FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 13:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lesnar vs. Couture
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 07:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 971
Donate
nyg.gif
The big showdown? I don't know if I'd call it that, Couture may have Brock's number who do you think is gonna win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 08:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11728
Donate
den.gif
If Lesnar can get it to the ground I like his chances. That guy could overpower just about anyone in that division.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 23:36 
Blue Shark

Donate
nyg.gif
The Dragon wrote:
If Lesnar can get it to the ground I like his chances. That guy could overpower just about anyone in that division.

Good call, I have to stick with Couture though because he's more experienced obviously and I don't see Lesnar overpowering him at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.15.2008, 21:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4208
Donate
kinda surprised not more people on here talking about this.................looks like you can watch this on channelsurfing.net

I like Couture also, but Lesnar is a beast and I definately wouldnt count him out

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.15.2008, 21:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Here are some fighter's predictions I just read on Sherdog

Chris Lytle: I see no way Randy can win. He’s too old, too small and [had] too long of a layoff. Lesnar is too massive, athletic and younger. That being said, I think Randy wins.

Mac Danzig: I think Randy wins this fight with experience and overall ability. It seems like Lesnar’s best chance of winning is if he can hold someone [down] for three rounds like he did to [Heath] Herring. I don’t think he can do that to Randy. Plus, he has a giant penis tattooed on his chest, which can’t be helpful.

Din Thomas: I think Randy’s got his hands full. Most fight fans don’t want to give Lesnar his props because they see him as a WWE guy. Not me. I see a college wrestling national champ, a big one, a really big one. I trained with a national champ in Ben Askren, and he played with me like Michael Jackson does an 8-year-old. But with Randy’s experience, he will prepare with the right people, and [it] will be easier for him to prepare for Lesnar than it would be for Lesnar to prepare for Randy. I’m just not sure it’ll be enough. I’m gonna go with Lesnar.

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 20190
Donate
phi.gif
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
jokerswild1130 wrote:

winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:52 
Blue Shark

Donate
nyg.gif
Damn, that fight was quick. :o :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32254
Donate
oak.gif
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:

yeah and mir already beat lesnar once....

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i dont care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 01:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4852
Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i don't care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

All in all...good fight and it is well deserved. It was a good punch that landed hard enough to do a little damage to Couture and finish him off with some ground and pound....

Mir did beat Lesnar once but that was Lesnar's first fight in UFC...he was still extremely green and panicked when Mir grabbed on to his leg. Before that Mir was getting his rump handed to him. Definitely if Mir can beat Nogueria it will be a nice little revenge for Lesnar to face Mir again next year for the title. As for it being a dark day in MMA for a former WWE guy to win the belt...that's crap...imo of course. Why??? because pretty much what you are saying is that Lensar sold out when he joined WWE. Pro wrestling is fake but it's entertainment with physicality and although it's staged there's some stupid and crazy shoot that goes on during matches...MMA is a pure, physical sport that is entertaining to alot of us...the difference is the staged part. I don't believe for one second that Lesnar sold out. Yeah you said you don't care about his NCAA wrestling background but he was good. Alot of the amateur wrestlers out there do not consider it selling out...that's ignorant. Would you call Dan Hodge a sell out because he did pro wrestling? He did what he felt was the best thing for him and his family...so no you wouldn't say he sold out...and alot of the amateur wrestlers out there don't consider it selling out...why because hell they have the Dan Hodge Award that goes out to the top college wrestler... the wrestling heisman trophy. So other amateur wrestlers don't turn their backs or call them sell outs for going into pro wrestling to earn more money than they would doing any other job.

At least give him credit for standing in a ring and giving a good fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 01:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28062
Donate
dal.gif
Couture is just too damn old. He's 45 right? He had no chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 07:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
Soonergal wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i don't care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

All in all...good fight and it is well deserved. It was a good punch that landed hard enough to do a little damage to Couture and finish him off with some ground and pound....

Mir did beat Lesnar once but that was Lesnar's first fight in UFC...he was still extremely green and panicked when Mir grabbed on to his leg. Before that Mir was getting his rump handed to him. Definitely if Mir can beat Nogueria it will be a nice little revenge for Lesnar to face Mir again next year for the title. As for it being a dark day in MMA for a former WWE guy to win the belt...that's crap...imo of course. Why??? because pretty much what you are saying is that Lensar sold out when he joined WWE. Pro wrestling is fake but it's entertainment with physicality and although it's staged there's some stupid and crazy shoot that goes on during matches...MMA is a pure, physical sport that is entertaining to alot of us...the difference is the staged part. I don't believe for one second that Lesnar sold out. Yeah you said you don't care about his NCAA wrestling background but he was good. Alot of the amateur wrestlers out there do not consider it selling out...that's ignorant. Would you call Dan Hodge a sell out because he did pro wrestling? He did what he felt was the best thing for him and his family...so no you wouldn't say he sold out...and alot of the amateur wrestlers out there don't consider it selling out...why because hell they have the Dan Hodge Award that goes out to the top college wrestler... the wrestling heisman trophy. So other amateur wrestlers don't turn their backs or call them sell outs for going into pro wrestling to earn more money than they would doing any other job.

why are you so incredibly rude to me anytime you say anything to me?? did i piss in your cheerios??

i'm not going to have any discussion with someone who calls me "ignorant" for not wanting a goddamn pro wrestler to tarnish a sport that i have been following from the very start of UFC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 10:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
Soonergal wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:

why are you so incredibly rude to me anytime you say anything to me?? did i piss in your cheerios??

i'm not going to have any discussion with someone who calls me "ignorant" for not wanting a goddamn pro wrestler to tarnish a sport that i have been following from the very start of UFC.

I'm not incredibly rude to you anytime I say anything to you. I hardly respond to anything you say...I was merely giving my opinion on everything just like you gave your opinion. Some one needs to grow some thicker skin if that's the case.

You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't mean to offend you by saying that amateur wrestlers don't call it a sell out because that would be ignorant.

I do have a question for you though...

why all the hostility for Lesnar? you say you don't want a "goddamn pro wrestler" to tarnish a sport that you have been following from the very start of UFC...well what's your opinion on Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn? Both did WWE. Did they make a mockery of themselves? IMO, they didn't tarnish the sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 11:22 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
Soonergal wrote:

why all the hostility for Lesnar? you say you don't want a "goddamn pro wrestler" to tarnish a sport that you have been following from the very start of UFC...well what's your opinion on Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn? Both did WWE. Did they make a mockery of themselves? IMO, they didn't tarnish the sport.

severn said himself he regretted doing that, so take that for what its worth.

and shamrock is a complete and total douchebag. he turned his back on the UFC when it was struggling, went and "performed" in WWE, and then proceeded to get pimp slapped by every halfway decent fighter he went against upon his return to MMA. bringing him up really doesnt help your argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 15:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
Soonergal wrote:

severn said himself he regretted doing that, so take that for what its worth.

and shamrock is a complete and total douchebag. he turned his back on the UFC when it was struggling, went and "performed" in WWE, and then proceeded to get pimp slapped by every halfway decent fighter he went against upon his return to MMA. bringing him up really doesnt help your argument.

:lol: Okay man...

My point with Severn and Shamrock is that they jumped from MMA to WWE and that has not tarnished the sport. So why is brock going to do it? In fact I think the UFC is doing pretty damn good right now, hell even WEC is doing well.

My question to you is why will Brock tarnish the sport?