FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 12:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 14:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32268
Donate
oak.gif
Hedo Turkoglu-G/F- Magic Jul. 3 - 3:12 pm et

According to ESPN's Henry Abbott, swingman Hedo Turkoglu has reached an agreement in principle to join the Portland Trailblazers.
The arrival of Turkoglu will put the Blazers on a small list of teams that will be picked to compete with the Lakers for the Western Conference title. His versatility combined with the talent surrounding him on the roster will make him a multi-category threat once again.
Source: ESPN.com

the blazers are going to be tough next year....though that $10 mil a year contract could really bite them in the arse when its time to re-sign aldridge......

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 20:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
wow, looks like things have changed......

Hedo Turkoglu-G/F- Magic Jul. 3 - 9:03 pm et

The Oregonian is reporting that free agent Hedo Turkoglu has rejected an offer to sign with the Trail Blazers and has ended negotiations with the team.
There is no word yet on what caused Turkoglu's abrupt decision, though details should emerge soon. For the moment, this seems to leave the Raptors as the favorite to sign Hedo.
Source: Oregonian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 20:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36594
Donate
hou.gif
that is strange...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 21:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
checo446 wrote:
that is strange...

yeah.....i read the raptors are going to have to renounce 4 or 5 guys to sign hedo, so looks like he'd rather have the extra $2 mil a year and be on a crappy team.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 21:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16457
Donate
den.gif
I figure this will only make you hate him more, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 23:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
Hedo Turkoglu-G/F- Magic Jul. 3 - 11:46 pm et

The Raptors and free agent Hedo Turkoglu have agreed on a five-year contract, according to the Toronto Globe and Mail.
The deal is "in excess of $50 million" and to clear enough cap space the Raptors must renounce their rights to free agents Shawn Marion, Carlos Delfino, and Anthony Parker. (There are rumors of Marion being involved in a sign-and-trade, but so far nothing concrete has been reported.) The Raptors are probably overpaying for Turkoglu, but until the dust settles we're giving GM Bryan Colangelo the benefit of the doubt.
Source: Toronto Globe and Mail
Related: Anthony Parker, Shawn Marion, Carlos Delfino

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.03.2009, 23:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
marik7772003 wrote:
I figure this will only make you hate him more, no?

meh.....he can play in obscurity on a terrible team.......i really want the blazers to re-sign aldridge.......use the money there and keep developing rudy and batum and bayless......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07.04.2009, 08:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 63878
Donate
ind.gif
Quote:
A source says Turkoglu’s wife wanted badly to live in Toronto, a far more European-style city, and that’s where it appears the Turkish native is headed. The Raptors have embraced the Euro game under GM Bryan Colangelo, building a roster that includes Euro talents Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani.

Five years ago, Turkoglu was close to signing with the Phoenix Suns that Colangelo was running, but changed his mind and went to the Orlando Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07.04.2009, 08:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
checo446 wrote:
that is strange...

yeah.....i read the raptors are going to have to renounce 4 or 5 guys to sign hedo, so looks like he'd rather have the extra $2 mil a year and be on a crappy team.....
Raptors have good starters in Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon and now Hedo. Only need now is a real SG, I wanted the Raps to sign Ben Gordon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07.04.2009, 12:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
dznutz88 wrote:
Quote:
A source says Turkoglu’s wife wanted badly to live in Toronto, a far more European-style city, and that’s where it appears the Turkish native is headed. The Raptors have embraced the Euro game under GM Bryan Colangelo, building a roster that includes Euro talents Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani.

Five years ago, Turkoglu was close to signing with the Phoenix Suns that Colangelo was running, but changed his mind and went to the Orlando Magic.

yeah the extra $10mil + has NOTHING to do with it :roll:

Hedo Turkoglu-G/F- Magic Jul. 4 - 11:29 am et

The Raptors offer to Hedo Turkoglu will pay him more than $60 million over five years, according to David Aldridge on NBA.com.
That figure is significantly higher than earlier reports, which pegged his salary closer to $56 million. Either way, the Raptors must renounce a host of their own free agents, including Shawn Marion, Anthony Parker and Carlos Delfino (and potentially Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Jake Voskuhl). The deal can't become official until Wednesday, and it's possible Toronto will clear space via a few sign-and-trades before then.
Source: NBA.com
Related: Anthony Parker, Shawn Marion, Carlos Delfino, Pops Mensah-Bonsu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07.04.2009, 12:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
oak.gif
dznutz88 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
checo446 wrote:
that is strange...

Raptors have good starters in Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon and now Hedo. Only need now is a real SG, I wanted the Raps to sign Ben Gordon.

that team is going to suck arse. they have no bench. and bosh will be gone after this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07.10.2009, 10:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
ind.gif
Marion to Mavs, Hedo to Raptors as result of four-team deal

DALLAS -- The way Jerry Stackhouse's contract was structured, the Dallas Mavericks knew they could parlay him into a key player for next season. As it turned out, a lot of teams benefited.

The Mavericks, Raptors, Grizzlies and Magic combined in a massive swap Thursday that included eight players, a draft pick and stacks of cash. The deal sent Shawn Marion to Dallas, Stackhouse to Memphis and helped seal the transaction that moved Hedo Turkoglu from Orlando to Toronto.

Among the other pieces: Forward Kris Humphries, center Nathan Jawai and cash went from Toronto to Dallas; guard Greg Buckner moves from Memphis to Dallas; and swingmen Antoine Wright and Devean George go from Dallas to Toronto.

Memphis also received a second-round pick and cash from Toronto and cash from Dallas. The Mavericks and Raptors both also sent cash to Orlando.

The Magic were going to lose Turkoglu anyway. After Orlando acquired Vince Carter, Turkoglu opted out of his contract and became a free agent. He'd already decided to go to Toronto, but turning his departure into a sign-and-trade glued together the rest of this complex puzzle.

PostPosted: Sun 05.30.2010, 06:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7732
Donate
dal.gif
Now Hedo wants out of Toronto. There is no making this guy happy is there?

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/05/2 ... o-toronto/

Good riddance to bad trash. My favorite part of the exchange during this interview?

Hedo: When the circumstances turned against me, I lost my enthusiasm for this city. My lawyers have talked to the front office recently. Honestly, I do not want to go back to Toronto. My lawyers talked to Mr. Colangelo and I hope that they will come up with a solution soon.
During this process I talked to [Raptors head coach] Jay Triano several times. I promised him that whether he starts me or not, I will do my best on the court. However, if I had a more temperamental personality, I would have left the team. Yet, I did exactly the opposite. I did my best. I told him that I have no problems with him. I am not a young player, so it’s not a big deal for me to come off the bench.
KK: The next game against Chicago, you grabbed 19 boards which was a career high.
Hedo: Yes, I tried hard.

Ok. You can grab 19 boards when you "tried hard". So how come you sucked the rest of the season? Douchenozzle. Peace and adios. Maybe Portland wants you still unless you syke! them again. Argh. Friggen dick.

PostPosted: Wed 06.02.2010, 18:08 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 5573
Donate
sea.gif
Michael T 34 wrote:

Good riddance to bad trash. My favorite part of the exchange during this interview?

Hedo: When the circumstances turned against me, I lost my enthusiasm for this city. My lawyers have talked to the front office recently. Honestly, I do not want to go back to Toronto. My lawyers talked to Mr. Colangelo and I hope that they will come up with a solution soon.
During this process I talked to [Raptors head coach] Jay Triano several times. I promised him that whether he starts me or not, I will do my best on the court. However, if I had a more temperamental personality, I would have left the team. Yet, I did exactly the opposite. I did my best. I told him that I have no problems with him. I am not a young player, so it’s not a big deal for me to come off the bench.
KK: The next game against Chicago, you grabbed 19 boards which was a career high.

Ok. You can grab 19 boards when you "tried hard". So how come you sucked the rest of the season? Douchenozzle. Peace and adios. Maybe Portland wants you still unless you syke! them again. Argh. Friggen dick.

His trade value is d!ck now. I don't know what his salary for 2010-2011 is, but probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million. I doubt anybody would put together a package of that size for an aging, unmotivated veteran.

PostPosted: Thu 06.03.2010, 02:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7732
Donate
dal.gif
stiff master wrote:
Michael T 34 wrote:

His trade value is d!ck now. I don't know what his salary for 2010-2011 is, but probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million. I doubt anybody would put together a package of that size for an aging, unmotivated veteran.

I know :( The Raps only hope is to package him with Bosh in a sign and trade deal when Bosh decides he's leaving. Dang, I wish just once the Raps would lock up one of their young stars. I just get the feeling Bosh is heading out. If he takes Hedo Turdalo with him I can accept it I suppose.