League of Champions (LOC) 2009
Sunday, 23rd August @ 8 am EST (slow draft 24hr clock)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex (WR or TE), K, ST/D
17 player roster.
Shark league scoring setup.
Welcome to the League of Champions (LOC). There are many community leagues in this tank. As proven FF winners, you now have the opportunity to represent your league and test your mettle against fellow champions in an exclusive league with unique rules that will challenge each and every one of you. What separates us from the rest? Two very distinctive rules:
1. Relegation and Promotion - The worst 3 performing leagues will be dropped from the LOC and 3 new leagues will be substituted after each season. A minimum of 3 leagues will be dropped depending on the league roster situation and the number of sharks representing multiple leagues.
2. Yearly Rotating Scoring System and Starting Lineup Change – This league will change the scoring format each and every season. One year we may be using FantasySharks rules. Next year, we may switch to Zealots rules or an unconventional set of rules. We may drop PPR or add IDP next year for example. We may add flex position or start 2QBs one year. The changes will be random and at my discretion. These alterations will invariably change your drafting strategy. You are all champions and must prove yourself worthy of that title by being flexible enough to handle different scoring systems.
Basic League Setup and Rules
- 14 team (two divisions)
- LOC Champion will receiving an automatic slot next season
- Champions may represent multiple leagues (ex: Bus may represent Loan Sharks and Monster League).
- If there are not enough leagues to fill up the LOC, then previous champions may be invited to compete for that particular year (yearly guest Champion).
Rules of the Relegation and Promotion
- A minimum of three leagues will be dropped based on performance to be replaced with the same number of champions from new leagues. This number is based on the results and how many dropped leagues are represented by the worst finishers of LOC.
- If a champion representing multiple leagues is dropped, then all its leagues are dropped. If Bus represents Monster and Loan Shark finishes dead last, Monster and Loan Sharks will be dropped. This will count as two (2) leagues being dropped. If the worst two finishers in the LOC each represent two (2) leagues, then a total of (4) leagues will be dropped.
- A dropped league is ineligible the following season.
- The first promotion will be given to the new LOC champion. If the new LOC champion also repeated as champion in his/her league then a free slot becomes available and the recipient of this promotion will be chosen at the discretion of the league (basically I will decide who gets this promotion).
- The first alternate league from the last season’s draft generator will receive the second promotion to the LOC next season (currently the ...).
- The third and any additional promotion will be determined through a random lottery. The alternate league from this draft will receive an automatic promotion the following season.
For this season:
2. 13 weeks regular season. Most wins in regular season (MWiRS) shall receive a bye throughout the playoffs. The next 4 best teams should play each other in weeks 14 and 15 in a playoff format. The playoff winner shall face off agains MWiRS for the championship in week 16.
3. Tiebreakers: 2 teams (head to head, then most points in regular season), 3 or more teams (most pts, then head to head).
More info will be added in the days to come...