Mark Ingram
Colt McCoy
Ndamukong Suh
Tim Tebow

Who should win the Heisman?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,896.30
I guess I will start on some analysis.

Being a Horns fan, it's kinda hard not to just put Colt first no matter what, just to get my bias out of the way...

But as is stands, I haven't seen anything that really makes any of Colt, Tebow, or Ingram stand out from each other. All three play for top notch programs, Ingram gets the nod over Tebow for the head to head win, but none have really proven to be head an shoulders above all competition.

I don't know much about Gerhart, but I'm not a fan of the PAC-10 and consider their defences rather week.

So, it comes down to Suh who I would already consider the 1st overall draft pick next spring... he is simply a beast, so to be completely honest with myself and overlooking my bias, I would probably vote Suh.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,478.84
Heart says Colt. But this is not a great year for the Heisman. Going Gerhart because its different.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,720.40
Jake Locker, but that would nix my prediction of him having success in the NFL.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,930.00
After his performance against Alabama, Tebow locked in my vote.

But seriously I voted Ndamukong in this. And personally i think the Heisman has become complete BS because it takes "team" stats into consideration when its an "individual" award.

When the Heisman starts coinciding with individual talent, wake me up.
Last edited by 4theU on Mon 12.07.2009, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Megalodon
Sand$: 40,089.32
Tim Brown voted for Gerhart.. :lol:

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,896.30
ross3650 wrote:Jake Locker, but that would nix my prediction of him having success in the NFL.

He's not one of the finalists, this is an official list as reported by everything I've seen...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,586.58
4theU wrote:After his performance against Alabama, Tebow locked in my vote.

But seriously I voted Ndamukong in this. And personally i think the Heisman has become complete BS because it takes "team" stats into consideration when its an "individual" award.

Yeah, I agree, the Heisman is BS!

Signed,
Gino Torreta-Heisman 1992

Little late to suddenly be indignant, isn't it? :twisted:

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,720.40
Baron_Fel wrote:
ross3650 wrote:Jake Locker, but that would nix my prediction of him having success in the NFL.

He's not one of the finalists, this is an official list as reported by everything I've seen...

Sorry, I didn't know the finalists were firmed up yet. In that case, I would vote for Ingram.
HammerHead Shark
pwbowen wrote:

Signed,

I'll be the first to say Gino was probably the worst Heisman winner of all time, but his comp did suck as well... BECAUSE the Heisman will never go to a small school like SD which just proves my point...

Now tell me a relevnat Heisman winner within the last ten years besides Palmer? 1-10 is horrible, but I dont think you can even make a case for 2 out of the last 10!!!

And when I say the last 10, Im not including Tebow and Bradford because they havent left their teams/systems...
Last edited by 4theU on Mon 12.07.2009, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,637.92
Suh deserves it. He's been a freak all season, and the main reason that the Huskers' D has been so good. After the whoopin he put on Colt I don't think there is any doubt left.
That being said I'll be shocked if he actually wins it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
Megalodon
Sand$: 14,498.50
The Dragon wrote:Suh deserves it. He's been a freak all season, and the main reason that the Huskers' D has been so good. After the whoopin he put on Colt I don't think there is any doubt left.

My feelings as well.
HammerHead Shark
The Dragon wrote:Suh deserves it. He's been a freak all season, and the main reason that the Huskers' D has been so good. After the whoopin he put on Colt I don't think there is any doubt left.

That is how I feel. I dont think/expect the best player to win. It is aan award that goes to teams.

Signed,
Gino Toretta

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,586.58
4theU wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Signed,

I'll be the first to say Gino was probably the worst Heisman winner of all time, but his comp did suck as well... BECAUSE the Heisman will never go to a small school like SD which just proves my point...

Now tell me a relevnat Heisman winner within the last ten years besides Palmer? 1-10 is horrible, but I dont think you can even make a case for 2 out of the last 10!!!

And when I say the last 10, Im not including Tebow and Bradford because they havent left their teams/systems...

When was the Heisman relevant, Herschel Walker?

My poke at you was based on the idea that it had BECOME irrelevant. It always has been and probably will. It's an award for the best QB or RB from one of the top teams in the country. There are very few winners outside of that. It hasn't 'become' BS, it's always been that way. It was a career award also, although they don't admit it.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
HammerHead Shark
pwbowen wrote:
When was the Heisman relevant, Herschel Walker?

My poke at you was based on the idea that it had BECOME irrelevant. It always has been and probably will. It's an award for the best QB or RB from one of the top teams in the country. There are very few winners outside of that. It hasn't 'become' BS, it's always been that way. It was a career award also, although they don't admit it.

LOL

I dont think Im as old as you think I am!

Im enjoying some guiness tonight so I may have missed some obvious sarcasm... It appears we are on the same page.

Its been awhile since the player Ive thought deserved the award was even a finalist for the award. I must admit I am very biased towards defensive players.

I think Eric Berry deserves a freakin mention for gods sake!