FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 08.02.2014, 01:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 03.26.2008, 15:24 
Administrator

Sand$: 5378
Donate
nfllogo.gif
Hi Everyone,

So we have a very early version of a Mock Draft engine that uses the MyFantasyLeague live draft room for some mock drafting this season! I'd really appreciate it if you can organize and run through some mock drafts and provide feedback. What didn't work? What would you like to see? What can we do better?

It's all open for discussion as we'd rather get it right so please let me know what you think and post back here. If you find a bug, please tell me about it with steps to reproduce if possible and I'll update here when it's fixed. Any and all comments are welcome!

This is the public interface with the idea that anyone can stop by and join a draft. Coming soon, we'll have private mocks where one person can sign up for a key, they can pass the key around and then just you will have access to a particular mock draft.

Also coming shortly is a way for just the FantasySharks community (or any community) to be able to analyze just mock drafts that originated from here so we can get an ADP list from FantasySharks mocks only.

Also, a ton of analysis tools to look at all mock drafts, just sharks mock drafts, just your mock drafts .. etc.

So please, take it for a spin and let me know what needs changing or any and all ideas to make it better! We'll work on your ideas and fixes and give you guys a solid place to mock draft all summer long.

Here's the link:

http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/mockdrafts/public.php

Thanks!

Last edited by Tony_Holm on Tue 06.24.2008, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 05.27.2008, 11:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 37081
Donate
pit.gif
Needs the ability to move multiple players at once from the Player List to the Queue. (Highlight top 10 RB ADP wise and then drop them all in)

Also, not sure how the timer is set up for the computer/ADP unclaimed teams but it is TOO slow. Sometimes it waited 30 seconds, sometimes 3 minutes or more...

I'd be happy to keep testing the system. I really enjoy mock drafts and think it really helps you get ready for your live ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 05.27.2008, 11:39 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Sand$: 2598
Donate
det.gif
mc126 wrote:
Needs the ability to move multiple players at once from the Player List to the Queue. (Highlight top 10 RB ADP wise and then drop them all in)

Also, not sure how the timer is set up for the computer/ADP unclaimed teams but it is TOO slow. Sometimes it waited 30 seconds, sometimes 3 minutes or more...

I'd be happy to keep testing the system. I really enjoy mock drafts and think it really helps you get ready for your live ones.

I sent my thoughts and critiques (good and bad) to Kevin at MFL and he basically told me he wasnt interested in my thoughts or critiques. :?

So far, it's not a very user friendly system IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05.28.2008, 08:43 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 762
Donate
phi.gif
mc126 wrote:

I agree. At times the computer took up to 45 seconds to make a pick, why? If it is automated it should be instantaneous.

I think a good mock is short, sweet, and simple to use. Get rid of the "voice choices" as they are unnecessary and seem to slow things down. If you want to avoid drafters timing out fine, but make the reminder a bell or something simple. Also, I would make the buttons used more predominantly bigger. I couldnt find the "PICK" button and almost missed my 1st pick.

Would also LOVE to see drafts with different lineup options, i.e. flex pos. or no flex pos. te or no te. I do like the option to make it a PPR draft or non-ppr draft.

I use calculators regularly but will continue to help "test" this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06.09.2008, 07:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
Tony,

Not sure if they are updating or what, but just realized I was still logged into the mock (1616) that I started on May 27th. Its in the 3rd round....

Any updates on what they are doing?
MC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.01.2008, 11:11 
Administrator

Sand$: 5378
Donate
nfllogo.gif
I believe all the issues reported have been corrected. There was a timing bug under IE that was causing the drafts to behave slower just on IE. Things should be better now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 08.17.2008, 02:46 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 438
Donate
chi.gif
Going to give it a try.

thanks for the info....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08.18.2008, 20:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 24509
Donate
den.gif
I can't get it to work. But, I'm really slow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 08.19.2008, 12:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
didn't work for me yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri 08.13.2010, 09:42 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1028
Donate
nyj.gif
It would be nice if you are in a keeper leagues to be able to enter the draft room and designate what players are keeper then do the draft.

PostPosted: Sun 08.21.2011, 13:40 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 826
Donate
was.gif
I checked i t out and there doesnt appear to be any activity goin' on

PostPosted: Thu 05.17.2012, 08:44 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1028
Donate
nyj.gif
As the season for Mock Drafts is getting closer I took a quick look to see what was going on. I do not see the Yahoo Mock Draft activated yet. The original start to this thread by Tony is working and working well. It just doesnt have the human factor in it as of yet becuase there are not a lot of people starting to fine tune their draft rounds. I ran a couple yesterday and to say the least it is intresting based on ADP.

http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/mockdrafts/public.php