FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.18.2014, 01:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 12.13.2009, 16:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6307
Donate
gb.gif
4theU wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
und2006 wrote:
Personally, I would never send a kid of mine to play for a guy who bailed on his team right before the biggest game of their lives. He had a responsibility to the kids at Cincinnati.

Makes me a little sick...

What if realistically this is the only time the window's open to take the job?

Besides, college football became big business a long time ago. These aren't young, doe-eyed innocents making up his football team. A lot of them treated colleges much worse during the recruiting process, committing, decommitting and so on.

The players do have a right to be upset that they were probably lied to, but they're not really kids anymore.

+1

I think the blame needs to be put on the shoulders of NCAA, and ND as well.

In the NFL what would happen to a team if they were interviewing a coach and trying to steal him away during the playoffs? They would fine the coach, and the organization. In college its become the norm, but it really only screws the little guys so the NCAA has proven they dont care.

Not to say the NCAA and Notre Dame aren't partially responsible as well. But abandoning your team in that situation is indefensible in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 12.13.2009, 18:31 

Sand$: 94415
Donate
Losing a month of valuable recruiting time is not in the best interests of both Brian Kelly and Notre Dame's future, saying anything they've done is wrong is simply foolish imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 12.13.2009, 18:37 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2930
Donate
mia.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Losing a month of valuable recruiting time is not in the best interests of both Brian Kelly and Notre Dame's future, saying anything they've done is wrong is simply foolish imo.

You absolutely 100% correct. Sticking with Cincy through the bowl game would have cost him valuable recruiting time.

But the truth is signing day is MONTHS away, and HS kids swap loyalties all the time. Besides, you dont think if he helped Cincy BEAT UF then left and started pulling recruits it wouldnt have helped ND even more than the extra month? I think they were afraid he would get beat by UF, so they made him leave early....

Nobody is arguing that what he did wasnt in the best interest of ND and Kelly, the problem is he shoot on Cincy. In the NFL these antics wouldnt be tolerated, but in CF its the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 12.13.2009, 19:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33299
Donate
car.gif
4theU wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

You absolutely 100% correct. Sticking with Cincy through the bowl game would have cost him valuable recruiting time.

But the truth is signing day is MONTHS away, and HS kids swap loyalties all the time. Besides, you dont think if he helped Cincy BEAT UF then left and started pulling recruits it wouldnt have helped ND even more than the extra month? I think they were afraid he would get beat by UF, so they made him leave early....

Nobody is arguing that what he did wasnt in the best interest of ND and Kelly, the problem is he shoot on Cincy. In the NFL these antics wouldnt be tolerated, but in CF its the norm.

No, I don't think it would have mattered. Why stay as a lame duck, just for 1 game? Time to move on and get started on the next job.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.