FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 11.27.2014, 04:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 03.14.2008, 16:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37674
Donate
no.gif
Posted by Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune March 14, 2008 4:34PM
Categories: Saints

The Saints and tailback Deuce McAllister agreed to push back his $1 million roster bonus from March 15 to April 15, giving the team a better chance to gauge his health before making any financial decisions.

McAllister, 29, is recovering from surgery on both of his knees in late September. He expects to be ready for the team's summer minicamp (usually around June 1). But he said he was agreeable to the postponement because it gives him more time to prove he'll "make good on the investment."

"I think honestly if I would have pushed for it, I think I could have gotten it. But in doing that, they probably would have wanted to lower my pay," said McAllister, who is scheduled to receive a salary of $3.6 million this season, in addition to the $1 million roster bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus.

Of course, the Saints might still ask McAllister to take a pay cut next month. But McAllister will be further along in his rehab, which will put him in a better bargaining position.

"It's pretty much both parties working together," he said. "It's not something they were interested in doing if I was healthy. But at the same time, they want to make sure they're protected."

Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis declined to expand on the decision, saying that there is no need to read too much into it and that both sides were in agreement.