FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.22.2014, 21:20

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun 03.28.2010, 20:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53927
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
When you play Duke you shouldn't breathe on them, I know that from watching the ACC all year.

I guess you say the same about Maryland & Va Tech?
For the season:
Team Foul differential/gm
Duke +1.46
Maryland +1.79
Va Tech +2.26

I picked those 2 teams because the Terps were tied w/Duke in the regular season and the Hokies were next. As a general rule, good teams make the plays and the lesser teams end up fouling because their personnel aren't as good OR the coaching is not. But every rule has its rule breakers...UNC +4.2 on the year. :roll:

People who point to 1 or 2 calls in a game as the reason for a loss are losers because, if you're really watch a game with unbiased eyes, you'll see bad calls going both ways [Snake, that's not directed at you as you laid the blame on Baylor's collapse].

I said the call changed the momentum of the game. Baylor still could have won it, I didn't say that was the reason the game was lost. I was just voicing my displeasure over the call and the zebras having a big hand in what turned out to be a 5 point swing in a critical point in the game. If you don't think that call completely changed the momentum of the game then I have nothing more to say to you.

No, what you said is that you's been watching Duke get the calls all year. I quoted what you said. I answered it. Now, to your point about the Baylor game, it changed the momentum because Baylor allowed it to do so. That in itself surprised me because that's not what Baylor had demonstrated in the games in which I'd watched them. They fought through adversity and usually won their games.

Oh, and if you want to go off in a juvenile snit, that's fine with me. :lol:

Last edited by dmcduke on Sun 03.28.2010, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 03.28.2010, 20:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13894
Donate
atl.gif
dmcduke wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
When you play Duke you shouldn't breathe on them, I know that from watching the ACC all year.

For the season:
Duke +1.46
Maryland +1.79
Va Tech +2.26

I picked those 2 teams because the Terps were tied w/Duke in the regular season and the Hokies were next. As a general rule, good teams make the plays and the lesser teams end up fouling because their personnel aren't as good OR the coaching is not. But every rule has its rule breakers...UNC +4.2 on the year. :roll:

People who point to 1 or 2 calls in a game as the reason for a loss are losers because, if you're really watch a game with unbiased eyes, you'll see bad calls going both ways [Snake, that's not directed at you as you laid the blame on Baylor's collapse].

I said the call changed the momentum of the game. Baylor still could have won it, I didn't say that was the reason the game was lost. I was just voicing my displeasure over the call and the zebras having a big hand in what turned out to be a 5 point swing in a critical point in the game. If you don't think that call completely changed the momentum of the game then I have nothing more to say to you.

It changed the momentum because Baylor allowed it to do so. That in itself surprised me because that's not what Baylor had demonstrated in the games in which I'd watched them. They fought through adversity and usually won their games.

Nevermind. Can't expect a Dookie to look deeper into that awful call and realize how it completely changed that ball game.

PostPosted: Sun 03.28.2010, 21:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53927
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
dmcduke wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

For the season:
Duke +1.46
Maryland +1.79
Va Tech +2.26

It changed the momentum because Baylor allowed it to do so. That in itself surprised me because that's not what Baylor had demonstrated in the games in which I'd watched them. They fought through adversity and usually won their games.

Nevermind. Can't expect a Dookie to look deeper into that awful call and realize how it completely changed that ball game.

I thought you had nothing more to say to me? :lol:

Typical NC State dirt farmer that can't read what was quoted AND written .

PostPosted: Sun 03.28.2010, 22:51 

Sand$: 9113
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
=D> =D> =D> Game completely changed on one of the worst charge calls I have ever seen. What should have been Zoubek's 5th, a 4 point lead, and an "And 1" with the chance to push it to 5 turned into an offensive foul, and a 1 pt lead for Duke after making a 3 point shot. Way to ruin a good game zebras and completely swing momentum in a game that should be decided by the 10 fellas in the uniforms.

How do you explain Baylor coming back and taking a 61-60 lead less than 60 seconds later? And Zoubek fouled out two minutes after that, after contributing nothing other than one defensive rebound.

Udoh spoke about the charge.

"I mean, it wasn't that big. I mean, you know, the ref made the call. We didn't get the stop. If we would have gotten the stop, it wouldn't have been as big."

All this crap about Duke advancing comes from a lot of things, but it's unfortunate that this team is getting a lot of crap thrown its way because it outplayed a tough Baylor team that failed to stop it. Hate all you want, but it's not going to change the fact we were the only 1-seed to reach the Final Four. And if you'd like to play the cynical card there as well, let me remind you that puh-lenty of people had Baylor beating us in what turned out to be a road game just minutes from Baylor's campus.

Oh and just in case you want to whine about out bracket.

After the first round game, where all Final Four teams played lesser opponents, the average RPI and SOS of their next three opponents:

DUKE: 15 RPI with 28 SOS
MSU: 18 RPI with 51 SOS
BUTLER: 23 RPI with 92 SOS
WVU: 29 RPI with 46 SOS

All of Duke's last three opponents are Top 20 in RPI.

Are we done here?

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 00:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
I'm just going to post something I read from a buddies facebook post game because it makes me laugh. Almost as much as that Dukeman post above blabbering about RPI and SOS. California, Purdue without Hummel? Please tell me you are making a funny. Just read and enjoy.

Dear NCAA, Thank you for not only making us the most undeserving one seed ever, but also putting us in by far the easiest of the four regions so we could look unbeatable. Although we are going to get run by a real one seed, West Virginia, next week, the run to the final four makes us look like we're still an elite team.... Give our regards to another "elite program" Notre Dame football and our man Karl Hess. Love, Duke.

Like I said congrats, enjoy your Final 4. It will all be over soon.

PS stay off our f'kin Pack Pride boards!!!

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 09:05 

Donate
sf.gif
Exactly.

You have absolutely no rebuttal for the truth. It's all up there in black and white.

BTW. Wake me when NC State is relevant.

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 11:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
1/4 Final Four teams correct #-o

:lol:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 13:04 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2079
Donate
chi.gif
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

x2 West Virgina

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 14:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 280
Donate
hou.gif
Went to the Baylor game yesterday. Baylor fans were very tame. Sat down most of the game, only got loud after the few dunks, and rarely got loud when Duke had the ball. Pretty sad sight to be honest. When 90% of 47,000 in attendance were Baylor fans and you still can't win with that kind of crowd... just kinda pathetic really.

Gotta admit though, in person the foul calls seemed even more inconsistent. Not really sure what was up with the refs.

Duke benefitted the most from Purdue beating A&M in OT. Otherwise, it would've been a sea of maroon in Reliant a few days ago.

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 14:17 

Donate
sf.gif
Virro wrote:

Duke benefitted the most from Purdue beating A&M in OT. Otherwise, it would've been a sea of maroon in Reliant a few days ago.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 15:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Year of Norwood wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

x2 West Virgina

Same! 8)

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 17:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14381
Donate
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
Year of Norwood wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

x2 West Virgina

Same! 8)

Sadly for me, I only got Butler right in the final 4.

¸„ø¤ „ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¨°º¤

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 18:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 110501
Donate
oak.gif
hemol wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
Year of Norwood wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:

x2 West Virgina

Same! 8)

Sadly for me, I only got Butler right in the final 4.

I only got West Virginia! :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 18:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 110501
Donate
oak.gif
Looks like a a Duke/Baylor rematch in the women's tourney. Maybe Baylor can save face for the men.

And no...I am not watching it(but my wife is). :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 03.29.2010, 18:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
Looks like a a Duke/Baylor rematch in the women's tourney. Maybe Baylor can save face for the men.

And no...I am not watching it(but my wife is). :lol:

I have a hard time believing that Baylor chick does not have some sort of male DNA inside of her. I had the tv in the background while she was giving an interview (unknowing who it was on the tv), she sounded 99% male in here voice. I looked over and was shocked to say the least.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next