 00:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281449
Donate
den.gif
GridironMachine wrote:
Cameron Sending A Message To Ronnie Brown

Miami Herald - The feeling among some Dolphins players is that several of Cam Cameron's moves impacting Ronnie Brown -- including putting him on kickoff returns and firing running backs coach Bobby Williams in the offseason -- are being done to send a message to Brown and create a greater sense of urgency in the third-year running back.

good! He needs it. This is his make or break season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2007, 16:29 
Administrator

Sand$: 5378
Donate
nfllogo.gif
With the new sub-forums capability, please create separate threads for team topics. I will lock this thread and keep it as historical.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7