FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 09.18.2014, 14:44

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Who Edited My Post?
PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 15:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9378
Donate
chi.gif
I posted a response to a question from ATL in Swarms's 'Main Tank' thread, and it got edited. It was not in any sort of context, just a word...by itself...that is all... What is the reason for editing it? The word remains, in some form, in ATL's posted question. (not busting on you ATL, just making my case).

This word can be found in any standard dictionary of the English language, and has several meanings, none of which could be deemed as offensive by any one.

I wouldn't be crying, but I could easily find 100+ offensive things on here; pictures, posts, videos, avatars, etc, that are in a negative context, and/or could legitimately be deemed as offensive by many.

Please let me know what the issue is. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Who Edited My Post?
PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 16:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53854
Donate
ari.gif
ross3650 wrote:
I posted a response to a question from ATL in Swarms's 'Main Tank' thread, and it got edited. It was not in any sort of context, just a word...by itself...that is all... What is the reason for editing it? The word remains, in some form, in ATL's posted question. (not busting on you ATL, just making my case).

This word can be found in any standard dictionary of the English language, and has several meanings, none of which could be deemed as offensive by any one.

I wouldn't be crying, but I could easily find 100+ offensive things on here; pictures, posts, videos, avatars, etc, that are in a negative context, and/or could legitimately be deemed as offensive by many.

How can we respond to you when you have not told us what specific post or thread you are talking about?

And I went ahead and put this in the appropriate forum. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 17:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17288
Donate
hou2.gif
JimHart wrote:
ross3650 wrote:

How can we respond to you when you have not told us what specific post or thread you are talking about?

Well technically he did say which thread
Quote:
Swarms's 'Main Tank' thread
- Have no clue which post/word he meant though 8)

PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 18:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
JimHart wrote:
ross3650 wrote:

Thanks Jim. Well that eliminates one Mod. :lol:

It was in Swarm's "The Main Tank is Fuggin..." thread located in General.

The word in question was changed to "jerk" by someone.

PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 18:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53854
Donate
ari.gif
ross3650 wrote:
JimHart wrote:
ross3650 wrote:

Ah, I see the post you are referring to. No one changed your word. If you hit the edit button on your post you will see that it is still there. But you used a word that is not allowed on this site and so the site's language filter automatically changes it to a less offensive word.

Additionally, in regards to posts that attempt to skirt the language filter, the mods have been told by Tony to edit the posts back to the actual word so that the language filter can do it's job.

Hopefully that answers your questions. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri 10.09.2009, 18:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
JimHart wrote:
ross3650 wrote:
JimHart wrote:
ross3650 wrote:

Ah, I see the post you are referring to. No one changed your word. If you hit the edit button on your post you will see that it is still there. But you used a word that is not allowed on this site and so the site's language filter automatically changes it to a less offensive word.

Additionally, in regards to posts that attempt to skirt the language filter, the mods have been told by Tony to edit the posts back to the actual word so that the language filter can do it's job.

Hopefully that answers your questions. :wink:

Yup, thanks. :)