FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 23:50

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 03.28.2008, 11:39 

Sand$: 99540
Donate
Haven't been paying much attention lately due to spring training and march madness, going to the game Sunday vs. Nashville. Hoping to get a rundown of what's been going on the last month. It's tough to maintain interest in a team that's so far ahead in the standings and resting their players (IR'ing them for minor injuries) when more interesting things are going on and Detroit's games are not regularly on where you live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 03.30.2008, 21:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 42421
Donate
det.gif
The Mule is turning into a bonafide stud. 14 goals his past 13 games, and his OT winner today gave him his 6th GWG of the month - breaking Gordie's franchise record. Go back all the way to the ill-fated Detroit Dominance thread - I've been hyping up Johan since the start. Love the guy. I would rather him play with Datsyuk and Hank when Holmstrom gets back. I love Homer, but how can you tell Franzen to take a lesser role right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03.31.2008, 12:27 

Donate
To be fair, Johan was very lucky to score that goal Sunday. He whiffed on the rebound. His whif was so bad that the defenseman and goalie had problems correcting to the whif because they were expecting something hit harder than that of the 8 year old mini mights that were playing during the 1st intermission.

The boxscore doesn't say it, but Dom was lights out in goal. Most of Nashville's 22 shots were quality, also worth noting the stoning administered on a breakaway in OT. Detroit looked very slow and soft throughout, especially Henrik. We showed a couple flashes of physical play but they were few and far between, we may have gotten 35 shots on goal but most of them were not real good shots or possessions. Not sure what the problem was but it was very reminiscent of our level of play when we flamed against Edmonton two years ago. I really hope we look better Thursday against CBus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.03.2008, 22:25 

Donate
Jealous the girlfriend got to see the Presidents Cup won in person as she did tonight while I am stuck at home. Dramatic fashion too. Frandzen keeps finding himself in the right place at the right time when we need a game tying/winning goal and Henrik made a brilliant shot off the goalie's back with 10 seconds left in the 3rd for the W. That's 3 years in a row fellas, lets take this season into June this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.03.2008, 22:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 42421
Donate
det.gif
I'm just glad the regular season is over with. Per usual, the West slate looks brutal and the first round matchup will be no gimme - but our opp. wont be better than Calgary was last year, and we're better now.

I heard Justin Abdelkader looked fantastic in his debut tonight. Might be joining the club for the playoffs. I'd be ecstatic about that - he's replacing Maltby due to injury right now, but he plays just like him. Skilled skater, defensive-oriented, very gritty. We need a guy like him on the 3rd or 4th line. Another draft gem by the Wings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 04.05.2008, 09:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281335
Donate
den.gif
FantasyHussy wrote:
I'm just glad the regular season is over with. Per usual, the West slate looks brutal and the first round matchup will be no gimme - but our opp. wont be better than Calgary was last year, and we're better now.

I heard Justin Abdelkader looked fantastic in his debut tonight. Might be joining the club for the playoffs. I'd be ecstatic about that - he's replacing Maltby due to injury right now, but he plays just like him. Skilled skater, defensive-oriented, very gritty. We need a guy like him on the 3rd or 4th line. Another draft gem by the Wings.

Yeah, it looks like the stars have lined up for the Wings... (and I don't mean Dallas)

They had to work until the end for the Presidents Trophy which by all accounts is a jinx but nontheless, does guarantee home ice throughout and any and all game 7's at the JOE!

They were able to rest and reoup the injuries and open up with division foe Nashville, who I believe they were 5-3 against during the season.

Lets go WINGS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 04.07.2008, 07:54 

Donate
Ellis has been pretty hot as of late, as long as we don't have any dead offensive nights I'm not too concerned. Nashville's offense was even more unimpressing in person than it was when I've caught them on TV throughout the season.