Sand$: 4,300.34
Maybe the Falcons should hire DeAngelo Hall as the head coach since he seems to think he knows more about running a team than anyone in the world.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,223.14
For the past 3-4 years the team that finished last in the NFC South won the division the next year. This just shows that nobody has remained dominant, so anyone can step up and win the Division.

I'm not saying the Falcons will win the NFC South next year, but this team is not as bad as everyone seems to think. There is a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, especially defensively.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 56,827.44
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:I think Falcons fans will likely be getting some fresh blood at coach and that it will be atleast 2010 before there is much hope for them to compete in the league for their division.

Well, considering the fact that our division is one of the worst in the league, I don't think it will be as difficult as you say.

If we bring in a guy like McNabb or DA and solidify the line, 6 wins isn't out of the question.

Not as long as Vick's still on the payroll.... :?

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Great White Shark
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:Maybe the Falcons should hire DeAngelo Hall as the head coach since he seems to think he knows more about running a team than anyone in the world.

Dude, what are you talking about? Just because the Texans finally got out of the bottom of the barrel doesn't mean you won't be right back in it in a few years.

I don't think DHall ever gave me/anyone else the impression that he could run a team, but he might be better suited than Petrino. :D
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
jdferguson07 wrote:For the past 3-4 years the team that finished last in the NFC South won the division the next year. This just shows that nobody has remained dominant, so anyone can step up and win the Division.

I'm not saying the Falcons will win the NFC South next year, but this team is not as bad as everyone seems to think. There is a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, especially defensively.

Yea I'm not getting this whole crap on the Falcons fest. If we have Vick this year we are a competitor in the division without a doubt. I'm starting to think some of you guys just watch your respective teams sprinkling in some of your fantasy studs and assume everyone else is garbage.
Great White Shark
vonbearsalot wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:I think Falcons fans will likely be getting some fresh blood at coach and that it will be atleast 2010 before there is much hope for them to compete in the league for their division.

Well, considering the fact that our division is one of the worst in the league, I don't think it will be as difficult as you say.

If we bring in a guy like McNabb or DA and solidify the line, 6 wins isn't out of the question.

Not as long as Vick's still on the payroll.... :?

:puts a gun in his mouth: :(
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,538.50
you falcon fans are hilarous...

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,538.50
well i guess i mean you highschool falcon fans are hilarious

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:you falcon fans are hilarous...

We live to make you laugh Ditka. Gives a Bills fan like yourself purpose.
Great White Shark
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:well i guess i mean you highschool falcon fans are hilarious

Stay out of this HND :)

By the way, I'm in college
Sand$: 4,300.34
jdferguson07 wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:Maybe the Falcons should hire DeAngelo Hall as the head coach since he seems to think he knows more about running a team than anyone in the world.

Dude, what are you talking about? Just because the Texans finally got out of the bottom of the barrel doesn't mean you won't be right back in it in a few years.

I don't think DHall ever gave me/anyone else the impression that he could run a team, but he might be better suited than Petrino. :D

DeAngelo Hall was notorious for questioning every move, getting in the coaches' faces after he blew the Carolina game, mouthing off to the press about Petrino all season long. Give him a shot. He can be a player/coach and the Falcons will be the greatest team ever.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,599.36
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:I honestly don't think Vick would have been a good fit for Petrino's spread offense. The West Coast (play fakes and quick hitting passes) was the only type of offense that Vick could have succeeded in.

A complete overhaul is exactly what this team needs. I am just glad we won't be wasting our first pick on Brohm anymore.

Hopefully we can bring in a defensive minded, run first coach and start winning some games next year.

Didn't Vick have a lot of succeed in Reeves more traditional offense which wasn't West Coast? I thought he was actually less effective than in his early years when they tried to convert Vick to more of a pocket passing, West Coast QB under Mora.

He might have been less effective, but the offense was better under Mora. The running game was the best in the league for a few years because of the threat of Vick rolling out on the boot. So yes, his passing might not have been as good, but as long as the offense is moving the ball, then Vick is effective.

Actually though, the numbers don't agree with what you are saying.

In 2003, the only year Vick was under Dan Reeves. The Atlanta offense combined for 5,752 yards and 41 touchdowns.

In the three years under Mora in 2004, 2005, and 2006; the offensive totals for the entire offense were less than under Reeves with Vick in a traditional offense:

2004: 5,363 yards and 36 TDs
2005: 5,453 yards and 36 TDs
2006: 5,621 yards and 30 TDs.

Based on the above, I don't think what you are saying is supported as Vick being more suited to run the offense in a West Coast system.
Great White Shark
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:DeAngelo Hall was notorious for questioning every move, getting in the coaches' faces after he blew the Carolina game, mouthing off to the press about Petrino all season long.

How could you blame him?

Obviously Petrino is a spineless idiot. But since you watched 1 Falcons game this season I guess you are the expert. :roll:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,599.36
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:

That is a much bigger task in getting one of those guys than you will be willing to admit. I think this is a 3 year rebuilding project. Your team has too many holes where you could use an upgrade at almost every position on the field. I still think Tampa and New Orleans are going to own your division for atleast the next two years. Also, I think Carolina will be better next year provided they fire Fox as their talent is clearly underperforming. All that said, I don't see you guys winning more than 5-6 games which will guarantee you a top 12 pick in those years for the next two years.

Almost every position on the field? :roll: No

Go through your roster and detail out which positions on the field you feel like you have covered where you don't need an upgrade or significant help with depth.
Great White Shark
checo446 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
checo446 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:I honestly don't think Vick would have been a good fit for Petrino's spread offense. The West Coast (play fakes and quick hitting passes) was the only type of offense that Vick could have succeeded in.

A complete overhaul is exactly what this team needs. I am just glad we won't be wasting our first pick on Brohm anymore.

Hopefully we can bring in a defensive minded, run first coach and start winning some games next year.

Didn't Vick have a lot of succeed in Reeves more traditional offense which wasn't West Coast? I thought he was actually less effective than in his early years when they tried to convert Vick to more of a pocket passing, West Coast QB under Mora.

He might have been less effective, but the offense was better under Mora. The running game was the best in the league for a few years because of the threat of Vick rolling out on the boot. So yes, his passing might not have been as good, but as long as the offense is moving the ball, then Vick is effective.

Actually though, the numbers don't agree with what you are saying.

In 2003, the only year Vick was under Dan Reeves. The Atlanta offense combined for 5,752 yards and 41 touchdowns.

In the three years under Mora in 2004, 2005, and 2006; the offensive totals for the entire offense were less than under Reeves with Vick in a traditional offense:

2004: 5,363 yards and 36 TDs
2005: 5,453 yards and 36 TDs
2006: 5,621 yards and 30 TDs.

Based on the above, I don't think what you are saying is supported as Vick being more suited to run the offense in a West Coast system.

I stand corrected Lombardi.