FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 11:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:08 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 04.01.2005, 00:38
Posts: 29655
Sand$: 3488
Donate
Location: By the beach in NC
pit.gif
I mean every question/comment about every player is getting moved somewhere or even getting locked. Every thread about every player could theoretically belong in the respective team forums. I'm not complaining. I seriously want to know.

What actually is "allowed" in the main tank now?

_________________
We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:15 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 11.08.2006, 16:50
Posts: 2629
Sand$: 6268
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:17 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Wed 09.21.2005, 12:55
Posts: 16130
Sand$: 21
Donate
chi.gif
This is the best answer that I can come up with:

Tony Holm wrote:
# You are currently in The Main Tank. Some additional rules apply:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.


Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.


Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.

_________________
Leaving. I won't be back. I believe all my business is taken care of so this will be the last time I login with this account.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:18 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 04.01.2005, 00:38
Posts: 29655
Sand$: 3488
Donate
Location: By the beach in NC
pit.gif
wjkoebel wrote:
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?


Now see this is exactly the type of response I knew would come. I'm not complaining or even trying to be an arse by asking my question. I seriously would like to know what constitutes main tank material now.

_________________
We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:18 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.12.2004, 13:56
Posts: 3896
Sand$: 9692
Donate
Location: Bonney Lake, WA; 95th GWS
sea.gif
that kind of makes it a pain moving things to the team threads, now I have to enter 32 different one to find about a player. imo, I see the team area is where you talk about your opinion about if a coach or a players need to be benched or rants but if your talking about player changes or them being hurt I think it should stay in the main tank.

_________________
CRO'S GOLF CONTESTS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:20 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 11.08.2006, 16:50
Posts: 2629
Sand$: 6268
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The_Bus wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?


Now see this is exactly the type of response I knew would come. I'm not complaining or even trying to be an arse by asking my question. I seriously would like to know what constitutes main tank material now.


I knew that would get you going. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:20 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 11.15.2004, 09:29
Posts: 27599
Sand$: 36586
Donate
Location: Dallas, TX
hou.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:
This is the best answer that I can come up with:

Tony Holm wrote:
# You are currently in The Main Tank. Some additional rules apply:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.


Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.


Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.


A lot of threads lately have been moved to them being specific to a person's fantasy team, such as WSIS or Waiver questions or rants/raves about their own team.

I think besides the tidbit I added, RTB summed it up pretty well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:22 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Wed 09.21.2005, 12:55
Posts: 16130
Sand$: 21
Donate
chi.gif
wjkoebel wrote:
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?
:roll:

Look, the mods are here to help. We don't get paid much ($0 to be exact). We're just part of the FF community just like you and everybody else. And sometimes we do make mistakes. We are human after all. Well most of us anyway (we're not sure about dragonz).

_________________
Leaving. I won't be back. I believe all my business is taken care of so this will be the last time I login with this account.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:23 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.15.2005, 16:53
Posts: 22856
Sand$: 5506
Donate
Location: north camolina
car.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?
:roll:

Look, the mods are here to help. We don't get paid much ($0 to be exact). We're just part of the FF community just like you and everybody else. And sometimes we do make mistakes. We are human after all. Well most of us anyway (we're not sure about dragonz).
i thought you were a bear.


make up your mind.

geeezzz!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:27 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined: Wed 09.21.2005, 12:55
Posts: 16130
Sand$: 21
Donate
chi.gif
raynman wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?
:roll:

Look, the mods are here to help. We don't get paid much ($0 to be exact). We're just part of the FF community just like you and everybody else. And sometimes we do make mistakes. We are human after all. Well most of us anyway (we're not sure about dragonz).
i thought you were a bear.


make up your mind.

geeezzz!
If you piss me off then you'll find out for sure! :D

_________________
Leaving. I won't be back. I believe all my business is taken care of so this will be the last time I login with this account.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:27 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 04.01.2005, 00:38
Posts: 29655
Sand$: 3488
Donate
Location: By the beach in NC
pit.gif
checo446 wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:
This is the best answer that I can come up with:

Tony Holm wrote:
# You are currently in The Main Tank. Some additional rules apply:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.


Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.


Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.


A lot of threads lately have been moved to them being specific to a person's fantasy team, such as WSIS or Waiver questions or rants/raves about their own team.

I think besides the tidbit I added, RTB summed it up pretty well.


OK I can understand that, but who decides what is appropriate and what is not? Maybe I do care about the 3rd sting punter or Heinz field or Cards stadium or even Steve Smith from the Giants. Those types of topics are things I believe are main tank material. Just because the third string punter may not be FF related, it doesn't mean it's not NFL news.

I'm not going to look through all the team threads to find info of people. That's nuts.

_________________
We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:37 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 11.15.2004, 09:29
Posts: 27599
Sand$: 36586
Donate
Location: Dallas, TX
hou.gif
The_Bus wrote:
checo446 wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:
This is the best answer that I can come up with:

Tony Holm wrote:
# You are currently in The Main Tank. Some additional rules apply:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.


Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.


Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.


A lot of threads lately have been moved to them being specific to a person's fantasy team, such as WSIS or Waiver questions or rants/raves about their own team.

I think besides the tidbit I added, RTB summed it up pretty well.


OK I can understand that, but who decides what is appropriate and what is not? Maybe I do care about the 3rd sting punter or Heinz field or Cards stadium or even Steve Smith from the Giants. Those types of topics are things I believe are main tank material. Just because the third string punter may not be FF related, it doesn't mean it's not NFL news.

I'm not going to look through all the team threads to find info of people. That's nuts.


I am not sure what happened on those threads, ie. the Heinz Field or Cards stadium as I didn't see what happened to them, but on the Steve Smith thread you are referencing, I changed the title and locked it because the original purpose of the thread was to figure out why Steve Smith of the Panthers was out. To avoid panic and confusion by people on Sunday morning, I went ahead and locked it to avoid confusion as it is Steve Smith of the Giants that is out.

I don't have a problem with NFL news being in the main tank such as the threads you mentioned, and other than some of the Patriot Game Day threads that have lingered for days after the game and are only discussion about the Pats team, I don't think I have moved any of those types.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:40 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Mon 08.27.2007, 21:35
Posts: 568
Sand$: 1410
Donate
Location: Lake Tahoe
nfllogo.gif
sean payton is a bad coach...this topic will now be locked


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:43 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 09.04.2005, 14:35
Posts: 18827
Sand$: 26191
Donate
Location: Purdue, Indiana
hou2.gif
I think you need to find out. Be scientific! Post about 100 threads ranging from ranking the best coaches ever to Brett Favre's jock itch. Watch what gets locked and what doesn't. That should get you a good idea. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:49 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 04.01.2005, 00:38
Posts: 29655
Sand$: 3488
Donate
Location: By the beach in NC
pit.gif
checo446 wrote:
I am not sure what happened on those threads, ie. the Heinz Field or Cards stadium as I didn't see what happened to them, but on the Steve Smith thread you are referencing, I changed the title and locked it because the original purpose of the thread was to figure out why Steve Smith of the Panthers was out. To avoid panic and confusion by people on Sunday morning, I went ahead and locked it to avoid confusion as it is Steve Smith of the Giants that is out.

I don't have a problem with NFL news being in the main tank such as the threads you mentioned, and other than some of the Patriot Game Day threads that have lingered for days after the game and are only discussion about the Pats team, I don't think I have moved any of those types.


I was just siting those threads as they were the first I've seen. I don't need an explanation as to why they were moved/deleted. I'm just looking for a general explanation as to why some news is moved and some is not and why some NFL news is not deemed worthy. I guess I have my explanation so maybe I'll give LVSharks' idea a try. :wink:

_________________
We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group