FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 21:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 10.31.2008, 13:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63868
Donate
ind.gif
Focused on this season and not wanting to create a distraction for himself or the team, Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings said he would prefer to wait until after the season to address his contract. Jennings and quarterback Aaron Rodgers are two players the Packers have targeted for contract extensions, even though their deals aren't scheduled to expire until after the 2009 season. Monday is the deadline for National Football League teams to apply any increase in a player's base salary to the 2008 salary cap, thereby allowing them to use up any available room they have now. The Packers have more than $20 million of salary cap space to burn and could use up a good chunk of it if they sign one of their younger players to a contract extension. Jennings, who ranks second in the NFL in receiving yards and tied for 16th in receptions, is making a base salary of $445,000 this year. The four-year deal he signed as a second-round pick in 2006 included a $1.24 million signing bonus, and as one of the top producing receivers in the NFL he can strike now if he would like. Yet it doesn't appear he will. "I don't want to be a distraction," Jennings said. "I'm not trying to make a big deal out of anything that would take away from the team. I don't want to do any of that. If there is something going on, I don't even want to know about it." -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel