FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 11:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 3488
Donate
pit.gif
I mean every question/comment about every player is getting moved somewhere or even getting locked. Every thread about every player could theoretically belong in the respective team forums. I'm not complaining. I seriously want to know.

What actually is "allowed" in the main tank now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6268
Donate
Shouldn't this get moved to "Chit-Chat"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21
Donate
chi.gif
This is the best answer that I can come up with:

Tony Holm wrote:
# You are currently in The Main Tank. Some additional rules apply:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.

Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
wjkoebel wrote:

Now see this is exactly the type of response I knew would come. I'm not complaining or even trying to be an arse by asking my question. I seriously would like to know what constitutes main tank material now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9692
Donate
sea.gif
that kind of makes it a pain moving things to the team threads, now I have to enter 32 different one to find about a player. imo, I see the team area is where you talk about your opinion about if a coach or a players need to be benched or rants but if your talking about player changes or them being hurt I think it should stay in the main tank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6268
Donate
The_Bus wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:

Now see this is exactly the type of response I knew would come. I'm not complaining or even trying to be an arse by asking my question. I seriously would like to know what constitutes main tank material now.

I knew that would get you going. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36586
Donate
hou.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:

Tony Holm wrote:
# Only post topics relevant to the [Fantasy Football/entire] community here. Refer to the Forum Index to find the right forum for a topic.

Basically anything that pretains to alot of FF teams or major news from an NFL team.

Not that many people care about the Bears losing their 3rd string punter. Of course in the off season stuff like that is more relevant.

And when the game threads are going we're suposed to post stuff pretaining to the games in those particular threads. However any kind of injury and/or "someone got benched" which would affect lots of peoples FF teams then it's cool to start a thread.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of the rules.

Example:
The Favre injury thread that was locked by mistake is a good example of something that should have it's own thread.

A lot of threads lately have been moved to them being specific to a person's fantasy team, such as WSIS or Waiver questions or rants/raves about their own team.

I think besides the tidbit I added, RTB summed it up pretty well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
wjkoebel wrote:
:roll:

Look, the mods are here to help. We don't get paid much ($0 to be exact). We're just part of the FF community just like you and everybody else. And sometimes we do make mistakes. We are human after all. Well most of us anyway (we're not sure about dragonz).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
Rick the Bear wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:

Look, the mods are here to help. We don't get paid much ($0 to be exact). We're just part of the FF community just like you and everybody else. And sometimes we do make mistakes. We are human after all. Well most of us anyway (we're not sure about dragonz).
i thought you were a bear.

make up your mind.

geeezzz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
raynman wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:
wjkoebel wrote:

i thought you were a bear.

make up your mind.

geeezzz!
If you piss me off then you'll find out for sure! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
checo446 wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:

Tony Holm wrote:

Example:

A lot of threads lately have been moved to them being specific to a person's fantasy team, such as WSIS or Waiver questions or rants/raves about their own team.

OK I can understand that, but who decides what is appropriate and what is not? Maybe I do care about the 3rd sting punter or Heinz field or Cards stadium or even Steve Smith from the Giants. Those types of topics are things I believe are main tank material. Just because the third string punter may not be FF related, it doesn't mean it's not NFL news.

I'm not going to look through all the team threads to find info of people. That's nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36586
Donate
hou.gif
The_Bus wrote:
checo446 wrote:
Rick the Bear wrote:

Tony Holm wrote:

Example:

OK I can understand that, but who decides what is appropriate and what is not? Maybe I do care about the 3rd sting punter or Heinz field or Cards stadium or even Steve Smith from the Giants. Those types of topics are things I believe are main tank material. Just because the third string punter may not be FF related, it doesn't mean it's not NFL news.

I'm not going to look through all the team threads to find info of people. That's nuts.

I am not sure what happened on those threads, ie. the Heinz Field or Cards stadium as I didn't see what happened to them, but on the Steve Smith thread you are referencing, I changed the title and locked it because the original purpose of the thread was to figure out why Steve Smith of the Panthers was out. To avoid panic and confusion by people on Sunday morning, I went ahead and locked it to avoid confusion as it is Steve Smith of the Giants that is out.

I don't have a problem with NFL news being in the main tank such as the threads you mentioned, and other than some of the Patriot Game Day threads that have lingered for days after the game and are only discussion about the Pats team, I don't think I have moved any of those types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:40 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1410
Donate
nfllogo.gif
sean payton is a bad coach...this topic will now be locked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26191
Donate
hou2.gif
I think you need to find out. Be scientific! Post about 100 threads ranging from ranking the best coaches ever to Brett Favre's jock itch. Watch what gets locked and what doesn't. That should get you a good idea. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2007, 20:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
checo446 wrote:
I am not sure what happened on those threads, ie. the Heinz Field or Cards stadium as I didn't see what happened to them, but on the Steve Smith thread you are referencing, I changed the title and locked it because the original purpose of the thread was to figure out why Steve Smith of the Panthers was out. To avoid panic and confusion by people on Sunday morning, I went ahead and locked it to avoid confusion as it is Steve Smith of the Giants that is out.

I don't have a problem with NFL news being in the main tank such as the threads you mentioned, and other than some of the Patriot Game Day threads that have lingered for days after the game and are only discussion about the Pats team, I don't think I have moved any of those types.

I was just siting those threads as they were the first I've seen. I don't need an explanation as to why they were moved/deleted. I'm just looking for a general explanation as to why some news is moved and some is not and why some NFL news is not deemed worthy. I guess I have my explanation so maybe I'll give LVSharks' idea a try. :wink: