FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 22:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bears Injury News
PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2007, 15:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21
Donate
chi.gif
Olsen injuries knee on second-quarter reception
By Larry Mayer

CHICAGO – The Bears suffered their first key injury of the preseason in Thursday night's 19-9 loss to the Browns when rookie tight end Greg Olsen sprained his left knee with 2:00 remaining in the first half.

The first-round draft pick from Miami limped off the field after being tackled by linebacker Clifton Smith on a 3-yard reception. Olsen is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam.

“We’ll check him out every way we can and go from there,” said coach Lovie Smith. “He fell on his knee. That’s basically it. He went down hard. It was a hard tackle. He made the catch and came down on his knee.”

Bears coaches and teammates are hoping that Olsen’s injury isn’t serious. The 6-5, 254-pounder caught nine passes for 75 yards with a long reception of 23 yards in the preseason.

“[Losing him] would hurt a lot,” said quarterback Rex Grossman. “When he’s in there, a lot of the plays are designed around getting him the ball. He’s a great player and hopefully he’s OK.”

“Hopefully he’s not going to be out too long,” said offensive coordinator Ron Turner. “He’s a very good player. We’ve got big plans for him. But we’ve got a lot of other good players too and we’ll just pick it up and go and see where it is. That’s part of the game.”

Source: http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsSt ... ry_id=3765

Last edited by Rick the Bear on Fri 08.31.2007, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09.01.2007, 14:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33948
Donate
nyj.gif
Source: David Haugh, Chicago Tribune

Until further test results from an MRI are received, it has been determined for now that Chicago Bears rookie TE Greg Olsen suffered a knee sprain in last night's exhibition against the Cleveland Browns. Olsen was spotted looking downcast after the game with a brace on his knee. HC Lovie Smith said an MRI is scheduled Friday and knee sprains typically take two to four weeks to heal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2007, 06:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Bears: Olsen MRI shows no structural damage
The News
Bears rookie tight end Greg Olsen received positive news regarding his injured left knee over the weekend. According to the Associated Press, an MRI on the knee showed no structural damage, and Olsen has been listed as a game-time decision for the Bears week one game against San Diego by head coach Lovie Smith.
Our View
It appears Olsen dodged a major bullet as original reports on the injury didn't sound positive. Fantasy owners will want to take a wait-and-see approach to the tight end situation in Chicago, as Olsen and Desmond Clark should be in line to split time this season when both are healthy.

WooHoo! I drafted him in 3-4 leagues, and I've been holding out for some good news. \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2007, 11:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33948
Donate
nyj.gif
Source: Vaughn McClure, Chicago Tribune

Chicago Bears rookie TE Greg Olsen was seen leaving the locker room limping but using no special equipment to support his injured knee on Monday. "Everything is good, it's just going to take a little time to get it back to full strength," Olsen said. "But it's nothing too serious. It's just a matter of rehabbing it. Basically, any time you do anything to the ligaments, technically it's a sprain. You've got to let the inflammation go down and try to get back [the] range of motion. But as far as the ligaments and the cartilage, everything was fine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.04.2007, 11:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14614
Donate
chi.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:
WooHoo! I drafted him in 3-4 leagues, and I've been holding out for some good news. \:D/

I wouldn't expect much fantasy-wise with Des Clark still hanging on to the starting job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09.10.2007, 19:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
This sucks more than I can put into words:

Two defensive starters lost for season
By Larry Mayer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears lost far more than a football game Sunday in San Diego.

Safety Mike Brown and defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek both will miss the remainder of the season after suffering torn ACLs in Chicago’s season-opening defeat to the Chargers.

Brown, who has been plagued by injuries each of the past four seasons after not missing a game his first four years in the NFL, was hurt on a fourth-quarter blitz when he was hogtied by Chargers fullback Lorenzo Neal in the backfield.

Just three plays later, Dvoracek sustained a similar injury while blocking on Devin Hester’s 29-yard kickoff return following LaDainian Tomlinson’s 7-yard TD run. Dvoracek was playing in his first NFL game after missing his entire rookie season with a foot injury.

Brown and Dvoracek were carted to the locker room together, leaving a Bears defense that performed exceptionally well against the high-powered Chargers minus two key starters.

With his knee wrapped, Brown broke down while answering questions from reporters in the locker room following Sunday’s game.

“It’s another sad day in the chapter of my football playing career it looks like,” said Brown, who holds the Bears’ all-time record with seven defensive touchdowns. “I don’t know what else to tell you guys. It’s a shame. It hurts my feelings really bad. It’s just life though.”

After playing in all 64 games during his first four seasons, Brown missed the final 14 contests in 2004 with a torn Achilles’ tendon, the last four regular-season games in 2005 with a calf injury and the final 10 contests last season with a torn ligament in his foot.

“Mike has gone through a lot,” coach Lovie Smith said Monday. “He’s our team leader, a great guy, a competitor. We all feel for him. Freak accidents happen, but it just seems like they’ve happened to Mike more than they should.

“If I continue to talk about it, I could get emotional just knowing what Mike Brown has gone through to get himself back in position to play. But injuries are part of it. You have to move on.”

Brown and Dvoracek will be replaced by second-year pro Danieal Manning and veteran Darwin Walker, respectively.

Manning started 14 regular-season games and all three post-season contests at free safety last year as a rookie after arriving as the Bears’ top pick in the draft.

“If there was an area that was fairly strong on our football team, we would say that it was the safety position,” Smith said. “We traded Chris Harris [during training camp]. By doing that we were saying that we had a lot of depth there.”

Walker, who was acquired in a July 29 trade with the Buffalo Bills, appeared in 87 games with 75 starts the past six seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, recording 264 tackles and 27½ sacks.

With Brown and Dvoracek out, rookie safety Kevin Payne and veteran defensive tackle Anthony Adams—both of whom were inactive Sunday—are also expected to see action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.11.2007, 07:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10293
Donate
chi.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:
This sucks more than I can put into words:

Two defensive starters lost for season
By Larry Mayer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears lost far more than a football game Sunday in San Diego.

Safety Mike Brown and defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek both will miss the remainder of the season after suffering torn ACLs in Chicago’s season-opening defeat to the Chargers.

Brown, who has been plagued by injuries each of the past four seasons after not missing a game his first four years in the NFL, was hurt on a fourth-quarter blitz when he was hogtied by Chargers fullback Lorenzo Neal in the backfield.

Just three plays later, Dvoracek sustained a similar injury while blocking on Devin Hester’s 29-yard kickoff return following LaDainian Tomlinson’s 7-yard TD run. Dvoracek was playing in his first NFL game after missing his entire rookie season with a foot injury.

Brown and Dvoracek were carted to the locker room together, leaving a Bears defense that performed exceptionally well against the high-powered Chargers minus two key starters.

With his knee wrapped, Brown broke down while answering questions from reporters in the locker room following Sunday’s game.

“It’s another sad day in the chapter of my football playing career it looks like,” said Brown, who holds the Bears’ all-time record with seven defensive touchdowns. “I don’t know what else to tell you guys. It’s a shame. It hurts my feelings really bad. It’s just life though.”

After playing in all 64 games during his first four seasons, Brown missed the final 14 contests in 2004 with a torn Achilles’ tendon, the last four regular-season games in 2005 with a calf injury and the final 10 contests last season with a torn ligament in his foot.

“Mike has gone through a lot,” coach Lovie Smith said Monday. “He’s our team leader, a great guy, a competitor. We all feel for him. Freak accidents happen, but it just seems like they’ve happened to Mike more than they should.

“If I continue to talk about it, I could get emotional just knowing what Mike Brown has gone through to get himself back in position to play. But injuries are part of it. You have to move on.”

Brown and Dvoracek will be replaced by second-year pro Danieal Manning and veteran Darwin Walker, respectively.

Manning started 14 regular-season games and all three post-season contests at free safety last year as a rookie after arriving as the Bears’ top pick in the draft.

“If there was an area that was fairly strong on our football team, we would say that it was the safety position,” Smith said. “We traded Chris Harris [during training camp]. By doing that we were saying that we had a lot of depth there.”

Walker, who was acquired in a July 29 trade with the Buffalo Bills, appeared in 87 games with 75 starts the past six seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, recording 264 tackles and 27½ sacks.

With Brown and Dvoracek out, rookie safety Kevin Payne and veteran defensive tackle Anthony Adams—both of whom were inactive Sunday—are also expected to see action.

Ditto...

While Urlacher is THA MAN...Mike Brown is the field general of that defense..and he's ALWAYS around the ball.

Talk about snake bitten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09.11.2007, 07:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14614
Donate
chi.gif
Looks like that Walker acquisition is going to pay off. I was looking for bood things from Dusty this year.