FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.01.2014, 13:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lesnar vs. Couture
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 07:41 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.07.2006, 02:16
Posts: 364
Sand$: 971
Donate
Location: Rochester, NY
nyg.gif
The big showdown? I don't know if I'd call it that, Couture may have Brock's number who do you think is gonna win?

_________________
SIN CITY PSYCHOS 2014-15 ROSTER:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 08:56 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.10.2008, 07:59
Posts: 6695
Sand$: 11728
Donate
Location: Omaha, Ne
den.gif
If Lesnar can get it to the ground I like his chances. That guy could overpower just about anyone in that division.

_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11.13.2008, 23:36 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.07.2006, 02:16
Posts: 364
Sand$: 971
Donate
Location: Rochester, NY
nyg.gif
The Dragon wrote:
If Lesnar can get it to the ground I like his chances. That guy could overpower just about anyone in that division.

Good call, I have to stick with Couture though because he's more experienced obviously and I don't see Lesnar overpowering him at all.

_________________
SIN CITY PSYCHOS 2014-15 ROSTER:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.15.2008, 21:28 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 11.22.2006, 23:16
Posts: 4923
Sand$: 4208
Donate
Location: GA
kinda surprised not more people on here talking about this.................looks like you can watch this on channelsurfing.net

I like Couture also, but Lesnar is a beast and I definately wouldnt count him out

_________________
[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.15.2008, 21:33 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 11.22.2006, 23:16
Posts: 4923
Sand$: 4208
Donate
Location: GA
Here are some fighter's predictions I just read on Sherdog

Chris Lytle: I see no way Randy can win. He’s too old, too small and [had] too long of a layoff. Lesnar is too massive, athletic and younger. That being said, I think Randy wins.

Mac Danzig: I think Randy wins this fight with experience and overall ability. It seems like Lesnar’s best chance of winning is if he can hold someone [down] for three rounds like he did to [Heath] Herring. I don’t think he can do that to Randy. Plus, he has a giant penis tattooed on his chest, which can’t be helpful.

Din Thomas: I think Randy’s got his hands full. Most fight fans don’t want to give Lesnar his props because they see him as a WWE guy. Not me. I see a college wrestling national champ, a big one, a really big one. I trained with a national champ in Ben Askren, and he played with me like Michael Jackson does an 8-year-old. But with Randy’s experience, he will prepare with the right people, and [it] will be easier for him to prepare for Lesnar than it would be for Lesnar to prepare for Randy. I’m just not sure it’ll be enough. I’m gonna go with Lesnar.

_________________
[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:11 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 08.28.2006, 00:20
Posts: 24805
Sand$: 20190
Donate
Location: Philly
phi.gif
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?

_________________
lousylions wrote:
How did you like it in the end Conan?



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:15 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 11.22.2006, 23:16
Posts: 4923
Sand$: 4208
Donate
Location: GA
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?


winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing

_________________
[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:52 
Offline
Blue Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.07.2006, 02:16
Posts: 364
Sand$: 971
Donate
Location: Rochester, NY
nyg.gif
Damn, that fight was quick. :o :o

_________________
SIN CITY PSYCHOS 2014-15 ROSTER:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 00:54 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31162
Sand$: 32254
Donate
oak.gif
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?


winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing


yeah and mir already beat lesnar once....

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i dont care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 01:39 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 01.06.2004, 23:15
Posts: 1926
Sand$: 4852
Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?


winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing


yeah and mir already beat lesnar once....

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i don't care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

All in all...good fight and it is well deserved. It was a good punch that landed hard enough to do a little damage to Couture and finish him off with some ground and pound....

Mir did beat Lesnar once but that was Lesnar's first fight in UFC...he was still extremely green and panicked when Mir grabbed on to his leg. Before that Mir was getting his rump handed to him. Definitely if Mir can beat Nogueria it will be a nice little revenge for Lesnar to face Mir again next year for the title. As for it being a dark day in MMA for a former WWE guy to win the belt...that's crap...imo of course. Why??? because pretty much what you are saying is that Lensar sold out when he joined WWE. Pro wrestling is fake but it's entertainment with physicality and although it's staged there's some stupid and crazy shoot that goes on during matches...MMA is a pure, physical sport that is entertaining to alot of us...the difference is the staged part. I don't believe for one second that Lesnar sold out. Yeah you said you don't care about his NCAA wrestling background but he was good. Alot of the amateur wrestlers out there do not consider it selling out...that's ignorant. Would you call Dan Hodge a sell out because he did pro wrestling? He did what he felt was the best thing for him and his family...so no you wouldn't say he sold out...and alot of the amateur wrestlers out there don't consider it selling out...why because hell they have the Dan Hodge Award that goes out to the top college wrestler... the wrestling heisman trophy. So other amateur wrestlers don't turn their backs or call them sell outs for going into pro wrestling to earn more money than they would doing any other job.

At least give him credit for standing in a ring and giving a good fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 01:48 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.06.2004, 21:55
Posts: 20984
Sand$: 28062
Donate
Location: Sonoran desert
dal.gif
Couture is just too damn old. He's 45 right? He had no chance.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 07:36 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31162
Sand$: 32254
Donate
oak.gif
Soonergal wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?


winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing


yeah and mir already beat lesnar once....

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i don't care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

All in all...good fight and it is well deserved. It was a good punch that landed hard enough to do a little damage to Couture and finish him off with some ground and pound....

Mir did beat Lesnar once but that was Lesnar's first fight in UFC...he was still extremely green and panicked when Mir grabbed on to his leg. Before that Mir was getting his rump handed to him. Definitely if Mir can beat Nogueria it will be a nice little revenge for Lesnar to face Mir again next year for the title. As for it being a dark day in MMA for a former WWE guy to win the belt...that's crap...imo of course. Why??? because pretty much what you are saying is that Lensar sold out when he joined WWE. Pro wrestling is fake but it's entertainment with physicality and although it's staged there's some stupid and crazy shoot that goes on during matches...MMA is a pure, physical sport that is entertaining to alot of us...the difference is the staged part. I don't believe for one second that Lesnar sold out. Yeah you said you don't care about his NCAA wrestling background but he was good. Alot of the amateur wrestlers out there do not consider it selling out...that's ignorant. Would you call Dan Hodge a sell out because he did pro wrestling? He did what he felt was the best thing for him and his family...so no you wouldn't say he sold out...and alot of the amateur wrestlers out there don't consider it selling out...why because hell they have the Dan Hodge Award that goes out to the top college wrestler... the wrestling heisman trophy. So other amateur wrestlers don't turn their backs or call them sell outs for going into pro wrestling to earn more money than they would doing any other job.

At least give him credit for standing in a ring and giving a good fight.


why are you so incredibly rude to me anytime you say anything to me?? did i piss in your cheerios??

i'm not going to have any discussion with someone who calls me "ignorant" for not wanting a goddamn pro wrestler to tarnish a sport that i have been following from the very start of UFC.

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 10:35 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 01.06.2004, 23:15
Posts: 1926
Sand$: 4852
Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
Soonergal wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Lesner wins impressively. Just watched on PPV. So who is next?


winner of Mir/Nog I'm guessing


yeah and mir already beat lesnar once....

its a dark day for MMA when a WWE guy wins a belt. i don't care what his NCAA wrestling background was, he made a mockery of himself when he went into pro wrestling and will never be accepted by real MMA fans......

All in all...good fight and it is well deserved. It was a good punch that landed hard enough to do a little damage to Couture and finish him off with some ground and pound....

Mir did beat Lesnar once but that was Lesnar's first fight in UFC...he was still extremely green and panicked when Mir grabbed on to his leg. Before that Mir was getting his rump handed to him. Definitely if Mir can beat Nogueria it will be a nice little revenge for Lesnar to face Mir again next year for the title. As for it being a dark day in MMA for a former WWE guy to win the belt...that's crap...imo of course. Why??? because pretty much what you are saying is that Lensar sold out when he joined WWE. Pro wrestling is fake but it's entertainment with physicality and although it's staged there's some stupid and crazy shoot that goes on during matches...MMA is a pure, physical sport that is entertaining to alot of us...the difference is the staged part. I don't believe for one second that Lesnar sold out. Yeah you said you don't care about his NCAA wrestling background but he was good. Alot of the amateur wrestlers out there do not consider it selling out...that's ignorant. Would you call Dan Hodge a sell out because he did pro wrestling? He did what he felt was the best thing for him and his family...so no you wouldn't say he sold out...and alot of the amateur wrestlers out there don't consider it selling out...why because hell they have the Dan Hodge Award that goes out to the top college wrestler... the wrestling heisman trophy. So other amateur wrestlers don't turn their backs or call them sell outs for going into pro wrestling to earn more money than they would doing any other job.

At least give him credit for standing in a ring and giving a good fight.


why are you so incredibly rude to me anytime you say anything to me?? did i piss in your cheerios??

i'm not going to have any discussion with someone who calls me "ignorant" for not wanting a goddamn pro wrestler to tarnish a sport that i have been following from the very start of UFC.


I'm not incredibly rude to you anytime I say anything to you. I hardly respond to anything you say...I was merely giving my opinion on everything just like you gave your opinion. Some one needs to grow some thicker skin if that's the case.

You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't mean to offend you by saying that amateur wrestlers don't call it a sell out because that would be ignorant.

I do have a question for you though...

why all the hostility for Lesnar? you say you don't want a "goddamn pro wrestler" to tarnish a sport that you have been following from the very start of UFC...well what's your opinion on Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn? Both did WWE. Did they make a mockery of themselves? IMO, they didn't tarnish the sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 11:22 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.18.2004, 19:37
Posts: 31162
Sand$: 32254
Donate
oak.gif
Soonergal wrote:

I do have a question for you though...

why all the hostility for Lesnar? you say you don't want a "goddamn pro wrestler" to tarnish a sport that you have been following from the very start of UFC...well what's your opinion on Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn? Both did WWE. Did they make a mockery of themselves? IMO, they didn't tarnish the sport.


severn said himself he regretted doing that, so take that for what its worth.

and shamrock is a complete and total douchebag. he turned his back on the UFC when it was struggling, went and "performed" in WWE, and then proceeded to get pimp slapped by every halfway decent fighter he went against upon his return to MMA. bringing him up really doesnt help your argument.

_________________
2010 Fantasy Sharks College Fantasy Football League Champion
2010 4th & Goal Champion
2010 & 2011 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 11.16.2008, 15:44 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 01.06.2004, 23:15
Posts: 1926
Sand$: 4852
Donate
SJSwarm wrote:
Soonergal wrote:

I do have a question for you though...

why all the hostility for Lesnar? you say you don't want a "goddamn pro wrestler" to tarnish a sport that you have been following from the very start of UFC...well what's your opinion on Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn? Both did WWE. Did they make a mockery of themselves? IMO, they didn't tarnish the sport.


severn said himself he regretted doing that, so take that for what its worth.

and shamrock is a complete and total douchebag. he turned his back on the UFC when it was struggling, went and "performed" in WWE, and then proceeded to get pimp slapped by every halfway decent fighter he went against upon his return to MMA. bringing him up really doesnt help your argument.


:lol: Okay man...

My point with Severn and Shamrock is that they jumped from MMA to WWE and that has not tarnished the sport. So why is brock going to do it? In fact I think the UFC is doing pretty damn good right now, hell even WEC is doing well.

My question to you is why will Brock tarnish the sport?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group