FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 15:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 07.01.2008, 21:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36592
Donate
hou.gif
Baron Davis-G- Warriors Jul. 1 - 8:49 pm et

The L.A. Times reports that the Clippers have reached a verbal agreement with Baron Davis on a new contract. Davis' agent Todd Ramasar confirmed the news, though the deal cannot be finalized until July 9th.
The deal is expected to be for roughly five years and $65 million, a decent value in this market. Ramasar mentions playing with Elton Brand as a selling point for the Clippers, so Brand looks likely to stay. Corey Maggette is as good as gone. Davis' numbers are bound to be hurt some after leaving the Warriors' high-flying attack.
Source: LA Times
Related: Elton Brand, Corey Maggette

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07.02.2008, 00:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32258
Donate
oak.gif
well that makes the clippers......um.....still the clippers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07.02.2008, 00:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26428
Donate
It looks like they're getting Baron and resigning Brand at the cost of Maggette. I think Maggette's efficient game is very underrated. It's a good signing, but I'm not all that afraid of the Clips even with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07.02.2008, 09:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12702
Donate
ne.gif
Agenda42 wrote:
It looks like they're getting Baron and resigning Brand at the cost of Maggette. I think Maggette's efficient game is very underrated. It's a good signing, but I'm not all that afraid of the Clips even with him.

Would love to Maggette in Celtics green, they offered deals to both him and Posey yesterday as reported by the Boston Globe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07.02.2008, 13:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37716
Donate
chi.gif
lncr78 wrote:
Agenda42 wrote:

Would love to Maggette in Celtics green, they offered deals to both him and Posey yesterday as reported by the Boston Globe.

Maggette's not going to be a 6th man anywhere. So, unless the Celtics are going to tell Allen he's coming off the bench next season, they aren't likely to get Maggette.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07.02.2008, 17:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32258
Donate
oak.gif
hard 10 wrote:
lncr78 wrote:
Agenda42 wrote:

Maggette's not going to be a 6th man anywhere. So, unless the Celtics are going to tell Allen he's coming off the bench next season, they aren't likely to get Maggette.

if he wants to win a ring he'll be the 6th man......the only other team with a snowball's chance in hell of winning ish that wants maggette is utah......orlando can offer even less loot than boston and they have a much crappier team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 07.03.2008, 11:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37716
Donate
chi.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
lncr78 wrote:
Agenda42 wrote:

if he wants to win a ring he'll be the 6th man......the only other team with a snowball's chance in hell of winning ish that wants maggette is utah......orlando can offer even less loot than boston and they have a much crappier team.

Maggette's still fairly young, and he's definitely not yet in the "desperate to get a ring even if it means playing a significantly smaller role" phase of his career.

Also, I might as well put this out there now: Boston's not repeating.