FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 07.28.2014, 15:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 192  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.24.2008, 15:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 1870
Donate
stl.gif
Mr. Kennedy will be making his return to Raw next week. The preview on WWE.com regarding his return notes that he will be looking to exact revenge on somebody for losing the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXIV. According to WWE.com, the storyline reason for Kennedy being out of action for a few weeks is that he just "fully recovered" from the Money in the Bank Match.

I'm not totally useless... I can be used as a bad example.

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.24.2008, 15:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
stl.gif
The Great Khali has been battling ongoing problems in his knees and has been struggling to get around recently, reports prowrestling.NET. Some of his colleagues believe that he needs surgery on both knees. Khali previously underwent knee surgeries back in late 2006, which put him out of action for about three months. Khali is scheduled to make a trip back home to India, so it could not have come at a better time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.24.2008, 15:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
stl.gif
Michael Hayes, head writer of WWE SmackDown, has been suspended from the company for 60 days for a racist remark made to Mark Henry at a party in Orlando over WrestleMania weekend.

TMZ confirmed that an allegedly-intoxicated Michael Hayes told Mark Henry, "I'm more of a n----- than you are".

A representative from WWE was contacted about the situation and confirmed that Hayes has indeed been suspended for "inappropriate behavior". According to the WWE rep: "Due to inappropriate behavior, Michael Hayes was suspended for 60 days with no pay. In order to return to work, Michael Hayes will be required to undergo further evaluation."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04.24.2008, 15:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
stl.gif
Jim Ross is back with another blog entry from his official website. You can read the entire blog here: Some highlights:

Howard Stern saying he would not vote for a President that watches wrestling: "Seems like a strange thing for Stern to say. Apparently, Stern has a very low opinion of the wrestling business. Now that’s irony coming from Stern, who is one of the last guys I thought would have an antiquated, wrestling bias."

William Regal as King of the Ring: "KOR winner William Regal is arguably one of the more underutilized talents in the biz and even though Regal can definitely talk, which all General Managers must obviously be able to do, he adds a valuable element of experience and expertise to any bout in which he is involved. In the immediate future one has to wonder if Regal is likely to continue to be the Raw G.M. or will Regal focus more on his wrestling career now that the U.K. native from Blackpool, England is the reigning King of the Ring?"

Joey Styles' move to WWE.com: "Joey Styles told me Monday in catering, no jokes please, that he was really enjoying his new gig at www.wwe.com. Joey seemed to be the most relaxed and comfortable that I have seen him since coming to work at the WWE. Joey has already instituted several changes to the WWE website with plenty more on their way. Joe said he was now a "retired announcer" and budding corporate executive."

Best Wrestler Alive: "Just for the record….Danny Hodge is the greatest, living wrestler in the world….especially on this website."

Obama vs. Clinton from RAW: "Some wrestling pundits really slammed the "match" between the impersonators posing as Hillary and Barack. I am not sure what folks expectations were for this "contest," but it was, plain and simple, nothing more than a publicity stunt that did garner a great deal of pub the week of a WWE pay per view. The WWE made air on media outlets that would never mention the WWE unless there was a tragedy or a scandal. While the "match" was not my personal cup of tea, it did not last long enough to offend me and I sort of got a kick out of the ovation Umaga received when he came to the ring to put an end to the frivolity."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 05.22.2008, 14:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36896
Donate
pit.gif
Judgement Day Results:

JBL vs. John Cena

Winner: John Cena

John Morrison & The Miz vs. Kane and CM Punk

Winners - John Morrison & The Miz to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

Winner - Shawn Michaels

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina vs. Mickie James

Winner - Mickie James to retain the WWE Women's Championship

Edge vs. The Undertaker

Winner via countout & new World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker

MVP vs. Jeff Hardy

Winner - Jeff Hardy

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. Triple H

Winner: Triple H

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

Post subject: WWE Wrestling Thread
PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2008, 13:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
One Night Stand PPV Resuts

Edge (new champion) def. Undertaker (TLC Match for World Heavyweight Championship)

WWE Champion Triple H def. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)

John Cena def. JBL (First Blood Match)

Batista def. Shawn Michaels (Stretcher Match)

Jeff Hardy def. Umaga (Falls Count Anywhere)

Big Show def. WWE Tag Team Champion John Morrison, Tommy Dreamer, Chavo Guerrero and CM Punk (Singapore Cane Match)

Beth Phoenix def. Melina ("I Quit" Match)

Post subject: Re: WWE Wrestling Thread
PostPosted: Fri 06.20.2008, 08:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12107
Donate
gb.gif
LaSean4Heisman wrote:
One Night Stand PPV Resuts

Edge (new champion) def. Undertaker (TLC Match for World Heavyweight Championship)

WWE Champion Triple H def. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)

John Cena def. JBL (First Blood Match)

Batista def. Shawn Michaels (Stretcher Match)

Jeff Hardy def. Umaga (Falls Count Anywhere)

Big Show def. WWE Tag Team Champion John Morrison, Tommy Dreamer, Chavo Guerrero and CM Punk (Singapore Cane Match)

Beth Phoenix def. Melina ("I Quit" Match)

bet the i quit match was great.

i broke a nail, i quit. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07.01.2008, 17:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21027
Donate
bal.gif
Wow I wasnt expecting CM Punk to become world champion, anyway I dont think he will have a long title reign, its nice that somebody else is a champion ( who can actually wrestle ).

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07.01.2008, 17:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Kaleb.09 wrote:
Wow I wasnt expecting CM Punk to become world champion, anyway I dont think he will have a long title reign, its nice that somebody else is a champion ( who can actually wrestle ).

Yeah it suprised me, but I agree it won't last for long. I doubt he will hold the title past SummerSlam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07.01.2008, 18:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21027
Donate
bal.gif
LaSean4Heisman wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Yeah it suprised me, but I agree it won't last for long. I doubt he will hold the title past SummerSlam.
I expect him to lose it at the ppv before summerslan ( Great American Bash ) and I wouldnt be suprised if its Chris Jericho who defeats him.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.04.2008, 21:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63868
Donate
ind.gif
WWE.com announced that they have released Trevor Murdoch today. Murdoch had held the WWE Tag Team Championship on three occasions.

Murdoch had just been drafted to Smackdown! last week as part of the WWE Draft. He had been wrestling as a member of the WWE roster since 2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.04.2008, 21:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
According to The Wrestling Observer, it appears that Mr. Kennedy will not be getting any more of a push on Smackdown now that he has been drafted. He is expected to remain lingering in the same spot he was in on Raw. No reason has been given as to why WWE is making this decision, but if it has nothing to do with behavior than I can't understand why they would misuse such a talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.04.2008, 21:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
It came to many as a surprise that Shelton Benjamin was drafted to Smackdown last week as head writer Michael Hayes has never been high on the "Gold Standard." Hayes has criticized Shelton as being lazy, having poor promo skills, and never being able to seize the moment when it's given to him. There is talk, however, about placing him in a program with Jeff Hardy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2008, 07:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
In addition to amendments to its Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy, WWE has undertaken several enhancements to its overall Talent Wellness Program since its inception in February 2006. Updates include:

* Retaining ImPACT Inc. to manage operations and administration of the Talent Wellness Program. Through ImPact, WWE obtained the services of Dr. Joseph Maroon as the program’s Medical Director. He will coordinate a team of physicians and medical personnel for program implementation. Here's a link to the current WWE Talent Wellness Program Medical Team.

* Publicly announcing suspensions of performers. As of November 1, 2007, suspensions resulting from violations of the Talent Wellness Program have been announced publicly. More than 30 suspensions have been issued since the start of the Talent Wellness Program.

* Adding new drugs to the list of banned substances in the program. Anti-estrogens have been added to the list of banned substances due to their ability to be used to mask the effects of steroid use.

* Mandatory pre-contract cardiovascular, drug screening and physical exams for potential new performers.

* Mandatory cognitive tests for performers to monitor brain conditions. WWE is now using The ImPACT™ Concussion Management Program for all WWE performers. The ImPACT program is used by the National Football League, the National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, and the NCAA.

* Expanding drug treatment services to former performers. For the past 20 years, an important component of WWE’s efforts to deter its performers from abusing drugs has been its commitment to assist performers in receiving appropriate drug rehabilitation and treatment programs. WWE has expanded this offer to include any individuals who had ever performed under contract to WWE during their careers. More than 500 letters were sent out to former performers in September 2007. So far, more than a dozen former performers have sought assistance, and we continue to receive calls to our 24-hour hotline inquiring about the program.

Here is a list of superstars that have been suspended thus far for violating the Wellness Policy:

- Randy Orton
- Joey Mercury
- Rene Dupree (two-time offender)
- Kurt Angle
- Rob Van Dam (due to a drug possession arrest)
- Kid Kash
- Ryan Reeves
- Ryan O’Reilly
- Balls Mahoney
- Drew “Festus” Hankinson
- Andrew “Test” Martin
- referee Chris Kay (two-time offender, later fired)
- Jeff Hardy (two-time offender)
- Chavo Guerrero (two-time offender)
- Chris Masters (two-time offender, later fired)
- Edge
- Funaki
- Gregory Helms
- Booker T (two-time offender)
- Charlie Haas
- Mr. Kennedy
- Umaga
- William Regal (two-time offender)
- John Morrison
- Gene Snitsky
- Harry “DH” Smith
- Derrick Neikirk (later fired)
- Neil “Chet the Jet” Bzibziak (later fired)
- Afa, Jr. (for attempting to cheat a drug test back in February or March with a realistic prosthetic penis, which forced WWE to change the testing procedure by making the dropping of a performer’s trousers below the knees in front of a doctor mandatory in all future drug tests)
- Jimmy Wang Yang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2008, 07:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
Variety are reporting that WWE are moving to become more family friendly as they plan to produce their three weekly TV shows in a way that lands WWE a PG rating. Monday Night Raw on USA Network and ECW on Sci Fi are currently rated TV-14, while CW’s Friday Night SmackDown, who are preparing for the move to MyNetworkTV this fall is already a TV-PG.

Varierty reports, “WWE stressed that its shows wouldn't become tamer, as a result of the change. They'd just focus more on its over-the-top characters and storylines, rather than attention-grabbing stunts that may have been considered too outrageous in the past.”

A WWE representative said, "It's the continuing evolution of the company to create content for our growing audience of younger viewers." WWE recently released a kids magazine and website to help target the same demo with original content. Their film division WWE Studios will also help steer away from Rated R content.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 192  Next