FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.22.2014, 22:22

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 12.28.2007, 08:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... _1228.html
Posted: Friday December 28, 2007 06:52AM ET

If there was any question that Mike Singletary might be interested in becoming the Falcons' next coach, he put that to rest Thursday night. "Sure I would -- absolutely," the San Francisco 49ers assistant head coach said by phone when asked if he would like the job. "The one thing I've learned is it's hard to become a head coach. But I feel I'm ready now. I know I'm ready."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12.31.2007, 16:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
Singletary 'prepared to answer Falcons questions' if called

Atlanta has the only current vacant position and Mike Singletary reportedly dazzled Falcons owner Arthur Blank in a one-hour interview last season. If he gets the call again, he's ready to start turning about the moribund and snake-bitten franchise. "Right now, there are so many things up in the air in terms of ... I just would have to have a better look at what's there," Singletary said about turning the Falcons around. "The most important thing is, if indeed I get that call, I'll be prepared to answer all of those questions. Until then, I'll just wait and see what happens." As a player, Singletary was one of the most feared linebackers of his era. He roamed the middle linebacker spot for Chicago from 1981 to 1992 and went to 10 Pro Bowls. He was enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998. Singletary has coached for two seasons at Baltimore and three at San Francisco, the last two as the assistant head coach. It's easy to see Singletary ramping up the Falcons' defensive unit. But little is known about his offensive philosophies. "First of all you'd love to have a balanced offense," Singletary said. "You'd love to have a multiple offense. I think you can have all of those things, but the most important thing is that you have to have a quarterback." -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution