FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 18:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Analysis of Green Bay...
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 06:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3962
Donate
dal.gif
Last season, the Packers had some awful luck. they outgained their opponents significantly but couldn't win games. They went 6-10 but 7 of those losses were extremely close, by an average of 3 points if memory serves me.

This season seems like Deja Vu. They can move the ball and score in bunches, and are Top 10 in the NFL in Points, Yards, Passing and Rushing.
But Rodgers is getting sacked way too many times (league worst 37 and counting) and they just don't win the close games. Dom Capers has done good things to the defense, and early on they looked to be a darkhorse in the NFC largely due to the improved D - which is currently 4th best in yds allowed per game, but 17th in points.

Sitting at 4-4. Minnesota has all but won the division so the Packers only hope is a wildcard. They've beaten Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, and Cleveland, which doesn't tell us much. Other than TB, their losses have come against good football teams with winning records (Minnesota twice, Cincy)

They were embarassed last week @ Tampa Bay. Sunday's game vs. Cowboys is a must win for the Pack. McCarthy's job is on the line IMO...

WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, G. Tate, M. Sanu
RB: J. Bell, McKinnon, Oliver, Tre Mason, J. Hill
TE: Wright
DEF: Cincinnati, Buffalo
K: Parkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 08:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 738
Donate
was.gif
they stink right now......McCarthy is an idiot for trying to turn Rodgers into the next Favre instead of letting him be his own QB and surrounding him accordingly.
While Rodgers will be an awesome QB eventually, it just looks like McCarthy is trying to have the same team as 2 years ago minus Favre plus Rodgers. Very few coaches ,Gibbs,Belichick, maybe a few others have been able to succeed year after year with plug and play teams.
Although i don't like Rodgers as much as Favre, i do think he was put in an unfair position by McCarthy and Thompson, the way it all went down.
Rodgers doesn't yet have enough experience to win behind a crappy O-line, Favre could win at least half of those close ones simply on will alone, that will come in time for Rodgers; he might be one of those guys that finds greatness with another team someday.....a la Steve Young.
IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 09:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5922
Donate
sf.gif
stuffedcrust3meat wrote:
they stink right now......McCarthy is an idiot for trying to turn Rodgers into the next Favre instead of letting him be his own QB and surrounding him accordingly.
While Rodgers will be an awesome QB eventually, it just looks like McCarthy is trying to have the same team as 2 years ago minus Favre plus Rodgers. Very few coaches ,Gibbs,Belichick, maybe a few others have been able to succeed year after year with plug and play teams.
Although i don't like Rodgers as much as Favre, i do think he was put in an unfair position by McCarthy and Thompson, the way it all went down.
Rodgers doesn't yet have enough experience to win behind a crappy O-line, Favre could win at least half of those close ones simply on will alone, that will come in time for Rodgers; he might be one of those guys that finds greatness with another team someday.....a la Steve Young.
IMO

You talking about Rodgers? we will take him (well I will take him) in SF!

wayne, Mike Walker, Garcon, Maclin, Owen Daniels, V Davis
Akers
Arizona D,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 10:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15699
Donate
gb.gif
stuffedcrust3meat wrote:
IMO

Not sure I follow. I don't see how they are trying to turn him into Favre. He hasn't played ANYTHING like Favre. Clearly they've worked to make him NOT like Favre in that they try to minimize the risky throws.

Secondly, I don't get the plug and play thing either...so when Favre left were they supposed to dump the team and find a new roster? They built this team for the future...at the risk of alienating Favre. Its young and all the guys have had a few years now of building rapport with Rodgers...they all knew he was the one that was going to hopefully be future QB of the franchise.

Rodgers WAS put in an unfair situation...by ALL parties involved. He was the real casualty of that whole situation BUT that is past now. Its really not the factor this year.

You are right about him not having the experience to win behind that line but honestly Favre wouldn't have survived behind that line. We all know him for his durability but at this age, he's proven to be human now and he can get hurt. If Favre was the one being brought down 37 times, he'd be in IR right now. Not sure I get the Steve Young analogy how you used it. Young played terribly in Tampa and was considered a bust. Rodgers is performing like one of the better QBs in the league despite a poor Oline. Young was deemed a bust and was traded away...Rodgers is signed to a HUGE contract and is the future of the franchise. The Young analogy works in that Young sat behind Montana watching a great QB and taking notes then stepping in for him after he went onto a new team to finish his career. The analogy works GREAT there...Young got off to a shaky start in SF too. He didn't instantly shine...the team went 4-4 in his first 8 starts and he was injured twice in his first 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3962
Donate
dal.gif
Good stuff on Rodgers. I agree he is playing well despite the OL. Curious though- why is their O-Line so bad? Is it injuries? Lack of consistency? I really don't know..

And what has happened to the Defense? In reality (and fantasy) they are no longer elite IMO. Turnovers and sacks are down from where they started. Which may have been more of a result of who they were playing (Rams, Browns, lions) - And I doubt they rebound this week against the Cowboys.

WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, G. Tate, M. Sanu
RB: J. Bell, McKinnon, Oliver, Tre Mason, J. Hill
TE: Wright
DEF: Cincinnati, Buffalo
K: Parkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
Cliffnotes version:

They stink with the exception of an explosive passing game. There's just too many "if's" this year. Rodgers and Grant are clutch. Rest of team, notso much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:20 
Chum

Sand$: 70
Donate
oak.gif
I have adjusted your post to make much more sense....

They stink right now......Zorn is an idiot for trying to turn Campbell into the next Steve McNair instead of letting him be his own Byron Leftwich type of QB and surrounding him accordingly with a couple bust wr and old rb's.
While Nobody for the Redskins will be an awesome QB ever, it just looks like Zorn is trying to have the same team as 2 years ago minus Todd Collins plus Campbell. Very few coaches, Vermeil,Belichick,Fisher maybe a few others have been able to succeed year after year with plug and play teams.
Although i don't like Campbell as much as Vince Young, i do think he was put in an unfair position by Zorn and That idiot owner, the way it always goes down with that "Raiders of the NFC" franchise.
Campbell doesn't yet have enough experience to Throw A TD behind a crappy O-line, Anyone could win at least one more of those close ones simply on will alone, that will NEVER come in time for Campbell; he will be one of those guys that never finds greatness with another team someday.....a la Michael Vick.
Wurd...[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55672
Donate
chi.gif
Cutler and Rodgers have been swapping notes on how to put up big numbers while still losing games.

Cutler thinks Rodgers needs to work on his turnover technique, while Rodgers thinks Cutler could use some work on his sack-taking technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10273
Donate
cr_general wrote:

They stink right now......Zorn is an idiot for trying to turn Campbell into the next Steve McNair instead of letting him be his own Byron Leftwich type of QB and surrounding him accordingly with a couple bust wr and old rb's.
While Nobody for the Redskins will be an awesome QB ever, it just looks like Zorn is trying to have the same team as 2 years ago minus Todd Collins plus Campbell. Very few coaches, Vermeil,Belichick,Fisher maybe a few others have been able to succeed year after year with plug and play teams.
Although i don't like Campbell as much as Vince Young, i do think he was put in an unfair position by Zorn and That idiot owner, the way it always goes down with that "Raiders of the NFC" franchise.
Campbell doesn't yet have enough experience to Throw A TD behind a crappy O-line, Anyone could win at least one more of those close ones simply on will alone, that will NEVER come in time for Campbell; he will be one of those guys that never finds greatness with another team someday.....a la Michael Vick.
Wurd...[/i]

lol

12-Team PPR
QB - Foles, Palmer
RB - Charles, Forte, Stacy, PT, Crowell, Antone, Juwon, Blue
WR - Julio, Alshon, Watkins, S. Johnson, Royal, Jennings
TE - VD, Niles
K - Parkey
Def - start 8 IDP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:38 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 677
Donate
24 career starts and Rodgers has situated himself among the leagues best, it takes experience to win the close games. Grant could be a top 5 if he had a line that ranked in the upper half. Driver is clutch and has been for years.

signed,
Homer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:38 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2356
Donate
cin.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Cutler and Rodgers have been swapping notes on how to put up big numbers while still losing games.

Cutler thinks Rodgers needs to work on his turnover technique, while Rodgers thinks Cutler could use some work on his sack-taking technique.

^^ Nice...LOL! ^^

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST/2DL/4LB/3DB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 11:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4996
Donate
chi.gif
Saying Favre could win half those games on will alone is garbage. Favre and his 40 year old body would be downing Vicodin at an alarming rate with the Packers current O-line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 12:06 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3441
Donate
stuffedcrust3meat wrote:
I think the problem is exactly the opposite. Despite his reputation, Favre's bread and butter was the short, pure west coast offense passing game.

McCarthy this year has been trying to turn Rodgers into something completely different than Favre. We simply do not do quick slants. We have an offense that is all about the big play.

I don't know if McCarthy wants to change our offensive identity as some type of ego play, or what. Maybe he thinks after Rodgers had one season under his belt, he should change the Packers offense just to show what a genius he is. But if instead he was calling the plays we called when Favre was around, I'd be overjoyed.

I've been complaining for 8 weeks that we are not running our west coast offense. We don't hit guys in stride within 10 yards. The quick slant is gone. We do not put our skilled receivers in a position to get YAC. We do not use quick hitters and try to let our guys exploit the terrible tackling in this league. We do not use short passes as substitutes for runs.

I have no idea what he thinks he is doing. It is not worth a damn for winning games, only for generating fantasy QB stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 12:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 532
Donate
pit.gif
cr_general wrote:

Wurd...[/i]

This post reeks of "all black QB's are the same".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11.14.2009, 12:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 16388
Donate
atl.gif
zodiak wrote:
This post reeks of "all black QB's are the same".

This post also reeks of not belonging in the Main Tank -- and should be here instead:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=73

Julio, Smith Sr., Wayne, Holmes
Walker/Reed
Gostkowski
PHI