Boise St. vs. Oregon

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005
Sand$: 34,681.58
Of course I'm serious. Look at the video. The Boise kid was acting like a punk, pushed Blount and laughed at him. So Blount stopped, turned around and popped the kid in the face.

What do you expect would happen if you push a guy and laugh in his face?

Blount was obviously wrong to do that on the field, but that was no sucker punch. The guy who got punched asked for it.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005
Sand$: 5,706.00
unimsw wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:Cheap shot? BS!!!! Let's look at the pertinent 3 seconds of this video:

0:12 "Hahahaha! You're just trying to leave the field, but I'm a punk and i'm going to push you and laugh at you because we won da game!!!!!BBQ!!1"

0:14 "Hahahaa! Now that I have your attention, and all my teammates are around to have my back...what's up punk!?! HAHAAHAHA Squeal like a pig boy! Weeeeeeee! Weeeeeeee! You got a real pretty mouth! Weeeee!"

At this point in the action, the cracka called out an opponent, make physical contact with him and taunted him. The opponent quickly squares up as the cracka smiles and then for some reason turns away. This all happens in the 14th second of the video.

(inner monologue) "Aw man this is the best night of my life"

0:15 ....lights out.....

Is my time line off?

Are you serious? I'll assume not...


While I don't agree with KIA presentation and choice of words, I do agree that the BSU player initiated the confrontation with him running up to Blount saying something and slapping him on the shoulder pads.

Is Blount's response warranted? I don't think so, but we don't know what was said.
_______________________________________

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34183
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 58,035.20
I don't care if he said his momma was a whore... doesn't matter. You cannot lose control that way. Collin Cowherd described it well... I'll do my best to summarize:
There are two types of people at sporting events, then job people and the career people. In response to an idiot smack talker, the job people say, "I'd punch him too! He had it coming!" The career people say, "This guy's an idiot. I'm not going to bring myself to his level." I think that analogy could be extended to a lot of other situations.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35398
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,575.50
That was pretty sad to witness on all accounts no matter who you point the finger at.

sorry swarm - that kinda sucks.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005
Sand$: 34,681.58
I am not defending the violent reaction from Blount at all.

The issue is was it a "suckerpunch". I don't think it was. The guy who got punched was asking for it and should have been prepared for that kind of reaction before initiating it.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005
Sand$: 5,706.00
unimsw wrote:I don't care if he said his momma was a whore... doesn't matter. You cannot lose control that way. Collin Cowherd described it well... I'll do my best to summarize:
There are two types of people at sporting events, then job people and the career people. In response to an idiot smack talker, the job people say, "I'd punch him too! He had it coming!" The career people say, "This guy's an idiot. I'm not going to bring myself to his level." I think that analogy could be extended to a lot of other situations.


I agree, whatever the BSU player said didn't warrant Blount reacting the way he did. I can understand the emotions of losing this game and having someone running up to him running his mouth and initiating contact with him. Once again though I believe Blount over-reacted.
_______________________________________

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15130
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007
Sand$: 16,457.00
He punched his own guy too.
_______________________________________

Image Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005
Sand$: 5,706.00
marik7772003 wrote:He punched his own guy too.


Self-defense?
_______________________________________

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31513
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 32,847.92
conanfan wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Whoa, Blount was like a maniac after he punched that guy! :shock:


considering it was in boise, i'd bet my last dollar someone called him the n word or something of that ilk when he completely freaked out by the student section.

regardless, its completely shameful. he deserves to be suspended.


Boise's actually pretty sensitive about the racist stuff. Idaho in general is because of Hailey.

But feel free to keep on spreading your prejudice. :wink:

Ugly game, glad we came out on top.


umm did you watch what happened?? i'm talking about when blount completely lost it over by your student section. it was a bunch of little white frat boys talking shoot and blount freaked out and had to be restrained by the cops. i'd bet any amount of money that one of those idaho crackers said something racist. i've been to idaho lots of times, so you arent going to convince me that the state isnt chock full of redneck crackers.......your notion that since there are black guys on your team that no one called blount any racist names is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard, congrats.
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31513
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 32,847.92
birddog wrote:That was pretty sad to witness on all accounts no matter who you point the finger at.

sorry swarm - that kinda sucks.


yeah, he deserves to be kicked off the team. but belotti is a douchebag and i'll bet they will just try to suspend him for 4-5 games unless there is a massive public outcry for them to do more.

what sucks for my ducks is great for my college ff team, as i own lamichael james. :lol:
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31513
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 32,847.92
marik7772003 wrote:He punched his own guy too.


that actually might be the bigger deal when kelly and belotti try to figure out what to do with blount. if he is teeing off on his own teammates (which he did) they lose all credibility if they dont boot him off the team.
_______________________________________

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005
Sand$: 5,706.00
SJSwarm wrote:
birddog wrote:That was pretty sad to witness on all accounts no matter who you point the finger at.

sorry swarm - that kinda sucks.


yeah, he deserves to be kicked off the team. but belotti is a douchebag and i'll bet they will just try to suspend him for 4-5 games unless there is a massive public outcry for them to do more.

what sucks for my ducks is great for my college ff team, as i own lamichael james. :lol:


Musburger has already come out and said he would have suspended him for 3 games, but since he apologized last night, he would reduce it to 2 games. :lol:
_______________________________________

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44032
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,422.70
lousylions wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
birddog wrote:That was pretty sad to witness on all accounts no matter who you point the finger at.

sorry swarm - that kinda sucks.


yeah, he deserves to be kicked off the team. but belotti is a douchebag and i'll bet they will just try to suspend him for 4-5 games unless there is a massive public outcry for them to do more.

what sucks for my ducks is great for my college ff team, as i own lamichael james. :lol:


Musburger has already come out and said he would have suspended him for 3 games, but since he apologized last night, he would reduce it to 2 games. :lol:


Maybe Blount can punch Musburger and we can just call it all even?
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6404
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004
Sand$: 21,656.00
SJSwarm wrote:
conanfan wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Whoa, Blount was like a maniac after he punched that guy! :shock:


considering it was in boise, i'd bet my last dollar someone called him the n word or something of that ilk when he completely freaked out by the student section.

regardless, its completely shameful. he deserves to be suspended.


Boise's actually pretty sensitive about the racist stuff. Idaho in general is because of Hailey.

But feel free to keep on spreading your prejudice. :wink:

Ugly game, glad we came out on top.


umm did you watch what happened?? i'm talking about when blount completely lost it over by your student section. it was a bunch of little white frat boys talking shoot and blount freaked out and had to be restrained by the cops. i'd bet any amount of money that one of those idaho crackers said something racist. i've been to idaho lots of times, so you arent going to convince me that the state isnt chock full of redneck crackers.......your notion that since there are black guys on your team that no one called blount any racist names is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard, congrats.


Save your insults for the teenagers please. I'm stating my opinion, you don't need to be a jerk. My prejudice remark to you was said good humor, hence the smilie.

I've been to Oregon thousands of times and the people there are generally the same as the people in Idaho in my experience.

Generally, white guys on a football team don't use racist terms in front of the black guys on the football team, right? And the BSU player certainly DID NOT say a racist term cause it would have been all over the internet and news by now.

I didn't initially see what you were talking about with the student section but I do now. For the record, Blount "freaked out" long before he was at the student section. As for the rest, you're just assuming. Considering the state of mind Blount was in they could of just said something like, "how's that for an a$$ whopping?!" or "you sure got your a$$ whupped!!" and he could have reacted that way.

I don't like racist names anymore than anyone else, but I especially think they're inappropriate when they come from hypocrites.
_______________________________________

Blzbba wrote:Truth fears no hate speech.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6404
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004
Sand$: 21,656.00
KIAball1996 wrote:Of course I'm serious. Look at the video. The Boise kid was acting like a punk, pushed Blount and laughed at him. So Blount stopped, turned around and popped the kid in the face.

What do you expect would happen if you push a guy and laugh in his face?

Blount was obviously wrong to do that on the field, but that was no sucker punch. The guy who got punched asked for it.


well, yeah, cause civilization is seriously overrated.

/sarcasm
_______________________________________

Blzbba wrote:Truth fears no hate speech.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests